Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Defeats the Huns

Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

srry. i should've explained..

Show Support will be taking the floats down to Town Square in the morning, before the park opens, parking the floats down in that staging area. The Parade of Dreams will have their parade starting from Town Square, heading up to Small World. Then Christmas Fantasy will come down from Small World for 1st parade, and then go back up for 2nd parade.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by CherryGodmother
    I'll be on Indiana Jones while everyone else is crowding along the sidewalks!

LOL! Word!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    (didn't we learn this on mr. wizard with the fox the chicken and the seed or something? )
    oh, you bring the chicken BACK .........

Teaching people how to think "outside the box" can be difficult, if not downright impossible ......

I sometimes wonder if Paul Pressler was stuck "in the box", which is not good for such an "outside the box" place like Disneyland ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Does Disneyland do the Mickey's Very MErry Christmas Party?

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    This doesn't make sense!!!!!

The Main Street backstage area doesn't have enough room for two sets of floats....

They are going to have to offer two parades of the "first" parade of the day just to get the floats back to the iasw/TDA area.....

No need to get so excited. It's still August, an the plans most likely are not even set in stone yet. But yes, as General Shang explained, there is a way for them to make 3 or 4 parades a day work, if they wanted.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    Does Disneyland do the Mickey's Very MErry Christmas Party?
    Nope, not that I've heard of. DL doesn't do the Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party either, although this year they are doing something over at DCA, but I don't believe it's to the same extent as the WDW events.

It would not be a problem in DCA. It would get more people into DCA. There is more space due to lack of people. Maby all the porades should be in DCA. There is just enough to keep people buisy between porades, and if there is only one porade that people want to see thay can come over from DL for it and go back.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Alas, the second way wouldn't work, due to the fact there is limited space for the floats in the staging area behind the Opera House on Main Street.

You would have to have the floats go back to the area near TDA before you could have a second parade start.
    We actually could fit 2 parades back there. When POD is back there between 4-7 every afternoon there is still a good deal of room. The X-Mas parade will also take up half the space as the floats are small, even with the new finale float they built. Yes you heard me ;-)

I would like to see X-Mas parade at 1pm and 5pm and PoD at 3pm and 7:30pm.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

new finale float? bring back the awesome glockenspeil girls too!

• Mice Chat Newbie

I'll be there in December! Please tell me I'll be able to see the Remember...Dreams Come True show!!! As much as I love the Holiday themed fireworks I am biting at the bit to see Dreams Come True! (Is it out on CD yet?)

Yes, you will be able to experience "Remember, Dreams Come True" on your visit to the Resort. The Holiday fireworks show, "Believe... in Holiday Magic" will not be shown during 2005. There will be "snowfall" on Main Street after Remember.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    We actually could fit 2 parades back there. When POD is back there between 4-7 every afternoon there is still a good deal of room. The X-Mas parade will also take up half the space as the floats are small, even with the new finale float they built. Yes you heard me ;-)
    Umm, no. Maybe the TDA executives think you can do that, but ask anyone who actually parks the floats back there and they will tell you 'NO'. The floats from 'A Christmas Fantasy' and 'Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams' WILL NOT all fit back behind Main Street. It's tight enough back there with just the POD floats. Remember that they cannot block the pathway back there which serves as emergency access. And you can't park the floats any tighter due to the fact that you need to load/unload performers and get the floats out in a specific order. And don't forget that the long floats with trailer units cannot backup, and several floats cannot make sharp turns.

• Rat Patootie

So it will be interesting to see how they schedule the parades at DL for the Christmas season.... AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).
    I havn't read through the thread...I'm late for work ...hehe...anyway...CMs that have GC are just going to love having four parades...wow...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk
    Umm, no. Maybe the TDA executives think you can do that, but ask anyone who actually parks the floats back there and they will tell you 'NO'. The floats from 'A Christmas Fantasy' and 'Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams' WILL NOT all fit back behind Main Street. It's tight enough back there with just the POD floats. Remember that they cannot block the pathway back there which serves as emergency access. And you can't park the floats any tighter due to the fact that you need to load/unload performers and get the floats out in a specific order. And don't forget that the long floats with trailer units cannot backup, and several floats cannot make sharp turns.
    The X-mas floats could take up parking over by character costuming or on the border of Space or any of the area that they had all the special media trucks on May 5th or July 17th. Remember it would only be for 6 weeks. It could, and most likely will be done.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Creative Director

I have always wondered, is there a reason why The Christmas Fantasy Parade can't start its run around the beginning of november, instead of around Thanksgiving.

disneyland has been starting the christmas transition at the beginning of november for the past couple years, and always wondered why the parade can't start a few weeks sooner.

anyone in the dept. know why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast