Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Was I that boring?

    it was sooooooooooooooooooooo good

    thanks for sharing

    to let us remmeber the 50th.. but thru your eyes

    Friends for life

  2. #47

    •   
    • Proud owner: 50th Tiki
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    369

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Amazing report! I remember the CM at the drive up entrance to the Grand Californian welcoming us home when we arrived (not on the 17th, later during the 50th celebration). It's funny how so many of us remember being welcomed home by different cast members, but it's true isn't it......we were home.

  3. #48

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    55,971
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    Amazing report! I remember the CM at the drive up entrance to the Grand Californian welcoming us home when we arrived (not on the 17th, later during the 50th celebration). It's funny how so many of us remember being welcomed home by different cast members, but it's true isn't it......we were home.

    Great avatar.

    My grandson didn't make the trip with me on July 17, 2005, but I was fortunate enough to have been able to show him Disneyland the following year. I think a little of the magic rubbed off on him, because he decided his mom had to see the place as well. The three of us returned in 2007.

    I am only hoping I can make the journey before 2008 is over.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

  4. #49

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Great avatar.

    My grandson didn't make the trip with me on July 17, 2005, but I was fortunate enough to have been able to show him Disneyland the following year. I think a little of the magic rubbed off on him, because he decided his mom had to see the place as well. The three of us returned in 2007.

    I am only hoping I can make the journey before 2008 is over.

    if you do let me know I so want to meet you ok

    Friends for life

  5. #50

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    55,971
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

    if you do let me know I so want to meet you ok
    I am planning a trip for the first week in December. A lot depends on gas prices, and air fare. I want to see Disneyland at Christmas.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

  6. #51

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am planning a trip for the first week in December. A lot depends on gas prices, and air fare. I want to see Disneyland at Christmas.
    just let me know ok, in case I can leave vegas. I would so love to meet you

    Friends for life

  7. #52

    • Addicted to MC since '08
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    on MC
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Great Pictures. I didn't go on that day. I went the day before that. Me and my mother won tickets to go to the media day and it was great! Not crowded, and got a "sneak peek" at the 50th. It wasn't as festive I'm sure as the day you went, but it sure was fun. My favorite memory was being right at the gate where Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams comes out, and realizing I was one of the first guests to see that parade. Amazing feeling!

    Anyways, nice to see that you had fun on that incridible milestone in Disneyland's history.

  8. #53

    • Off to Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    So. Cali
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    wow...that made me realize how much I miss the 50th decorations

  9. #54

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    *sigh* If only I had been on Mice Chat a year sooner. Then I would have realized what a big event the 50th anniversary was. I had no idea people were camping out in DCA overnight. We didn't get to DLR until 6am that morning. Although we were some of the first people to get into Disneyland Park, by that time the line was all the way into Critter Country.

    Good times and great TR.

  10. #55

    • living in the sprawl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    the University of Kansas
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    These pictures give me goosebumps. I'm so sad I missed this! Thank you for sharing, Barbara.



  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    58

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    that was a great TR.
    I still have my wrist band (Black and White checkered), were in front of GRR's big bear.
    My wife still rolls her eyes when i mention that day...no churro was going to make her un-cranky.
    But i'd do it again!
    again, aweseom trip report.
    Spoiler
    BURP!




  12. #57

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    55,971
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by rdelacruz View Post
    that was a great TR.
    I still have my wrist band (Black and White checkered), were in front of GRR's big bear.
    My wife still rolls her eyes when i mention that day...no churro was going to make her un-cranky.
    But i'd do it again!
    again, aweseom trip report.
    Thanks. It was my very first time in DCA. I'm not sure exactly where we were. It was a great day, though.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

  13. #58

    • Merry 2014!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs drinking hot grog
    Posts
    9,488

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Super trip report Barbaraann! I teared up seeing those photos of CM's welcoming guests "home".
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

  14. #59

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    thanks so much for sharing
    memories ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    Friends for life

  15. #60

    • Go Seahawks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37

    Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

    Wow thanks for the pics so good to see other peoples pics of that day. Kinda wish every day we got welcomed like that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. We've started celebrating the 4th of July.......
    By Princess Buttercup in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
  2. "The Mickey Mouse Thread" - It All Started With A Mouse.
    By Barbaraann in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
  4. 5/3: It All Started With a Mouse
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
  5. Your Forgetting, It Started With A MOUSE!
    By Derekuda in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •