Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Stars 'N' Cars 2009 - NOT a parade?

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2Disneyland View Post
    Pixar Play was not designed for DHS. It was designed for DCA.
    I've heard that it was originally designed for DHS (early planning stages), & then they decided it would go to DCA instead (of which I'm really glad, because Block Party Bash is an absolutely horrible parade, PPP is excellent!).

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Honestly, sometimes I think Disney needs to just close the park for a year or two and demo a large majority, leaving only Tower, Toon Studios, and the attractions and shops, then rebuild everything with a new look. If the park is so badly designed, then I think that drastic measures are needed.
    Why do you think everything looks so cheap in the park....
    most of the rides and facades were done in a way that they can easily be moved or redone as cheap as possible....

the park just HAD to open, so they chose to do it this way....
    a good example is the queue for the tram-tour.... a simple industrial structure.
    And more importantly; it functions as the "block-off" fence to the rest of the park (currently unbuilt).... When they decide to expand the park, they can design and built the additions without anoying the guests...
    when it's done, they remove some bolts and open the way to the rest of the park.... heck, the expanded road for the tram tour has basicly been in place and unused since opening day.

We all know the park "was" a bad design when it opened, but currently it has more ambience than Disneyland Parc if you ask me, thanks to the initial placemaking..... It's just not finished yet, but the route they have taken now is a VERY LARGE step in the right direction.

now everyone PLEASE stop b*tching about the size and design of the park, that's old news, they know it allready and they're currently working very hard to redo an expand the park.... and it's really starting to show.

• Creative Director

Re: ''Play! Play! It's the... WDS parade?''

Quote Originally Posted by TweedlDum9 View Post
    There's no way they could do that. The Disney Cinema Parade floats were super-skinny (their film-strip parade route is a little more than half as wide as Main Street), so the Pixar Play floats would spill over the Guest lines... especially with things like the Swinging Dings moving even further outward.
    That's why I said "rumor". It was talked about from an interview with a producer at WDW who supposedly worked on both PPP and BPB.
    He was talking about how the parade rotation thing was being developed and how certain parks connect, like the magic kingdoms, and then DCA-DHS-WDSP, etc. It was also in that interview that he said PPP was designed originally for DHS, though again, I also really doubted that in that everything that was being talked made it seem like PPP was being created for DCA...either that WDW producer didn't have his facts straight, or, and I'm sure, that things are talked about in meetings and change at the drop of a dime all the time.

I am with you, in that I would doubt it would go there as their parade route is very, very thin.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2Disneyland View Post
    Pixar Play was not designed for DHS. It was designed for DCA. DHS is planning on keeping BPB for a LONG time...you know how Florida likes to hold on to their parades.
    Then that WDW producer must have been off...though I don't doubt it.

Ever since I can remember hearing about PPP, it was talked about as if it was designed originally for DCA anyway. And wasn't Marilyn Magness one of the creative directors on this too...?

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    Why do you think everything looks so cheap in the park....
    most of the rides and facades were done in a way that they can easily be moved or redone as cheap as possible....

the park just HAD to open, so they chose to do it this way....
    a good example is the queue for the tram-tour.... a simple industrial structure.
    And more importantly; it functions as the "block-off" fence to the rest of the park (currently unbuilt).... When they decide to expand the park, they can design and built the additions without anoying the guests...
    when it's done, they remove some bolts and open the way to the rest of the park.... heck, the expanded road for the tram tour has basicly been in place and unused since opening day.

We all know the park "was" a bad design when it opened, but currently it has more ambience than Disneyland Parc if you ask me, thanks to the initial placemaking..... It's just not finished yet, but the route they have taken now is a VERY LARGE step in the right direction.

now everyone PLEASE stop b*tching about the size and design of the park, that's old news, they know it allready and they're currently working very hard to redo an expand the park.... and it's really starting to show.
    (Oy.) One E-ticket and a few facades, however lovely, do not a good park make. It's a good start, but they have a long way to go.

The only reason why the still-sorry state of the park was brought up in this thread was because it is a relevant issue in the parade discussion; specifically, whether having a parade in the traditional sense does anything for a park that still lacks anything in the direction of a street.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Arrow Who's in charge here?

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Ever since I can remember hearing about PPP, it was talked about as if it was designed originally for DCA anyway. And wasn't Marilyn Magness one of the creative directors on this too...?
    She was the Show Director. Steve Davison was the Creative Director overseeing all the 50th entertainment.
    Last edited by TweedlDum9; 08-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.

• Creative Director

Re: Who's in charge here?

She came to a few rehearsals, but Steve Davison was the Creative Director. He oversees all the Parades and Spectaculars. Steve brought in Fred Tallaksen to be the Show Director for the project.

After the downsizing of BPB, Marilyn moved over to freshen up the Atmosphere Talent (which is her true passion), and then moved up to Glendale to work under Annie Hamburger as the global head of Atmosphere entertainment (like Steve Davison, but overseeing Atmosphere).
    ahh cool. I thought she moved on up into DCE or so it seemed from one of those OC publications that had done an article with her.
    cool.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    ahh cool. I thought she moved on up into DCE or so it seemed from one of those OC publications that had done an article with her.
    Yes, but I don't know what her exact job title is. I believe she is now the global head of atmosphere entertainment.
    Last edited by TweedlDum9; 08-28-2008 at 03:15 PM.

• Creative Director

Annie is very much hands on in the stage shows in particular, right?

and I had heard DCE wasn't too happy with some of the atmosphere entertainment around the parks, so it makes sense they set up a group for that at DCE.

as for Paris, I don't know what would fit on WDSP's parade route unless it was custom made for it. Though I would have thought a stars and motor cars type of parade would have been a good fit for it. hmmm...it'll be interesting to see what they do.

• Senior Minion

Will the Muppets survive the trans-Atlantic transfer of Stars and Motor Cars?
    With Kermit merchandise resurfacing in the Disney Store recently and all of this talk about a new re-imagined Muppet movie, I really do hope so.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Now there change a few cars , Pixar made his way to the parade...
    There ar plans for a meet the robinsons car, finding nemo, and ratatouille.
    But it's not official these are rumours of castmembers of the entertainment department.
    Disneyland Resort Paris x3
    counter - to much !

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by invasion View Post
    Now there change a few cars , Pixar made his way to the parade...
    There ar plans for a meet the robinsons car, finding nemo, and ratatouille.
    But it's not official these are rumours of castmembers of the entertainment department.
    Meet the Robinsons?! I somehow doubt it. The movie came out a year ago and is all but forgotten already.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

So here is a new article of dlrptoday.

Motor Cars parade become Stars'n'Cars event

Amongst the 2009 events now appearing on the horizon it’s certainly the most anticipated, despite being so familiar. But, now that the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade is nearly here, everything has changed…

The thing is — the anticipation surrounding this parade, that, after years of rumours, was finally retired from Disney’s Hollywood Studios park in Florida earlier this year and brought to Paris, is not just anticipation to see it in Paris. It’s an anticipation to see what Paris do with it.
    Famously slow on the eyes despite its pleasing cavalcade of themed motor cars and a wide variety of stars, the news of the parade’s move to Paris was met with some hesitation from fans who’d seen it right from the word go.

“Green Army Man in Surgery Shock”
    Considering Disneyland Park right next door now has a parade — Disney’s Once Upon a Dream Parade — with so many characters, dancers, static props and moving puppets that it literally bombards your senses as it passes, would something as mellow as a Hollywood-style cavalcade of film stars in cars be enough for the second gate, just metres away?
    And here, apparently, is the answer: no, not quite.

The Studios’ wish comes true — a real Disney Princess on its parade route!
    So, what will the Entertainment department of Disneyland Resort Paris do with those highly-themed motor cars, now sitting backstage since April this year? For an answer to that, you have to look to what inspired this parade’s move to Paris in the first place — the original version of a popular Walt Disney Studios Park character event — Good Morning Walt Disney Studios.
    Because, though this cavalcade of regular classic cars carrying Disney stars was hardly a dazzling show-stopper as it passed by you on the parade route, it was always one of the most memorable events of the day. As the cars hit Production Courtyard, they took a turn and parked up, letting the stars step out of the cars for a 20-minute meeting with their fans.
    In that same vein, let us not announce Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade for 2009, but instead: Disney’s Stars ‘n’ Cars Event.

Two Genies at once in Toon Studio! Nescafé would call that Genie Genies.
    No longer a parade, now an event! And those earlier rumours from several months ago were entirely true — it WILL be split into three distinct, different events, happening throughout the day, in three set locations of Walt Disney Studios Park. Imagine it like three unique Good Morning Walt Disney Studios-es happening at the same time, in different lands, several times each day.
    Let’s also confirm the full list of cars that have arrived safely in Paris from Florida: Mickey and Minnie, Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Villains, The Muppets, Toy Story, Playhouse Disney, Monsters Inc and Star Wars.

Star Wars gives Walt Disney Studios Park the fffo…fforc..franchise!
    Star Wars in Paris? Yes! Though rumours suggest that Luke and Princess Leia will infact be replaced by Darth Vader, with C3PO running alongside (though latest reports say he has yet to arrive…).
    The Muppets in Paris? No! We can reveal that the plan is to turn this green and wooden car into a kind of automobile-ship for none other than Captain Jack Sparrow! This would be the Pirates of the Caribbean stars’ first ever daily Disney parade appearance — albeit as part of an “event”, not a “parade”, we must remember…

Muppets no more — welcome Jack Sparrow to the Studios!
    In addition, a rumour we left out of our previous article might now have a little more truth, considering the new resident we’re spotting on Hollywood Boulevard each day. One of the cars in the parade will feature Cruella De Vil — which one? Most likely Florida’s original Villains car transformed, though some rumours did suggest the car from outside Studio Tram Tour could be brought into working order… She will get her way and arrive as part of the ‘Event’, either way.
    So, the only cars not to appear in Paris are the Power Rangers and Grand Marshall (a car for guests to appear on) units. But will we see ALL the cars that have arrived out in the park next year? Maybe not… we’ll have to wait and see.

Watch out Hades — Cruella is coming…
    Added to the mix and redecorated, if early plans go ahead, would be the old Cinema Parade Van, now running as part of this year’s cut-down Good Morning Walt Disney Studios, and the Toon Car, currently running in the pre-parade of Disney’s Once Upon a Dream Parade. Only four cars for each of the three spots were marked out in the original plans.
    The three spots envisaged for the Stars ‘n’ Cars to arrive and stop for the meet ‘n’ greets are: Backlot (outside Moteurs… Action!), Hollywood Boulevard (where Cruella currently stops in her regular Cadillac) and Toon Studio (the area between Animagique and Cars).
    Now, 760 words and plenty of revelations later — how’s that new name settling in? Don’t worry, we’ve still got many more months to get used to it before April 2009…
    Disneyland Resort Paris x3
    counter - to much !

She came to a few rehearsals, but Steve Davison was the Creative Director. He oversees all the Parades and Spectaculars. Steve brought in Fred Tallaksen to be the Show Director for the project.

After the downsizing of BPB, Marilyn moved over to freshen up the Atmosphere Talent (which is her true passion), and then moved up to Glendale to work under Annie Hamburger as the global head of Atmosphere entertainment (like Steve Davison, but overseeing Atmosphere).
    I used to work for WDAJ out in Japan and Marilyn is the liaison to a new group called Products and Services. It is supposed to work on synergy products like High School Musical. It is run out of Florida by some business development folks.

Marilyn did also work extensively on BPB - Steven just oversaw it. Same for Pixar Play! too. Steven was just too busy on Jubilation! to get heavily involved for PPP. He was doing Remember... and Parade of Dreams for the 50th when BPB was being worked on so he just didn't have the capacity to take on another parade. From what I saw Marilyn is pretty talented at this bubblegum-colored character stuff.

However they did try to force HSM down OLC's throats which was funny to watch as they just didn't get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12