Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

Well, with the November and December hours of operation now released, it is clear that DCA will not host the Christmas Parade or other traditional Disneyland events with its normal 6 PM closing on weekdays.

So it will be interesting to see how they schedule the parades at DL for the Christmas season.... AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Reaver of Souls

Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

All I can say is that without the Christmas fireworks, I won't be in the park that often over the Holidays. We used to go once or twice a week...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).
    Ah yes, a return to the way Disneyland was 10 years ago. Now if we could only get the Main Street Electrical Parade back, we'd be at the same level of entertainment we were at in 1995.

I still remember a joke from The Simpsons long long ago, they were visiting "Itchy and Scratchy Land", a clear take on Disneyland and they were watching an Electrical Parade style parade when Homer says, "C'mon guys, if we miss the 12:00 parade we'll have to wait for the 12:15 parade." I don't think today's kids would get the reference but Disneyland really did used to have a parade starting every couple hours back then.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

it's certainly doable...just have the PoD at 11 am and 1 pm and then Christmas Fantasy at 3 and 7 pm. The only way it would cause a mess is if they started having parades in closer to the time of Remember. Another option would be to have the PoD at 11 am and 3 pm and Christmas Fantasy at 1 and 7 pm...I actually kinda like that way better.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    it's certainly doable...just have the PoD at 11 am and 1 pm and then Christmas Fantasy at 3 and 7 pm. The only way it would cause a mess is if they started having parades in closer to the time of Remember. Another option would be to have the PoD at 11 am and 3 pm and Christmas Fantasy at 1 and 7 pm...I actually kinda like that way better.

Alas, the second way wouldn't work, due to the fact there is limited space for the floats in the staging area behind the Opera House on Main Street.

You would have to have the floats go back to the area near TDA before you could have a second parade start.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Ah yes, a return to the way Disneyland was 10 years ago. Now if we could only get the Main Street Electrical Parade back, we'd be at the same level of entertainment we were at in 1995.

I still remember a joke from The Simpsons long long ago, they were visiting "Itchy and Scratchy Land", a clear take on Disneyland and they were watching an Electrical Parade style parade when Homer says, "C'mon guys, if we miss the 12:00 parade we'll have to wait for the 12:15 parade." I don't think today's kids would get the reference but Disneyland really did used to have a parade starting every couple hours back then.
    maybe but too many parades can get annoying for those of us who like crossing the park back and forth to see everything

I was thinking that spreading out the offerings would make it easier to balance out a multiday stay at the resort

oh well I suppose

I just hope they manage to balance these offerings right

I also hope that they find more ways to add more to the resort in general as time goes on (I really enjoy staying multiple days since I can only go once a year)

• Defeats the Huns

The last I heard:

on said "one-parade days" during this time (Mon-Thurs in November), it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 1 Christmas Fantasy Parade at night.

on said "two-parade days" (Fri-Sun, and then daily starting 3rd week of December or so) it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 2 Christmas Fantasy parades at night.

But yea, it MAY still be the FOUR parade idea. still up in the air.

what about the Electrical Parade ? it will be down for Xmas or not ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Up is Down

the electrical parade will be down from what I have heard
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The last I heard:

on said "one-parade days" during this time (Mon-Thurs in November), it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 1 Christmas Fantasy Parade at night.

on said "two-parade days" (Fri-Sun, and then daily starting 3rd week of December or so) it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 2 Christmas Fantasy parades at night.
    Bummer. I was really hoping that the PoD would be at nighttime- from what I've seen in videos, the lighting seems fantastic, and if it is during the day we will miss that.

• Lowering Expectations

That's just what I was thinking. PoD is much better in the evening/night. I especially like the lighting on the first and last floats, in the windows of the Main Street station (color wheel) and the castle (flicker).
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The last I heard:

But yea, it MAY still be the FOUR parade idea. still up in the air.
    This doesn't make sense!!!!!

The Main Street backstage area doesn't have enough room for two sets of floats....

They are going to have to offer two parades of the "first" parade of the day just to get the floats back to the iasw/TDA area.....

• Shubisha

Or a parade could start from main street -> iasw, then a different parade from iasw-> main street, then again main street -> iasw, then the first parade iasw-> main street.

and on the 3 parade days it could just be 1 from main street -> iasw, different one from iasw -> main street and then main street -> iasw and they could reset the first one to main street after hours

(didn't we learn this on mr. wizard with the fox the chicken and the seed or something? )

• Where's my dang wand?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Geez, how much of a Scrooge am I? I hate parades...even Disney ones! I'll be on Indiana Jones while everyone else is crowding along the sidewalks!

Unless of course, it's closed for refurbishing the week we're going. Guess I'd better go see if that schedule is out!

Gee, I guess that means Disneyland will not be having any type of Christmas stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre! DARN!!!

If I'm lucky, maybe they'll have a Christmas stage show (somewhere) over at DCA. Like maybe where DUH is now. Bring back Minnie's Christmas Party over there, that would be great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast