Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Old Timer

I remember Inner Space as a kid, was totally convinced disney magic had us shrunk! Unfortunately kids nowadays are too savvy to be fooled but it may be worth a thought to revive the "ride" but instead now you are interacting with microscopic nannites (micro-robots) that in the future perform internal surgery and many other possible duties.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Wannabe Aviator!

Has to be the "Flying Saucers". As a kid, I couldn't generate the "weight" to get it to move around like the adults could. But I had a blast anyway!

• & loves Disneyland

For me it would have to be the Mine Train and pack mules. I am fairly confident I did ride both of them, but the sad part is, I don't remember any detail of them. I must have been about 4 for that first trip to Disneyland.

I rode many times and loved ATIS. ATIS burrowed deep in my consciousness, at least the voice of Paul Frees did. I recall many decades later, watching a movie, and a bit actor at the end, you could not really see him, but the VOICE, I knew the voice! It took me a while to place it and then I relived in my brain ATIS, the chill of the ice caves and his magnificnet voice as I was shrinking. He is awesome as the ghost host, too.

Tomorrowland was my favorite land, always held a source of great fascination for me. It makes me sad that so much or Tomorrowland is now Yesterland.
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

• Sock Puppet

I would have to see the flying saucers! I can't even begin to imagine how much fun they would have been!

• Random Thinking

I would love to have ridden the Flying Saucers...it seems like it would have been a very neat feeling.

Although I rode Adventure Through InnerSpace, I barely remember it...just snowflakes and a big eye...I can't say that I miss it or remember it because I was so young...so i would still pick that one as one I would like to ride (technically again) to piece the images together in my head so it makes sense.
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• cleaner of the hook

House of Tomorrow

• Minion

Long Gone But Remembered

Interesting topic which I just caught up with today. As an old time DL visitor I remember most of them very well.

1. The original white wood bandstand/gazebo that used to stand on Town Square has been restored and has a prominent place at Roger's Gardens in Newport Beach.

2. The Mine Train was a wonderful, quiet little excursion and nicely themed. I still miss those bubbling paint pots.

3. The Stagecoach was fun with much more atmosphere and scenery than the Knott's version.

4. The Mule Train covered much of the same territory as the train but at a very slow pace. My bad memory of riding them was my mule which kept reaching turning its head and trying to nip my leg.

5. The Golden Horseshoe Revue. Always a good show with the 3 piece live band, Wally Boag, Sluefoot Sue, an Irish tenor and four lovely dancing girls who did the can can.

6. The Indian Village and the wonderful native dances they used to perform.

7. Captain Hook's Pirate Ship had the best tuna sandwiches for a quick lunch.

8. The Skyway offered great views of the park, a shortcut to Tomorrowland and a leisurely look at the Matterhorn interior.

9. All the dark rides in Fantasyland were greatly improved (except for Peter Pan) when it was redone.

10. Fantasyland Theater offered a place to sit down and enjoy a film.

11. The Flying Saucers took a long time to load and unload, they broke down a lot and it reminded me of a very smooth version of the old Dodge cars in every amusement park at that time.

12. Adventures Thru Innerspace was a wonderful concept, well done and I still think it could draw crowds with new projection techniques and CGI.

13. The People Mover I still miss. A long, slow paced tour of Tomorrowland with great views.

14. The Rocket Rods...good riddance. Waited over an hour for a very disappointing ride that was too short and very low on thrills or even a sense of speed.

15. Carousel of Progress (started a thread on that previously) is dearly missed. No reason why that had to be evicted from its home in TL.

16. House of Tomorrow held interest for even us kids. Always thought it was situated in a very peculiar location which I believe is near what is now Ariel's Grotto.

Also missed: The Country Bears Jamboree, Motorboats, Tahitian Terrace, Swiss Family Treehouse, The Keel Boats, the original and more dangerous Tom Sawyer's Island, Hills Bros. Coffee House for breakfast, Aunt Jemima's Pancake House, Sunkist fresh squeezed oj and The One of a Kind Shop and Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through. The detailing on the scenes was always wonderful to look at.

Not missed: Captain EEO although Anjelica Huston was wonderful in it.

• Banned User

I remember Inner Space and America Sings and the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland M2Mars and even CoP. Guess the one I missed that I'd love to do is the flying saucers.

• Tour Ship Pilot

I remember the pack mules ,stagecoach and train from Nature's Wonderland. Rainbow Caverns was always a favorite. Was very sad to see pieces go one by one after Big Thunder took over and Cascade Peak was allowed to deteriorate until it collapsed and the loss of the last remaining tressle this year to a falling tree.

"Now as we cross the old trestle you gotta sit real still. No tellin' how long she's gonna last."

Now, we know. :-(
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Social Imagineer

Well, having been visiting Disneyland since 1970, I am fortunate not to have missed too much. I guess the Flying Saucers is the main ride that I regret missing entirely, but I regret missing the Mule Pack far more .... since I had plenty of opportunity to ride the mules, but always chose the Mine Train instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234