Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

Do you like Parades? Well I do. I was fortunate enough to have seen the parade the day before, but I wasn't going to miss the chance to see it again. We found some good spots in Town Square, and we got ready to see the Parade of Dreams.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't do that so well, did I. I know that I enjoyed watching the parade. These photos are some of the many that we took. They are all out of sequence, I am sure. I left the Jiminy one for last, since he is my favorite of all the characters, and it was so good to finally see him in the parade.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008 at 04:19 PM.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Disneymom

I remember that day. It was so weird. My two older kids went to THe whitemountains with my in-laws and they didn't want to take my little one who was five. The older ones were 14 and 17. Well, my friend and and I decided to take her son and my daughter to Disneyland for a long weekend. I loved DLR but didn't know it's history. I had an AP and thought that would work, it was a Delux not APP. We were blocked out but when I found out why I had to pay the extra money to get in cause it was Disneyland's 50th. How cool was that? I got to go and didn't even know about it until that day. We just happened to plan a trip on that weekend. My daughter was so thrilled. She has the golden ears hung on her wall. I will find a way to make sure that we are there for DLR's 100th. Maybe I'll try to be there for it's 55th on July 17th 2010. It was nice being there with her but I also wished my other two could have been there too. They were jealous of her. But also happy for her. We enjoyed the day and the cupcakes. A memory forever in my heart.

• living to haunt

A trip report from one of my favorite people! And a walk down memory lane all in the same report! This report rocks! I wish I had been there and enjoyed the fun. I like the idea of being there for the 55th! Since DL and I were born in the same year! Thanks for a great report and good to see you posting!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well the rest of the day is kind of a blur in my memory. I know that I had a great time. They rebroadcast the ceremony, from that morning in front of the castle, in Town Square again, and I was able to listen to it, and see it. Jennifer, and the kids left, after the parade, and I hung around for a while. I mostly took pictures in Town Square. I didn't want to leave, and I sat for a while, appreciating the magic of the day.

By the way, our vacation was from July the 16th all they way until the 22nd, so I still had a lot of time to do all the wonderful things still left to do.

I got to ride all the Main Street Vehicles. I saw Fantasmic, and the Fireworks. We also visited DCA, and saw Block Party Bash. I visited the Opera House, and saw the 50th exhibit. We rode rides. Lots of rides. We had great food, and got a lot of autographs. I even finally ran into a MiceChatter, and just missed a few, I later found out.

It was my very first Disneyland vacation, and it will always be my favorite.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today is Disneyland's birthday, or perhaps it is tomorrow, depending on what you believe. All I know is that 3 years ago, this week, I fell in love with Disneyland. Ever since I turned that corner, walked through the esplanade, the very first time, and went through the turnstiles. It is a magic place. It will always be my favorite park, and I can't wait until I can return again.

Remember - It All Started With A Mouse.................................................. .

Than you. Mr. Disney.

That's all. Thanks for looking

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report! I wish i was there!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome report, Barbaraann! I love it!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydawg View Post
    Short Story!
    Was I that boring?

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Pirate Girl

July 17, 2005.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and photos.

I will never forget that day. I got up early Sat to buy my Harry Potter book. I intended to go to bed early. But I never went to bed. I got to DLR at midnight. Had to park way down at another lot(South CM lot?) and walk a few blocks. Waited in the line outside DCA and was about number 1000. After they moved us several times, at about 3:00am they gave us golden ears hats, wristbands and 50th maps they lined us into DCA. Some people were sleeping near the curbs in the Hollywood Backlot. I was right in front of Playhouse Disney. I couldn't sleep. At about 6 am they started to usher us through the right side gate of DL. I was so cranky from no sleep. But the CMs lining Main Street were so nice saying "welcome home" that I couldn't help but smile :-))) We headed directly to the pin line to get our "I Was There" pin(that was selling afterwards for $200-300!) and stopped at about The Mark Twain dock. Got my pin at about 9 or 9:30. I knew that the castle would be too crowded to watch the presentation. So, we headed to Small World to watch the jumbotron there at 10:00. I kept falling asleep sitting on the cement. Stood in line for 40 minutes to get a corn dog. Rode the mansion. And went home at 2:00pm. I slept for 2 hours when I got home.

It was a cranky day(and night) but I WILL NEVER FORGET IT! :-)

Aprille :-)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    ooh I can't wait for more
    Trip reports take time. I wish there was a way, we could put them on hold for no one to see until they were done.

Thanks.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

Great trip report and photos! I wish I had been able to go that day.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    A trip report from one of my favorite people! And a walk down memory lane all in the same report! This report rocks! I wish I had been there and enjoyed the fun. I like the idea of being there for the 55th! Since DL and I were born in the same year! Thanks for a great report and good to see you posting!
    I do a lot of posting here at MiceChat as you can tell by my post count. I guess I live in the Fun and Games Lounge mostly. Glad that you liked my report.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Banned User

Great TR! You're exactly 3 years late though! LoL!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Technically, I never did a trip report when I returned from that trip. I didn't learn how to post pictures on MiceChat until a long time after that. Now it's a favorite past time of mine.

Just a walk down memory lane, and I thank those who have taken the time to give this a look see.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast