Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Happy 53rd "Re-Dedication" Day - July 17th, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Um...haven't we all visited the golden spike under the castle? Then, what is the supposed crest above the castle?
    It's just a made-up family crest. Visit any heraldry/coat-of-arms website and you'll see the actual Disney coat-of-arms looks nothing like what hangs over the castle gate.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    It's just a made-up family crest. Visit any heraldry/coat-of-arms website and you'll see the actual Disney coat-of-arms looks nothing like what hangs over the castle gate.
    Hmm...I wonder why that is. It seems that Disney, with their great attention to detail would have put the actual Disney famiy crest above the castle.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Hmm...I wonder why that is. It seems that Disney, with their great attention to detail would have put the actual Disney famiy crest above the castle.
    Why would they? It's Sleeping Beauty Castle.

• Minion

Happy late Birthday to Disneyland. You're really one of a kind.

• Yo!

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...ears/#more-846

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Disney on July 17th, 1965 premiered a new parade in honor of the Tenth anniversary. It was on a Saturday and made sense to do it then instead on Sunday the 18th. And the very specifically said it was the day of "Re-Dedication" and not its Birthday.
    So birthday, anniversary, and re-dedication are all three entirely separate things? Are you saying that the anniversary is on the 17th (since the parade debuted that day), but it's birthday is on the 18th? I'm thoroughly confused by your argument (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    But Mr. Lincoln officially opened on the next day, July 18th, 1965.

And then the first version of the "New" Tomorrowland opened on July 18th, 1967. So that makes Disney celebrating Opening Day on the 18th for at least 12 years, and after Walt Disney passed on.
    So what? Where's the proof that these attractions were dedicated on the park's birthday anniversary re-dedication day whatever the hell you're calling it now? The name of these two days changes more often than Amy Winehouse's health status. It's ridiculous.

Ultimately, DL isn't changing the date anytime soon (and the dedication plaque isn't gonna rewrite itself either), so who cares?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

To me, it is and always has been the 17th. All I know is that I got to be part of Darkbeer's lunch group at the French Market on the 17th...surounded by two wonderful ladies (PurpleDove and Deogge'sMom) ... and I had a great time with many MC'ers...on the 17th.

And without even beig asked, he cleared all the trays, and later bussed the dishes...always going the extra mile.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910