Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

I would have loved to ride the Mine Train before it closed down. The closest thing we have to it is the Calico mine ride at Knott's Berry Farm... AND IT SUCKS!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Only ride I never got to go on was Rocket Rods......Would like to try that one if I could. What was it like?
    Personally, I thought the Rocket Rods were pretty underwhelming. They would accelerate...then quickly slow down for the non-banked turns...then accelerate again...then slow down...etc. It just seemed jerky and pointless. I do miss the enthusiasm and hopefullness of the original Tomorrowland. It was a clean, bright vision of tomorrow featuring modern modes of transportation (rides!) and a celebration of man's ingenuity. It was a busy place full of endless possibility. As a kid, I even found the Monsanto Hall of Chemistry fascinating. The current Tomorrowland seems soulless, dark and dull. I'm looking forward to the finished re-hab. Oh how I wish they would repaint the rocket ships red and white and put them back up on the high gantry. That was thrilling!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Senior Minion

Doesn't anyone here miss the Country Bears, in their various incarnations? Whoever removed that attraction in favor of that abominable Pooh ride should be forced to ride Small World over and over until they become a drooling wreck and soil themselves.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Doesn't anyone here miss the Country Bears, in their various incarnations? Whoever removed that attraction in favor of that abominable Pooh ride should be forced to ride Small World over and over until they become a drooling wreck and soil themselves.
    I like the Country Bears too, but I have never seen the Mine Train ride. I bet the the Country Bears will come back at some point.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I am gonna get pummeled for saying this but... I always wanted to ride Superstar Limo because my wife just goes on and on and on about how bad it was... and I missed it. I mean, it makes it really hard for me to make fun of a ride I have never experienced. I know so many people who make fun of the film Showgirls, but find that very few have actually seen it - so how can they make fun? I however, have sat thru Showgirls and every nerve ending in my body was screaming for death! Is it too much to want the same experience from SSL? To experience the agony of Rubber Woopi and Robo Cher?
    Masochist, eh? Believe me, it was that bad and worse.

Here's a joke: What's worse than Joan Rivers?

PUPPET JOAN RIVERS!!!!!!!!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket

Any incarnation of Joan Rivers is enough to make me run for the hills. I'm glad I never subjected myself to this apparent mess.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Junior Senior

To people who want to experience SSL - I know there's a video floating around on the web someplace. I can't remember where I got it, but PM me if you want it and I'll send you a copy. It's better than nothing. I never rode it either, but the video managed to convey to me that it was comically, horrifically bad.

Me, I wish I'd ridden ATIS, like many people here.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket

Buwhahahahahahahahaha!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I did get to ride the flying saucers and sort of remember it was like an air cushioned bumper car ride, but I also remember the loading/unloading time as being very long. I miss the skyway!

• Senior Minion

I miss them Too
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I miss them....but the OP was not asking what attractions we most missed. I imagine most of us here have seen the Country Bears and therefore would not answer the OPs question with it as an answer
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

For me it would be the flying saucers, was too young to go on them so my parents never rode them. But I do remember Rainbow Caverns, I loved it.

• Magical Memories fanzine

Adventures thru innerspace... my parents never wanted to ride it, nor anyone in my family so I never got a chance.

Also the mine train thru rainbow caverns/ nature's wonderland. I am a sucker for cave stuff I just love the look, and the waterfalls inside there look like they were pretty darned cool. The painted dessert geyser part looked neat too.

And of course I miss country bears.

Be nice to the poor old Knotts calico caverns ride, its been there longer than anything in Disneyland's frontierland. I havent ridden since I was a kid, but I am betting it probably could use some TLC.

• A Little Rabid

I wish I could've seen America Sings. Even the video I've seen of it does no justice.

• now on the mainland

Didn't there used to be a Stage Coach that ran through Frontierland? I would've loved to have seen that. Also, from what I understand Fort Wilderness would call in all the kids and have them man the guns while Indians (actors) would try to beseige it. I know it's not PC and it's only taking the settler's side. But it does go back to the "hard facts that created America" portion of Disneyland that is so often ignored. <sigh> I should've been born 70 years ago. :confused:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast