Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

What's up with Indy?

I haven't been frequenting the Disneyland board too much later, and I was wondering how Indy was doing. Is is still often running at only half capacity? What condition is the ride generally in? How much does it break down? Any word on when the refurb will start?

• =)

Re: What's up with Indy?

I can't say how it's doing in terms of consistency, since I don't go every week or anything. But I do know that I've gone about six times in the last year, and I was able to ride Indy at least once each time. Only one of those rides was a crushing disappointment. (Pun intended, ironically, since the attraction culminated in the rolling boulder chamber...minus the boulder. ) The rest of the ridethroughs--and there was an average of about two per visit--were spectacular. And I am rather detail-oriented. Little glitches here and there, but rarely were they anything that impacted the quality of the show in any real way.

That being said, Indy could use some TLC. The hard part is deciding when to do it, since it's just such an immensely (and deservedly) popular attraction. Maybe Disney will spruce it up in the off season, after the Summer of Hidden Mysteries thing dies down.

• "I Break Things"

From what I was told it was in pretty bad shape. I am not sure how it is now. The times I have been there have been hit or miss, but I don't keep track. My little ones are too small to ride, and they don't have an SRL anymore so the wait isn't worth it for us.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

I don't purport to go often enough to actually know, but from what I read on here it definitely seems like Indy needs a good thorough going over. Hopefully they will take it down once the summer winds down and can get it back up in tip-top shape before the holiday crunch starts up.

That being said, I hope they wait till after our trip

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• In my own neverland

I just hope it holds out thru August when I go to DL. It is my favorite ride that Disney has ever created and I haven't been to DL in over a year, so i miss it!!! It's the first thing I ride every time I get to the park. But I think it is definitely overdue for a big refurb!

• =)

I know, ain't it amazing, aurorarose06? It truly does combine many of the best attributes of dark rides and thrill rides. Calling it "Indiana Jones Adventure" does make sense, since that's exactly what it is. An adventure. It feels less like a ride than perhaps any other attraction in the park. (Not trying to say it's necessarily the best, bar none, but it's among the best.)

Well, let's see; in the four days we were there in late June, the ride was down twice, but then re-opened within an hour or so each time. I had forgotten what a great ride this is; so much better than the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom.
    "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

• Banned User

They must be working on it most every night, after the park closes, just to keep it limping throughout the summer. I figure the second the kids go back to school, Indy is going down for the refurb.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Seemed fine when Dan, Sparky and I went on. Sparky said the audio was a little oof, but I didn't notice. Also it seemed we were a little closer to the other jeep then normal so the audio shut off for a second when we got into the boulder room, but everything seemed fine!

• Banned User

I remember when it was really out of it a few years ago, I think in '06. The cobra was broken, and it was like the jeeps weren't really as rough as they should have been.

• Sock Puppet

typical radio chatter usually mentions stuff like "zone XX timeout" etc. not too sure what that fully means, probably running too slow and not making zones?

from a custodial perspective, it's a nightmare to clean. all the violence from the vehicles throws hydraulic oil everywhere and also the tires leave alot of tread on the painted concrete/metal plates that has to be scraped off every night plus chunks of tread picked up... it coats the track like a carpet.

those frames are definitely sturdy, it's got heavy duty disk brakes and various other controls. looks like a heavy duty truck chassis

there is one of the snakes (probably the broken one?) tarped and back stage, it's near the exit doors for the rotunda? I think it's called. has the setup in it for the guy trying to bring trinkets up when you pull on the rope....

sadly, i'm wondering if it's going to take a BTMRR scale of death to actually get it taken down. maintenance almost got lucky (heh heh, I know, sounds bad, but sadly it's what it takes) when one of them came uncoupled off the track system and smashed into a wall a while back, but it was hastily repaired and dumped back into operation, still breaking down....

park operations never learns....

• Nill

I rode Indy 5 times last night, and the last 4 times were between 11pm and 12am. The external effects seemed to all be in operation, which is awesome. I remember the last time I went a few months ago the Chamber of Destiny wasn't operating, and the doors were stuck open. But last night it was running great.

Certain EMVs still have their problems. If my memory serves me correct, number 13 was having issues with the hydraulic actuators and the universal joints which bind them to the body. It seemed as if they needed some greasing/oiling up, because they were making very strong "creaking/rubbing" sounds. Another EMV was having issues with the auxillary jeep sounds, like the turning over for the engine, when it "stalls" in the dark section. It was just silent, well silent except for the sounds of the hydraulic tanks releasing pressure.

Since you're in custodial and work on Indy, I thought I'd let you know that I love the ladder in the rat caves....its a nice addition, haha. Good going maintenance, haha.

Anyways, Indy was great last night. ALOT better than I have seen it in the past, so Kudos to maintenance, custodial, and any other Indy CMs.

If you were working Indy last night, and are reading this post, then you should know who I am.....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    Since you're in custodial and work on Indy, I thought I'd let you know that I love the ladder in the rat caves....its a nice addition, haha. Good going maintenance, haha.
    lol I remember seeing that ladder there years ago...

• Future Indy Castmember

I rode Indy 8 times last Sat. Ride is in working conditon at 95%. I think it's the jeeps that need the refurb. The Maintenence guys are doing well with the ride itself though. The Mara Eyes are not blowing out smoke on both eyes (some reason this doesn't bother me). Snake still has the tounge out (I assume it's not suppose to stick out unless it strikes). Certain jeeps are having audio problems. The rope you pull at Rotunda needs to be replaced ASAP. Spike pole looks like it needs to be replaced again. Rat projection is working (Will someone turn off that purple light in that room). Boulder room a-ok. Indy AA's need to be updated.

Other than that Indy's operating well so far.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Nill

Isn't the purple light in the rat room supposed to be there?.... And whats wrong with the pole in the spike room? Looked fine to me, and a lot sturdier than the previous versions.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast