View Poll Results: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Bring the Bear To DCA - Back To DLR Where They Belong..

    105 58.99%
  • No. Have Them At Disney Resorts Other Than DLR..

    10 5.62%
  • No. Scrap DL's Pooh ride, and Bring Back Them Thar Bear..

    29 16.29%
  • Wipe the Country Bear Off the Face of the Earth!

    17 9.55%
  • I Just Don't Care..

    17 9.55%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 76 to 81 of 81
  1. #76

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,087

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Then how come every time that I work Pooh (5 days a week) do I get at least 50 people asking me "Is this the bear show?"
    Sure people remember the Country Bears. I don't doubt that. I hear it even got a mention in the latest Futurama DVD.

    But 50 people a day? Compared to 900 an hour riding Pooh? The Country Bears just weren't popular enough to justify their existence. That's why they were closed and replaced with something that would be more popular.

    When it comes right down to it, DLR's local audience will not support additional theater shows. As it is right now, they could probably stand to lose another theater show between HISTA and the 50th Movie. Theater shows have almost no repeat value and when your audience is visiting multiple times a year, they really suffer.

    Unless something dramatic happens to completely change the demographics of the people coming to Disneyland, the Country Bears will never return. Unless they returned as a high speed thrill ride.

  2. #77

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Sure people remember the Country Bears. I don't doubt that. I hear it even got a mention in the latest Futurama DVD.

    But 50 people a day? Compared to 900 an hour riding Pooh? The Country Bears just weren't popular enough to justify their existence. That's why they were closed and replaced with something that would be more popular.

    When it comes right down to it, DLR's local audience will not support additional theater shows. As it is right now, they could probably stand to lose another theater show between HISTA and the 50th Movie. Theater shows have almost no repeat value and when your audience is visiting multiple times a year, they really suffer.

    Unless something dramatic happens to completely change the demographics of the people coming to Disneyland, the Country Bears will never return. Unless they returned as a high speed thrill ride.
    The return of the Bears to DLR would be the dramatic happening that you have referred to. I would like to see it become a dinner show, though - or even have it become a combination show and ride.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  3. #78

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,087

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The return of the Bears to DLR would be the dramatic happening that you have referred to.
    If the bears came back, it would close again in just a couple years. The audience at DL would have to change before a bear band revival would make sense.

    Don't hold your breath for the return of the bears...

  4. #79

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,084

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    The Bears are great characters and should come back to Disneyland in some form.

    "Never confuse efficiency with a Liver complaint." - - George Banks

  5. #80

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    If the bears came back, it would close again in just a couple years. The audience at DL would have to change before a bear band revival would make sense.

    Don't hold your breath for the return of the bears...
    You're entitled to your rack and pinion ..I mean opinion.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #81

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

    Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Good thing Mr Liverlips McGrowl is never right!
    I myself am always right, except when I'm wrong.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Similar Threads

  1. Country Bear Theater?
    By FinalAdventure in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
  2. Country Bear Jamboree
    By dland_lover in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
  3. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 12:04 AM
  4. Country Bear download
    By 6packinthepark in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 07:18 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •