View Poll Results: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Bring the Bear To DCA - Back To DLR Where They Belong..

105 58.99%
  • No. Have Them At Disney Resorts Other Than DLR..

10 5.62%
  • No. Scrap DL's Pooh ride, and Bring Back Them Thar Bear..

29 16.29%
  • Wipe the Country Bear Off the Face of the Earth!

17 9.55%
  • I Just Don't Care..

17 9.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Ha ha, very funny.

I think if done correctly a restaurant with the Country Bears could actually turn out nicely and not CHEESY! I'm not saying it should be a cheap eating joint with some weak stage. It could be something totally emmersive (sp?). Have the different bears at different locations throughout the restaurant. Have them hiding behind trees, fishing off of a log, etc. Then once every 30 minutes or so have a show start where they interact with each other. It could be Rainforest Café-esque.

- Joe
    Rainforest Cafe is the sort of immersively theming that would the Country Bear should put together for a new Bear show.

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    I'm not sure how to vote yet. I was gonna reach for the "get rid of Pooh and put CBJ back in Disneyland" lever and then I had to rethink it.
    That sounds so dramatic.

That said, I would love to see CBJ brought back to the Disneyland resort somewhere, but only if they can go some new direction with it. And by that I don't mean "hip and edgy" like making the bears do hip-hop or doing some script along the lines of "Tiki Room under New Management." I loved this show when I saw it first as a teenager, so I think the concept can work, but some arm-chair imagineering is in order to figure out new directions for Frontierland and Critter Country. These concepts must not have the same hold on the public imagination that they did decades ago.

This same logic applies to the many cries to bring back the PeopleMover. I too would love to see it return, but it makes no sense to bring it back in its old form. If they can do something new and forward-looking with it, that's another story.
    Agreed. When former attractions make a comeback, the technology and design should always be fresh.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    A lot of those things were ripped out of DL for really good reasons. Chief among them being that people just didn't care for them anymore.

The Country Bears had their time on the west coast, were never really well received, and closed due to poor attendance. They will never be brought back.

You might as well start a letter writing campaign to bring back the Bathroom of Tomorrow.
    They could have turned it into a dark ride instead of Pooh.
    Janette

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrLiver
    A lot of those things were ripped out of DL for really good reasons. Chief among them being that people just didn't care for them anymore.

The Country Bears had their time on the west coast, were never really well received, and closed due to poor attendance. They will never be brought back.

You might as well start a letter writing campaign to bring back the Bathroom of Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    Are you recommending that the Bathroom of Tomorrow be turned into a dark ride? Would this be a "log" ride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrLiver

Are you recommending that the Bathroom of Tomorrow be turned into a dark ride? Would this be a "log" ride.
    That would be the NEW Pooh ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    That would be the NEW Pooh ride.
    Are you referencing a new Pooh Pooh ride. Don't think that I dare climb into a honey pot.

Nevertheless, the best home for a new Country Bear theater would be the reconstructed DCA.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-14-2008 at 04:26 PM.

• Sock Puppet

scrap the pooh ride, it stinks something fierce over there... winnie the pooh is a modern day park managements lame attempt to create a dark ride, and it fails miserably. i'm not sure why little ones really need the ride, there are rides around the park and even a land for them, ie toontown they could enjoy. take them on classic rides like mr toads wild ride, peter pan, etc.

Coming in the park last tuesday I was actually shocked to see pooh had a 15 minute wait and was slightly queued up inside the main entrance area. usually when i'm jumping on it for the AC to cool off, it's walk on or the line starts just past the main control console before the entry tunnel

sadly I think the problem is there is no telling where the old parts of the former attraction remain, we've got 3 animatronics staring down at you on the pooh ride, below the pizza port is some of the old control cabinets from it, and who knows where the rest went. maybe to WDW as spare parts?

it's been deep sixed, probably on purpose to prevent it from coming back. if it did come back, it would probably cost too much and be completely different, which would probably be managements reason for not ever bringing it back, after all they can't think of a way to tie it all into a movie release...

whatever is done up there, it needs to be done. sucks having a major ride like splash mountain, and then a grade F ride you just go on to suck up 3-4 minutes of your time and cool off during the summer with...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I'm all for bringing them to DCA!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

DCA needs a classic attraction in the park. CBJ would be a great addition considering the park will be getting alot better crowds once all the contruction is done and this will draw people in aswell. DCA has more attractions that are just rides without really telling a story or bringing guests into another world. It's a little too realistic and CBJ would bring a little more fantasy and imagination into the park.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I really don't want them at DCA. In fact if they keep the original at WDW I'm fine with that. Dland made their Pooh bed now we all get to sleep in it.

• I'm not really here

You know, I'm surprised no one has said this yet: we wouldn't be missing the country bears so badly if a high-quality attraction with a lot of heart had been put in its place. That makes the loss harder. I don't hate Pooh, but it's clear that it's not half the spectacle that the Country Bear Jamboree was.
    Perfectly said RenMan!

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    Pooh is a dark ride. It's just not a great dark ride... though in all honesty, the technology used and the look and feel are pretty close to the Fantasyland Four. Flats painted in uv reactive paint, etc. And that's the problem... they tried to make a 1950's era darkride in modern times when people expected a new and cool type of attraction. Like Pooh's Honey Hunt.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• In my own neverland

There were two rumors about the revamp of DCA I was excited about and this was one of them. I LOVED this as a kid and young adult. The Vacation show does not seem to get any love on this board, but I absolutely loved it. Now that I live near WDW, I get to see the original at least (but the poor attraction is so run down).

If they brought it back but revamped it, I think it could be a really great addition to DCA. Disney has recently been focusing on uping the ante as far as technological advances in rides just to keep us interested. But, think of how Peter Pan always has a ridiculously long ride. Its a classic w/ old technology, but we always come back to it. I don't mind everything being state of the art, as long as it is entertaining. And CBJ always entertained me!

• ...my first visit to DL

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I think there are better ways for Disney to spend money instead of resurrecting a 36 year old show featuring singing AA bears. I have a feeling the majority of people visiting the resort would rather see something new and innovative.
    I don't think Pooh is either new or innovative...that's why some of us would be satisfied with 36 year old AA bears. And perhaps new and innovative could be applied to the old show to make it something that people visiting the resort would like to see. WDI could stand to advance their creative art - this would be a good way to do it.

• Mickeyfan3

I'd be willing to spend more than 1 day out of our usual 4-5 at DCA vs DLR if the bears are there...the original bears, you know "Blood on the Saddle", etc...not the stupid summer vacation one. That was horrible! I miss the bears......
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyfan3 View Post
    I'd be willing to spend more than 1 day out of our usual 4-5 at DCA vs DLR if the bears are there...the original bears, you know "Blood on the Saddle", etc...not the stupid summer vacation one. That was horrible! I miss the bears......
    When you brought up Blood In The Saddle, Mickeyfan, such hilarious and fond memories came flooding forward. I remember when my parents took my brother and I to see the Country bear Jamboree for the first time. We all bust a gut! That base singing bear seemed to be in a drunken stupor.

I'm hoping for a new show that is just as outlandish for today's standards as was the original.

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aurorarose06 View Post
    But, think of how Peter Pan always has a ridiculously long ride. Its a classic w/ old technology, but we always come back to it.
    That's just it. The ride has heart. They captured some magic and put it in a bottle. They should worry about that first, and show technology second.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast