• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Jolly Trolley now just a photo Op ?

Now I remember this took you around toontown and in March 08, I saw the Jolly Trolley was stationary on the track and people were climbing on it and taking pics.

Is or was there a certain reason the trolley is not being used anymore in Toontown?and has the trolley been shut down longer than 4 months?

• potterday.org

Re: Jolly Trolley now just a photo Op ?

I'm sure someone will come along with a cause or cover story for why it has been parked permanantly, but to my recollection it has been shut down for much longer than four months. It seems like it's been at least a year.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

I think you'll find that the electric charging/transfer system on the Trolley is version 1.0 of the system powering the submarines. Namely, inductive transfer.

It has never worked well on the Trolley, and TDA has been unsuccessful in gaining funds on any budget to fix it, rather than band-aid it.

When you think of it, the idea of a rail vehicle moving around the tight confines of Toon Town, with little tykes underfoot (underwheel?) everywhere, was never very bright in the first place!

Regards;

KotF

•   
    • My liver hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Frogs View Post
    When you think of it, the idea of a rail vehicle moving around the tight confines of Toon Town, with little tykes underfoot (underwheel?) everywhere, was never very bright in the first place!

Regards;

KotF
    I agree wholeheartedly with this one!!! I would always worry about the fact that some children are just running around ToonTown and not really worried about the jolly trolley winding its way down the track!!! Either way ToonTown really isn't that big of a walk to go through so I really didn't see the point of the trolley to begin with!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Frogs View Post

Regards;

KotF
    Sadly this same mentality may be applied to the trolley system in DCA, as Disney caters to individuals (by which I mean adults and parents) too stupid to move out of the way of an oncoming trolley. They don't even move for the horse carts, or the MS Vehicles... why would a trolley be any different?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Has anyone been hit by the Jolley Trolley? Just wondering.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    Has anyone been hit by the Jolley Trolley? Just wondering.
    LoL! I don't think anyone on MiceChat is that stupid.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Sadly this same mentality may be applied to the trolley system in DCA, as Disney caters to individuals (by which I mean adults and parents) too stupid to move out of the way of an oncoming trolley. They don't even move for the horse carts, or the MS Vehicles... why would a trolley be any different?
    yeah, it is sad. When I have seen the Jolly Trolly in motion, it was fun to see, with the unusual uneven bobbing motion that it had. They did clang the bell and even yelled for people to get out of the way, but in the small stroller crowded street of Toontown, people were constantly "on the track". At least on Main Street, even with it's heavier traffic, there is a lot more room on either side, to get out of the way.

• The line's too long...

Main St. is a clear thoroughfare, you rarely see kids just playing around in the street as the traffic, including vehicles and people, is clearly heading either up or down the street. In Toontown, people are moving every which way since there is stuff to see and do in every direction. With all the kids horsing around in a very small place, the Jolley Trolley was never a very good idea in the first place and an accident waiting to happen. Why they're spending all this money on it in DCA is completely beyond me. I'd much rather see the Carthay Theatre used, rather than an empty shell, to tell the Walt Disney story or somesuch.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Main St. is a clear thoroughfare, you rarely see kids just playing around in the street as the traffic, including vehicles and people, is clearly heading either up or down the street. In Toontown, people are moving every which way since there is stuff to see and do in every direction. With all the kids horsing around in a very small place, the Jolley Trolley was never a very good idea in the first place and an accident waiting to happen.
    Actually in the mornings adults and kids are usually darting in and out of the various stores on Main Street. Also kids love to play on the tracks. The one memory that is beyond me is an individual in an ECV that waved to the honking Omnibus behind them to go around! I physically felt my hope for humanity nosedive as I stared at this strange situation unfolding.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The one memory that is beyond me is an individual in an ECV that waved to the honking Omnibus behind them to go around!

I'm sorry, that level of clueless is just funny.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

thanks for the info.