Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

DLR "Law Breakers"? Do you do something?

I was wondering......when you're at Disneyland Resort and you see someone who is clearly breaking the 'DLR Laws' - do you say something to them - in the even that a CM hasn't seen them yet? Like, for instance....some kid speeds by you on Heely's...those shoes with a roller on the heel......do you tell them to stop or inform their parent that it's against the rules....or you wait for them to crash into someone? Or you see someone throwing things from a ride........do you say something?

What's your take on this? Ever been a volunteer enforcer of the DLR "Laws"?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: DLR "Law Breakers"? Do you do something?

If im with a whole group that has a problem with it, we all say something...thats just how my family is. If theres a CM near by, thats the best person to consult. Rarely would i take matters into my own hands

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    If im with a whole group that has a problem with it, we all say something...thats just how my family is. If theres a CM near by, thats the best person to consult. Rarely would i take matters into my own hands
    Good answer.....I agree......just wondering what everyone else would do.

• Closed Account

I'm not a big fan of reprimanding other people's kids, or other people in general, so if there was a CM nearby and the rule breaking was dangerous, I would tell the CM. If I saw no CM nearby and someone was in grave and immediate danger (standing up on a ride, throwing a baby into the Rivers of America), then of course I would say something.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    I'm not a big fan of reprimanding other people's kids, or other people in general, so if there was a CM nearby and the rule breaking was dangerous, I would tell the CM. If I saw no CM nearby and someone was in grave and immediate danger (standing up on a ride, throwing a baby into the Rivers of America), then of course I would say something.
    I don't know that I necessarily mean to reprimand kids.....that's not what I meant. But if you see someone that is clearly out of line - littering or defacing DLR property....or on their Heely's and running off of the 'road' so to speak. Do you just blurt something out or take it to a CM or what???

Reprimanding would be to be actually stopping them, and even punishing them...which is not what I am referring to.

• Closed Account

I guess in any case I would let a CM know. I just wouldn't be comfortable doing it myself.
    I had to ask myself this question a lot when I used to work at an Ice Rink, but I also skated there in my off time. After a while I decided just to offer help to people like I would if I was working, but not to inform people of the rules. Some things are just more effective if you're wearing a uniform.

I have spoken to CMs to ask them to relocate an errant smoker or two, but in general I am not interested in getting involved in other peoples habits. If it were dangerous to myself or others I guess I'd have to do something, but in the many years of going to the Park I cannot think of an instance where I witnessed anything that I felt required intervention.
    Are those 'heelies' forbidden at D'land? Those things are obnoxious to the max.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

we should melt heelies down to make rubber for monorail tires

SUPPORT THE CMs

• Banned User

If I were a CM I would say something no matter what, but for me it just depends on the degree of the offense. Defacing property is different from rolling around on Heelys, and throwing a candy wrapper on the ground is different from throwing a cup on the ground. Aside from just speaking out or telling a CM, what am I supposed to do anyways though? Whip out an AP and say "You're under arrest sucka!"?

• Showus your Larboard side

I have directed smokers (think Waterworld) to the smoking only locations and informed them that Disneyland is a non-smoking park.
    I have also picked up a popcorn container and tapped the person on the shoulder who dropped it on the ground and asked them if this is yours. They mostly look at me like I'm some kind of nut case, which of course I am because I'm on this site.

Mike

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    I have directed smokers (think Waterworld) to the smoking only locations and informed them that Disneyland is a non-smoking park.

Mike
    Then congrats to you on sending a mixed message. If Disneyland were indeed a non-smoking park, there wouldn't be official smoking areas.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    I have also picked up a popcorn container and tapped the person on the shoulder who dropped it on the ground and asked them if this is yours. They mostly look at me like I'm some kind of nut case, which of course I am because I'm on this site.

Mike

Ahh see... i wish i could do that. But i just dont feel comfortable without a costume or nametag

SUPPORT THE CMs

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    I have spoken to CMs to ask them to relocate an errant smoker or two, but in general I am not interested in getting involved in other peoples habits. If it were dangerous to myself or others I guess I'd have to do something, but in the many years of going to the Park I cannot think of an instance where I witnessed anything that I felt required intervention.
    Are those 'heelies' forbidden at D'land? Those things are obnoxious to the max.
    Not wearing them, just Wheeling around on them.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I usually try not to be a vigilante, but if someone is smoking (which is my peeve), I pointedly cough, which usually sets them right.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I know kids who are far more gracefull on healies than they are in regular shoes...but rules are rules and if I were to see someone skating along in an unsafe manner I would try to bring it to someones attention lest they or someone else get hurt.

As for smokers smoking outside of designated areas.....if it's someone in line with me you bet I am going to say something and won't relent until the ember is extiguished; but if it's just someone walking by going a different direction I don't chase them down or anything...after all, I am on vacation
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast