remember to fantasmic!

do any of u guyz have any tips on the best way to watch remember from in front of the castle then get to fantasmic?
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Re: remember to fantasmic!

We did that last night and it was an event to say the least. My advice to you is do not follow the crowd - look for an opening and go for it. We just got into the seating section in front of POTC... but it was hard to get there and I would prob not do it again.

• =)

Shhhh! This is a secret...to bypass the bottleneck of people leaving the hub, take the shortcut to Frontierland through Carnation Plaza, where musical groups often perform. You'll totally get past the worst of it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I actually did do this, during the week after the anniversary, and I did follow the crowd. I ended up standing behind the people who were seated, right in the center, and right in front of POTC. It is a little bit of a wait, but I would rather be standing, than sitting on the hard ground. Great view of Fantasmic, and then I walked right on Pirates after. Great night for me. Only drawback, was I was alone. My traveling party had headed back to the hotel after the Electrical Parade at DCA. So I actually saw the Electrical Parade at DCA, inched my way down MainStrret, to a good spot on the right side of Main Street, behind a tree, but still able to see the castle and some of the Matterhorn,so the fireworks were awesome, and then saw Fantasmic in front of POTC. Like to brag about that accomplishment. If this newbie has managed this, I am sure you Disneyland vets have better strategies.

• OM NOM NOM

Watching both requires some coordination with Guest Control. Several hours before Remember, ask a Parade CM or a Fantasmic! CM who is near the Frontierland bridge how close you can stand to the bridge without being moved. Take the area they give you.

When Remember is in its last throes, pack up: be ready to move after the final shells. When the daylight shells are launched at the end of the finale, move as quickly as possible into Frontierland. You WILL be stopped just short of the Mark Twain dock. Do not panic; this is so 9:00 Fantasmic! crowds that watched Remember can disperse. When you are allowed to enter, make your way very briskly to the viewing areas.

Mind you, this info is for 9:25 Remember - 10:30 Fantasmic!, so it might not work very well if times are changed.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Run Forrest Run!!!!

• Minion

me and matt usually get to the castle at about 8 or so and sit right in front to get a good view of the fireworks . . . once they end we slowly go through the carnatin plaza and into fronteirland . . . once we get there we make our way over to right behind the first lighting tower (those big huge mosterous things with all the lights) they have them all the way down on the ground so people thnk they can't see, but about 20 minutes before show time they raise them to about 20-30 feet and you have a perfect view because nobody is in front of you