Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Strikes, Indian Bankers and Trash Cans: a Week at Disneyland Paris

I would have pulled the cigarette right out of the guys mouth. Very rude of him.

I loved the pictures of the trashcans!

• Senior Minion

Actually, now that you mention it, I am the person that leaned on the bin to throw my sandwich into the grounds of Phantom Manor. I must apologise for this, I simply wanted to dispose of my sandwich and perhaps could have found a better place and time to do so. In my defence, the sandwich was almost immediately devoured by a colony of hungry rats who I assumed were a tie-in with that Pixar movie - Cars.

BTW Puss, surely the question on everyone's lips is - did you witness any public urinating?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• i heart plunging v-necks

great trip report, i recently came back from a first trip and found the DLP crowds to be of the "six flags" variety.

BTW Puss, surely the question on everyone's lips is - did you witness any public urinating?
    believe it or not, i've seen public urination at the original disneyland. some trashy family allowed their son to pee in a corner of the indiana jones adventure queue's rotunda room.

• For You!

Thanks for the report - I really enjoyed it. I'm afraid I would have said a little more to the cigarette guy. But, good for you speaking up to the indian banker guy! Some people don't realize that they're not better than everybody else, they're just making a fool of themself.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Actually, now that you mention it, I am the person that leaned on the bin to throw my sandwich into the grounds of Phantom Manor. I must apologise for this, I simply wanted to dispose of my sandwich and perhaps could have found a better place and time to do so. In my defence, the sandwich was almost immediately devoured by a colony of hungry rats who I assumed were a tie-in with that Pixar movie - Cars.

Ah yes, laugh! Laugh at my little one-in-a-million. Just wait until the smoker too tracks me down and my posting mysteriously stops.

Hmmmm. I wonder how David Sedaris handles these things?

And the urinating... Actually, now that you mention it, Adventure Isle smelled of chlorine and nothing more. Excellent progress there.

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    great trip report, i recently came back from a first trip and found the DLP crowds to be of the "six flags" variety.

believe it or not, i've seen public urination at the original disneyland. some trashy family allowed their son to pee in a corner of the indiana jones adventure queue's rotunda room.
    Well, with all due respect, I don't think it's that bad yet... Disneyland Paris is still mostly visited by families. Families with occasionally questionable views on waste management and second hand smoke, but it's not nearly as bad as your average Six Flags, where you stand about a 30% chance of running into a man exposing himself to a security camera.

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Thanks for the report - I really enjoyed it. I'm afraid I would have said a little more to the cigarette guy. But, good for you speaking up to the indian banker guy! Some people don't realize that they're not better than everybody else, they're just making a fool of themself.
    You're probably right, but to be honest I kind of felt for him. He was obviously shocked to be reprimanded at all, and he was just trying to prove his masculinity to the other apes in his party. Come to think of it, that was a bit of a Six Flags moment...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Hi there! I'm sorry I used you for material. I'm sure you had a valid point, although I can't say I'm not a little curious about these bankers!

I just hope the smoker and the cheery taxi man don't show up...
    Last time I drive you to Disneyland Paris for 15 euros!

P.S. Nice shoes.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report!

About the rude guests, I just heard a piece on NPR about Expedia France doing a survey about the worst tourists. Here's an article about it: http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...worst-tourists
    <o>

• Minion

Thanks, enjoyed the report. Certainly the trashiest one I've ever read

BTW I was one of those Indian bankers at DLP that day. But my mission there was top secret so I can't tell you much about it. I will say that I gave a confidential document to Aladdin247 which self-destructed after he read it...we can't have all those non-shareholder-types reading such things, after all!
    Down with the Hat

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    Thanks for the report!

About the rude guests, I just heard a piece on NPR about Expedia France doing a survey about the worst tourists. Here's an article about it: http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...worst-tourists
    NPR listeners, meanwhile, must make fabulous tourists. All excited to finally put that degree in linguistics to good use, trying hard not to be recognized as Americans, recycling all their trash... But I have a feeling you won't find too many of them at Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Thanks, enjoyed the report. Certainly the trashiest one I've ever read

BTW I was one of those Indian bankers at DLP that day. But my mission there was top secret so I can't tell you much about it. I will say that I gave a confidential document to Aladdin247 which self-destructed after he read it...we can't have all those non-shareholder-types reading such things, after all!
    Hey, I do own shares. With any luck I'll be able to sell them one day and buy a latte.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 07-08-2008 at 04:56 PM.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Hola Yola!

Well, with all due respect, I don't think it's that bad yet... Disneyland Paris is still mostly visited by families. Families with occasionally questionable views on waste management and second hand smoke, but it's not nearly as bad as your average Six Flags, where you stand about a 30% chance of running into a man exposing himself to a security camera.
    I was there and May and didn't think people behaved all that badly. The one thing I did see was two idiot guys in their late teens throw one of those "slippery when wet" cones off a bridge on Adventure Isle onto a path below and run off laughing at how amazingly daring and witty they were. If someone happened to walk around the corner and was hit it could have caused a very serious injury judging by the force with which it hit the ground.
    Last edited by Sir_Cliff; 07-08-2008 at 11:41 PM.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    I was there and May and didn't think people behaved all that badly. The one thing I did see was two idiot guys in their late teens throw one of those "slippery when wet" cones off a bridge on Adventure Isle onto a path below and run off laughing at how amazingly daring and witty they were. If someone happened to walk around the corner and was hit it could have caused a very serious injury judging by the force with which it hit the ground.
    That would have been ironic, wouldn't it. Death by a "caution, wet floor" cone.

• Banned User

This is a very nice trip report from you Pussnboots. Great photos, nice shoes, and commentary that is spot on. I agree with most of your comments and observations. I am also glad to see (from your pictures) that the main soundstage entrance into WDSP is being renovated and the huge Cars billboard on the building has been removed at last!!

Great report. Thanks.

• Hola Yola!

That would have been ironic, wouldn't it. Death by a "caution, wet floor" cone.
    Yes, I guess it would. The last thing you'd see flying toward your head at high speed would be "CAUTION" in bright red letters.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thanks for a great trip report. Hope to visit that fabulous park someday!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast