Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line Jumpers...

• Can Only Wish For More!

Talking Line Jumpers...

I was at Six Flags on Saturday and noticed that at every ride, you receive a "Boarding Pass". Right before boarding, you turn in your pass and you are allowed to ride. Now, while in line, I noticed few people cutting in line, and after waiting 90 minutes for the ride, the ones who did cut were kicked out.

My question is, why can't Disney do something similar? It would prevent line jumpers and I, personally, would love to have a boarding pass to get on the Jungle Cruise or Indy. It would help on the cutters and prevent others from getting upset.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• :)

Re: Line Jumpers...

Because if a guest we're to loose it while in line they wouldn't be able to kick guests out, there's a higher standard and Disney is supposed to "Trust" their guests.

• no flash photography...

magic mountain also does not have the employee to tell you what row to get into. The guests have to do that themselves....maybe that is why they have a boarding pass.

• Defying gravity

How exactly does this work? Every single guest gets a boarding pass?

• Goofy

Even at knott's you can pick a number or a row.

• "I Break Things"

People can't remember where they put their ticket to get a fastpass. Then they can't remember where they put their fastpass that they just showed the CM a few moments ago. While in theory this is a great idea, in all honesty I can see a lot of passes being lost.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Goofy

mayhem lol.

• Banned User

Deleted.
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 07-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.

• Senior Monorail Minion

No, a boarding pass is simple. A CM or employee hands you a piece of paper like a single rider ticket when you join the queue. Simple enough? you walk down to the loading dock, and hand the CM there the boarding pass. You then get on the ride. If you want to ride again, just get back in line at the front. There is no limit.

This would work great for Indy because of the rope gate in the tunnell where people cut all the time. I always thought they should use more of the bamboo and some stalagtites down the middle to add themeing and keep cutters out. Also very helpful on the Matterhorn.

Someone will say space, but I disagree. This is because everyone goes up the same ramp, so you can cut at the top and will have a boarding pass already, defeating the purpose. The only other way in without the main enterance is if you keep going down the exit hallway you eventually run into the queue again. If no one's there, you're in. However, most of the time someones in line.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    No, a boarding pass is simple. A CM or employee hands you a piece of paper like a single rider ticket when you join the queue. Simple enough? you walk down to the loading dock, and hand the CM there the boarding pass. You then get on the ride. If you want to ride again, just get back in line at the front. There is no limit.
    This sounds very simple. However people continually loose their Fastpass in the 5 minutes between showing the CM at Validator, and walking up to the CM collecting it at Merge.

This would work great for Indy because of the rope gate in the tunnell where people cut all the time. I always thought they should use more of the bamboo and some stalagtites down the middle to add themeing and keep cutters out.
    If you look to your left and your right at that specific point you will notice large wooden doors. This is the main access route to get to Jungle after hours and is used to get large things in/out of the JC. As cool as it would look, I do not think it would be logistically possible to do. The poles and net in that area are designed to be removed quickly and easily specifically because it is a high traffic area after hours.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Because if a guest we're to loose it while in line they wouldn't be able to kick guests out, there's a higher standard and Disney is supposed to "Trust" their guests.
    True, I did forget about that. That's why bills with a higher denomination don't get looked at when paying.
    - March 1, 2006

- me too!

• Down Pluto!

... should be shot on site. At least captured, tagged and sterilized to keep them out of the gene pool.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I still think that to prevent (or stop) line jumping is to use cattle prods.

anyone caught line jumping, (or attempting to ), ......ZZZZZZAAAAP!!!!!!!!!

plus, another reason why this idea wouldnt work, is a boarding pass would limit how many times that a guest could go on the attraction and that in it self would defeat the purpose of buying a passport, park hopper, and/or annual pass, all of which guarantee the unlimited use of all attractions except arcades.

let me repeat that one part because it sounds vaguely important:::::

unlimited use meaning anytime the guest wants to.

not only that, but if I pay to get into the park and I am told that I can only go onto a ride x amount of times, well, I would be pissed.

we'd might as well go back to the ticket books.
    No limit to how many times you can ride. The passes are just to make sure people don't cut in line. I loved the fact that people were getting to the front of the line and being turned away. I would love to see that at DLR only because I am tired of people pushing me to meet their party at the front of the line. I didn't see that happen once at Six Flags! It was great!
    - March 1, 2006

- me too!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

What I noticed at six Flags is that people would leave their parties in line to use the restroom or something and when they returned, they show the person gaurding the gate and will be let back into the line. The pass also states if they leave the line for any reason, they will lose their place and have to wait in line again.

• Minion

You have to remember that Six Flags and Disneyland cater to two different groups of people. I'm all for this system at Six Flags since most guests there are young and perhaps its to keep fights from breaking out (which I've seen plenty of at the park.) Guests at Disneyland are usually traveling with younger children who may have to go to the bathroom and must get out of the line temporarily and rejoin the party later.
    Jeff Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast