• Minion

Park visit 08/25/05

So I'm going to the park tomorrow one last time before I move to Arizona. I havn't been to the park since the spring,(after 05/05/05.)

My question is, should I rush over to ride Space Mountain right away (which I'll probally do anyways ) or are the lines not too long now that it has been open for over a month?

Dave

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Park visit 08/25/05

i'd go straight to SM, grab a fast pass on your way in to the stand-by line & then you'll be able to go on it twice at least!
    <o>

• OM NOM NOM

I don't think it would hurt to either ride it early or FP it for later enjoyment.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• That Guy

Great advice, I will follow it too!

Where in AZ are you moving to?

• Minion

Thanks for the advice, I'll go ride Space first thing and also get a fast pass so that I can ride it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Great advice, I will follow it too!

Where in AZ are you moving to?
    Phoenix, I'm going to go to ASU.
    Last edited by VWSpawn; 08-24-2005 at 04:32 PM.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    Phoenix, I'm going to go to ASU.
    Hmmm, I can't say Phoenix is too nice, but Tempe (where ASU's main campus is) is an excellent area. I drove past ASU when I was staying in Mesa and that area is just wonderful. I had no idea of the distances in Arizona at the time since I hadn't been there since 1992, so I chose to drive to ASU just to check it out (it is after all where the Arizona Cardinals NFL team plays) and to my shock I was there in 5 minutes! I guess I've been jaded by living out in the boondocks, but I just couldn't believe that Tempe is 5 minutes from Main Street in Mesa. Phoenix was only 20 minutes from Mesa too, I loved how everything is SO close. Arizona is such an awesome state...as long as you have air conditioning and don't care about landscaping, Arizona is one of the best states in the country.

Thankfully it's only 6 hours from Disneyland, but I gotta warn ya, it's the most boring 6 hours you'll ever experience. It's nothing but desert from San Bernardino to Phoenix on the I-10 and although once in a great while you get a change of scenery, it's not a trip you'll want to make frequently. I've always liked the 5 hour trip to Vegas because there's so much to see on the way. But driving to and from Arizona is pretty exhausting and boring. I hate the I-215 coming through San Bernardino from Arizona, the traffic is TERRIBLE and the interchange is so confusing, you literally have to get off the I-215 to stay on it! I think it's better to bypass all that crap and take the I-10 to the I-15...it adds a ton of distance to the trip, but it's probably worth avoiding San Bernardino's traffic like the plague it is.

But anyway back on topic, I like the idea of getting a FastPass then hopping into the standby line and then riding it again when your FastPass validates. That's an excellent idea.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-24-2005 at 04:54 PM.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

drove from Ca to ariziona to New Mexico and back again from New Mexico to Arizona to Las Vegas to Irvine. Was so looking forward to that darn trip to get my daughter and her family and move them back to Irvine. My take on Arizona and new mexico : If you have seen one red rock you have seen them all! Upon going to New Mexico they went from San Diego through Arizona and also thought boring boring boring!!! Flagstaff was ok but short then back in tumble weeds again . My other observation was when you are born and raised in CA you are so spoiled for the redwoods , traffic and ocean its a special place no where else can compare to, no wonder we have umpteen mumbers of visitors per year and so many illegals!