View Poll Results: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Bring the Bear To DCA - Back To DLR Where They Belong..

105 58.99%
  • No. Have Them At Disney Resorts Other Than DLR..

10 5.62%
  • No. Scrap DL's Pooh ride, and Bring Back Them Thar Bear..

29 16.29%
  • Wipe the Country Bear Off the Face of the Earth!

17 9.55%
  • I Just Don't Care..

17 9.55%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    That's just it. The ride has heart. They captured some magic and put it in a bottle. They should worry about that first, and show technology second.
    Excellent point, RenMan.

The heart od an automobile is it's engine. Regardless of how streamlined and shiny an car, van or truck is ..it's going nowhere without a motor. Electric windows, powere steering, dvd/Digital map/television systems, and gadgets galore simply don't work without engine driven electricity. The warmth of the heart will always be a more valuable element of Disney theme park attractions than technology and special effects.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I don't think I ever did see Country Bear Jamboree as a child, and whenever I see the heads hanging in the Pooh ride I get a little sad just because I missed some magic.
    But, if some miracle happens and they bring it back, I'm good with it being put anywhere (except over the Pooh ride).

• Ignore the meager number

I never liked them that much, and they don't add anything that pops to DCA
    Yo ho!

• Golden State of Mind

it does no harm
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

im totally for CBJ to come to DCA. but thats also cause i dont remember the old one
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Minion

I adored the living daylights out of the Country Bears as a kid, and I grew up with the Vacation Hoedown show (admittedly, in retrospect, there was a lot of anachronistic and un-Country stuff in there - Beach Boys? Singin' in the Rain? - that the adult critic me would probably rip apart).

Country Bears ran for nearly 30 years at Disneyland. I can't imagine that it was just squeaking by all that time. Live shows at Disneyland only run a few years. Why shouldn't it be expected that animatronic shows will need a change of program from time to time? I don't get why they didn't at least try a new show before they tore it out. What's really bizarre is that they closed it befroe the movie came out. I mean, we all know now that the movie was a flop, but you'd think they'd at least want to wait and see if the movie was a huge success and brought in the crowds before they tore it down. Unless, they purposely made the movie bad so that people would mis-remember that the movie came first and think that's why they closed the attraction down (it worked on me, until I looked up the closing date). The real reason, I believe, is because Pooh sells more merchandise than the bears. I think that's why the ride is so character-centric, too - why many recent rides are. They don't sell plush scenery, do they?

Disney can't get mad at us for being upset that it was closed - that was the plot of their movie! Evil bad guy tries to tear down Country Bear Hall, good guys try to rescue it!

Anyway, getting back to the original question, yes, I would love to see Country Bears in Grizzly Peak Recreation Area. I think that would be a great fit - There's a bear on the CA flag, there's a giant bear-shaped mountain, the land is set in a national park where one might expect to see bears - and bring some sense of fantasy to California Adventure (And when I say "fantasy", I don't mean plopping random movies everywhere ).
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I don't think I ever did see Country Bear Jamboree as a child, and whenever I see the heads hanging in the Pooh ride I get a little sad just because I missed some magic.
    But, if some miracle happens and they bring it back, I'm good with it being put anywhere (except over the Pooh ride).
    Well, the CBJ character heads hanging in the Pooh ride were meant as a nod to the classic attraction. Unfortunately, it comes off moreso as heads that were prepared by a taxidermist and placed on display by a hunter.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Not Quite Cpt Jack View Post
    I never liked them that much, and they don't add anything that pops to DCA
    Nothing pops better than an attraction with depth of heart, and a well rounded variety show.

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    im totally for CBJ to come to DCA. but thats also cause i dont remember the old one
    Great point! Too many, a Country Bears animatronics show would be something completely new to them.

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I adored the living daylights out of the Country Bears as a kid, and I grew up with the Vacation Hoedown show (admittedly, in retrospect, there was a lot of anachronistic and un-Country stuff in there - Beach Boys? Singin' in the Rain? - that the adult critic me would probably rip apart).

Country Bears ran for nearly 30 years at Disneyland. I can't imagine that it was just squeaking by all that time. Live shows at Disneyland only run a few years. Why shouldn't it be expected that animatronic shows will need a change of program from time to time? I don't get why they didn't at least try a new show before they tore it out. What's really bizarre is that they closed it befroe the movie came out. I mean, we all know now that the movie was a flop, but you'd think they'd at least want to wait and see if the movie was a huge success and brought in the crowds before they tore it down. Unless, they purposely made the movie bad so that people would mis-remember that the movie came first and think that's why they closed the attraction down (it worked on me, until I looked up the closing date). The real reason, I believe, is because Pooh sells more merchandise than the bears. I think that's why the ride is so character-centric, too - why many recent rides are. They don't sell plush scenery, do they?

Disney can't get mad at us for being upset that it was closed - that was the plot of their movie! Evil bad guy tries to tear down Country Bear Hall, good guys try to rescue it!

Anyway, getting back to the original question, yes, I would love to see Country Bears in Grizzly Peak Recreation Area. I think that would be a great fit - There's a bear on the CA flag, there's a giant bear-shaped mountain, the land is set in a national park where one might expect to see bears - and bring some sense of fantasy to California Adventure (And when I say "fantasy", I don't mean plopping random movies everywhere ).
    I love your phrase, animagusurreal - "I enjoyed the living daylights out of the Country Bears.." ..and yes, it's a no brainer that the Grizzly Peak area is a fect location for them.

California Adventure has a spot for the Country Bear Jamboree, but they have yet to realize it. Across from Grizzly River Rapids - though I wouldn't mind if they ripped that waste of space out - just beyond the giant "Bear Left" billboard and prop airplane, and next to The Grand Californian is a chunk of land that would certainly be large enough for one theater. Sink it down into the ground like a bear cave to prevent blocking views from The Grand Californian and it would be perfect. I don't care which show they bring back. I enjoy them all. But this one has been a no-brainer since they chose to give the area a bear theme. Lead the way, Henry!

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    nyway, getting back to the original question, yes, I would love to see Country Bears in Grizzly Peak Recreation Area. I think that would be a great fit - There's a bear on the CA flag, there's a giant bear-shaped mountain, the land is set in a national park where one might expect to see bears - and bring some sense of fantasy to California Adventure (And when I say "fantasy", I don't mean plopping random movies everywhere ).
    Around the time of the movie's release, that area had a display with the movie's characters.

I've heard they put the CBJ AAs from Anaheim in storage. As of now, those figures' only shot at being reused (if they haven't already) is as replacing ones that break down in Tokyo or Orlando, or as scrap parts.

But here's my pitch. The Mineral King Ski Lodge across from GRR, in the BroBear area. The story being that the Country Bears have taken over an abandoned ski lodge. I think it'd be cool if it implemented that sort of variation ability of Indy: different songs for each act chosen at random, so you never quite see the same show twice. Definitely a new show but with lots of classic audio mixed in with it.

Marketing-wise: it's the first AA revue put into DCA, it provided Walt's last known laugh, it's the return of a DL classic (think Electrical Parade)

Financing-wise: Like with Splash Mountain, the value is far greater than the costs because of the widespread use of existing AAs.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CThaddeus View Post
    California Adventure has a spot for the Country Bear Jamboree, but they have yet to realize it. Across from Grizzly River Rapids - though I wouldn't mind if they ripped that waste of space out - just beyond the giant "Bear Left" billboard and prop airplane, and next to The Grand Californian is a chunk of land that would certainly be large enough for one theater. Sink it down into the ground like a bear cave to prevent blocking views from The Grand Californian and it would be perfect. I don't care which show they bring back. I enjoy them all. But this one has been a no-brainer since they chose to give the area a bear theme. Lead the way, Henry!
    I'm all for expanding the land area for DCA attractions. You are correct that the hotel property (you refer to) could and should be put to better use - a Bear cave is an imaginative, cool idea, CThaddeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    Around the time of the movie's release, that area had a display with the movie's characters.

I've heard they put the CBJ AAs from Anaheim in storage. As of now, those figures' only shot at being reused (if they haven't already) is as replacing ones that break down in Tokyo or Orlando, or as scrap parts.

But here's my pitch. The Mineral King Ski Lodge across from GRR, in the BroBear area. The story being that the Country Bears have taken over an abandoned ski lodge. I think it'd be cool if it implemented that sort of variation ability of Indy: different songs for each act chosen at random, so you never quite see the same show twice. Definitely a new show but with lots of classic audio mixed in with it.

Marketing-wise: it's the first AA revue put into DCA, it provided Walt's last known laugh, it's the return of a DL classic (think Electrical Parade)

Financing-wise: Like with Splash Mountain, the value is far greater than the costs because of the widespread use of existing AAs.
    Thanks for posting, Kiba. A Country Bear show themed to an abandoned ski lodge?! I it!!!

• Rear Window=Best Movie

NO! The Country Bears is a true gem @ WDW. Leave it there as the only one.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    NO! The Country Bears is a true gem @ WDW. Leave it there as the only one.
    Yes! We need our happy little gem back. Besides, it isn't nice not sharing!

• Rear Window=Best Movie

There are some things I don't share...

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    I always thought that the Country Bears would really fit in well next to GRR, maybe in the place of the brother bear play place
    Just trying to imagine it now... it would be great there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast