View Poll Results: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Bring the Bear To DCA - Back To DLR Where They Belong..

105 58.99%
  • No. Have Them At Disney Resorts Other Than DLR..

10 5.62%
  • No. Scrap DL's Pooh ride, and Bring Back Them Thar Bear..

29 16.29%
  • Wipe the Country Bear Off the Face of the Earth!

17 9.55%
  • I Just Don't Care..

17 9.55%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

A one month rehab for Counry Bears is listed on the WDW website. It will take place this year from 9/28 thru 10/31. This demonstrates that Disney desires to keep the franchise alive.

In consideration of past ramblings that the Country Bears might find themselves a new home at DCA, who among you would like to see this happen? Who wants to see these unbearably cool critters get to jamming at the Disneyland Resort once again?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-15-2008 at 08:07 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Reconstructed DCA: Do You Want the Country Bear There?

I'm there!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I'm there!

There! There! I hear ya, sailerm!

The Counry Bear would add a beloved familiar attraction to DCA - one that little kids, teens, mom and dad, and even grandpa and grandma could find great pleasure in, together.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Addicted to MC since '08

But, if it were to go to DCA, it would probably be located in the Golden State, right?.I'm all in favor of ripping out the RCCT, for the Country Bears!

• Reader - Rare Poster

I’d like to see the Country Bears make a comeback but don’t want to rip pooh out to do it.

DCA could still use more attractions so perhaps a revamped CBJ would be welcomed by others, too!

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Thats a good idea for what to do with the DCA space, gut it out (ok maybe keep tower of terror, bugs life, soarin and resurrect all the cool rides that fans love that were ripped out of DL for no good reason...

Country bears
    Mine train ride thru natures wonderland
    Id say swiss family treehouse but they should really toss tarzan off his branch and put the swiss familly back!
    Innerspace Yeah!
    Carousel of progress AND American sings (theres plenty o room at DCA)
    peoplemover
    Mission to mars or moon or whatever somewhere in space
    Rocket jets up high and scary again
    The sky baskets!
    A working monorail ... oops or a monorail station
    Tahitian terrace with belly dancers have male dancers too if its TOO sexist for the PC crowd tho this should go back next to the tiki room
    AND ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck why not put back in blunder removals at other parks too like WDW 20,000 leagues under the sea sub ride

In fact I wouldnt mind DCA being ripped out and made into a Californa Disney Seas ala Jules Verne, just remake the bear mountain into a volcano put in Journey to the center of the earth (the new 3D movie is great btw) and 20k Leagues into the lagoon that is not used at all and ouila a new park that people ACTUALLY WANT to go to....

call the "new" park Disney Land of Dreams

I know id go and alot more often than I do to DCA in any incarnation they can think up!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

You have to watch those rehabs of beloved older rides tho a rehab can turn into an excuse to scrap it all together, sneaky disney co thinks being shut down for a while for a rehab will soften the outrage at ripping something out they shouldnt.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Thats a good idea for what to do with the DCA space, gut it out (ok maybe keep tower of terror, bugs life, soarin and resurrect all the cool rides that fans love that were ripped out of DL for no good reason...
    A lot of those things were ripped out of DL for really good reasons. Chief among them being that people just didn't care for them anymore.

The Country Bears had their time on the west coast, were never really well received, and closed due to poor attendance. They will never be brought back.

You might as well start a letter writing campaign to bring back the Bathroom of Tomorrow.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I would like to see the Country Bear Jamboree brought back to The Disneyland Resort. I think it would make a great addition to California Adventure (if not properly that is). Do I believe it should be the same show or of the same size as the former? No. I think having them attached to a restaurant or as part of another attraction could work well.

- Joe

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    No. I think having them attached to a restaurant or as part of another attraction could work well.
    Maybe that could work. They could build a small stage inside a pizza restaurant for the bears to perform on. If that doesn't help draw in the crowds maybe they can build a small little arcade in there too that dispenses tickets that Disneyland guests can trade in for plastic mustaches, rulers, and pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Maybe that could work. They could build a small stage inside a pizza restaurant for the bears to perform on. If that doesn't help draw in the crowds maybe they can build a small little arcade in there too that dispenses tickets that Disneyland guests can trade in for plastic mustaches, rulers, and pencils.
    Ha ha, very funny.

I think if done correctly a restaurant with the Country Bears could actually turn out nicely and not CHEESY! I'm not saying it should be a cheap eating joint with some weak stage. It could be something totally emmersive (sp?). Have the different bears at different locations throughout the restaurant. Have them hiding behind trees, fishing off of a log, etc. Then once every 30 minutes or so have a show start where they interact with each other. It could be Rainforest Café-esque.

- Joe

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Ha ha, very funny.

I think if done correctly a restaurant with the Country Bears could actually turn out nicely and not CHEESY! I'm not saying it should be a cheap eating joint with some weak stage. It could be something totally emmersive (sp?). Have the different bears at different locations throughout the restaurant. Have them hiding behind trees, fishing off of a log, etc. Then once every 30 minutes or so have a show start where they interact with each other. It could be Rainforest Café-esque.

- Joe
    Would it be similar to the restaurant in the MG's Tomorrowland (I think Starlight Ray's Cafe, can't remember completely) with Starlight Ray being a Country bear, and multiple bears along the edges of the dining area?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Would it be similar to the restaurant in the MG's Tomorrowland (I think Starlight Ray's Cafe, can't remember completely) with Starlight Ray being a Country bear, and multiple bears along the edges of the dining area?
    To be honest I've never been to Starlight Ray's Cafe so I can't say. Sorry. If what I described is similar to what you said then I would say sure.

- Joe

• Progressive Disneylander

Never would even be too soon.

I liked the County Bears when I was a little kid, but they became uninteresting to me when I got a little older. Personally, I have no interest in seeing them come back (although I always did like those three guys on the wall).

At the Magic Kingdom, they rarely are ambitious about putting in new attractions so for them to be rehabing the Bears really doesn't come as a surprise to me. Unless they have other plans for the building, they can't just let the attraction grind to a halt. I don't read anything more into it than that.

IMO, DCA should feature new attractions and not be the place to rehash its older sister's mediocre attractions.

• Picturing the Magic

I always thought that the Country Bears would really fit in well next to GRR, maybe in the place of the brother bear play place

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast