Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 76 to 84 of 84
  1. #76

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    SusieP--Hey, who's that yellow dog??

    I just about fell out of my chair laughing!!! I can totally picture a two year old saying that.

  2. #77

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,661

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Quote Originally Posted by sorceress, giving me bad rep
    How dare you accuse me of abuse. where did i say i intended on driving her past it telling her she can't go?!?!?! You have no right to call me wrong on an opinion. I do not get to see her first time at Disneyland either way because I am at school.
    I'm not accusing you of anything, Sorceress. It's just my opinion of the situation. And, might I say, I was using a little hyperbole? I'm unsure of the hyperbole rules, so I might have misused it. Luckily, there is an expert in our midst.
    My opinion that you are wrong is just that as well. I do have rights. Feel free to disagree, but don't go all unAmerican on me.
    And, I guess we now know why you're so upset about her first trip: you don't get to go. Finally, a valid reason for you to be upset! And we all can agree on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    In my opinion, this would fall under the category of an "over reaction."
    uh-huh.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  3. #78

    • Disney worshipper/geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westchester, California
    Posts
    904

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Fine, then. I should never have put this post up at all. Granted here, with a common interest, I never though I would be accussed of child abuse. If anyone can get rid of this thread, please do.

    To those of you who agree with my statement, as inflammatory as it seems to many, please, I encourage you to speak out. Like they say, "What is right isn't always popular, and what is popular is not always right". Just because a child under 3 is free doesn't make it a good idea.

    I realize a lot of people disagree with me on this. But you know what, give me a real argument as to why tring to make sure my godchild I love with all my heart has an appreciation (and not neccesarily a historical appreciation right off the bat, whoever tries that is just ridiculous) for it. I am sorry that so many think that because they disagree, they should be rude about it, than one day you will recieve your reward for that kind of behavior.

    I realize it's all the same, the first time is usually a good time, but I would like my godchild to have a wonderful time, understanding that she gets to go to Neverland and meet Snow White, not just some princess. For me, that's what made it special. To think it is cute that children are asking who the yellow dog is displays a sign of where society is going. I would have explained that Pluto is Mickey's dog (or Minnie's depending on the argument). I would not find that funny. I am not giving my godchild less credit than she deserves, I am trying to ensure that she gets all she can out of her first visit. If that is wrong, than fine, I have spent enonugh of my life being comsidered wrong for wanting quality and patience and being raised that way.

    I have a good mind to leave this board for the rude behavior of many, I believe, "adults" here. Just because you meet a height requirement doesn't make you a mature individual.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

  4. #79

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,661

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Well, if everyone has to agree with you or else put up with your indignation and offendedness and promises of the wrath of God, then, yes, do what you must. (And, I think each of those things I've put up with are rude. Do I think you care? Answer: I don't care whether you do or don't, so I'm not going to try to guilt you into changing.)

    I don't think you can control us any more than you can the whole world. Or two parents that love their child with all their heart.

    But, to answer your question, and you did ask, and I apologize in advance that this will be rude to you: I think you're asking too much when you expect her to appreciate her first DL experience, at ANY age.

    Part of the fun of taking a child to DL for the first time is you never know what might happen. It's part of the fear as well. It's part of parenting. It's part of life. One day, when you have children of your own, you can make as many rules as you want for them.

    As I have no authority over you, I give you permission to skip school and enjoy DL with her. We'll want to see pictures. You'll make up the school work.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  5. #80

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    I realize a lot of people disagree with me on this. But you know what, give me a real argument as to why tring to make sure my godchild I love with all my heart has an appreciation (and not neccesarily a historical appreciation right off the bat, whoever tries that is just ridiculous) for it. I am sorry that so many think that because they disagree, they should be rude about it, than one day you will recieve your reward for that kind of behavior.
    I hope you don't consider me rude in my replies to you. I certainly haven't striven to be rude to you....

    Why SHOULD she have an "appreciation" before she goes to Disneyland? An appreciation of what, exactly?

    Should my children appreciate a trip to the zoo when they're 18 months old and obsessed with elephants, or should I just take them and let them know later that when they were 18 months old, they were obsessed with elephants and it made their day to take them to the zoo to see them in real life. That their smile lit up my world. That they walked around pointing and laughing and clapping.

    Because whether or not your niece understands WHAT the significance of Disneyland is, she will most likely adore it. She'll have the best time of her life. She'll run around and be happy. She'll eat ice cream and hug Mickey Mouse. She'll ride Dumbo and perhaps overcome some of her fears. She'll hear piped in Disney music over the speakers....she'll ride a gorgeous carousel. She'll take naps in her stroller, while her parents enjoy a quiet time, sitting on a bench, exchanging smiles and perhaps sharing a bag of popcorn and looking at the castle.

    I realize it's all the same, the first time is usually a good time, but I would like my godchild to have a wonderful time, understanding that she gets to go to Neverland and meet Snow White, not just some princess. For me, that's what made it special.
    You're not her and you're not two years old. You don't know what made it special to you when you were two years old.

    To think it is cute that children are asking who the yellow dog is displays a sign of where society is going. I would have explained that Pluto is Mickey's dog (or Minnie's depending on the argument). I would not find that funny.
    WHERE SOCIETY IS GOING? What the heck does that mean?? I'm one who thought that was cute. I'm sorry you don't find it funny.

    I think it says something about her parents that she's not plunked down on her butt watching videos all day. Because SADLY that is where society is going, and that is disturbing to me. I don't mind that my kids haven't seen some of the Disney movies. Heck, I still haven't seen the Lion King, but it doesn't make me appreciate Disneyland any less.

    I am not giving my godchild less credit than she deserves, I am trying to ensure that she gets all she can out of her first visit. If that is wrong, than fine, I have spent enonugh of my life being comsidered wrong for wanting quality and patience and being raised that way.

    I have a good mind to leave this board for the rude behavior of many, I believe, "adults" here. Just because you meet a height requirement doesn't make you a mature individual.
    Patience is one thing. Letting it ruin your life because her parents are making a choice to do something fun for a child they adore is another.

    I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm guessing you're writing out of frustration and not from experience on the topic. I think the rest of us who disagree with you are replying not with emotion, but with reasoning. You might want to read over your replies before accusing any of us of being less than mature.

  6. #81

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    To put it metaphorically... the woman who refuses to date until she meets the man she's going to marry often dies a spinster.

    Sorceress1986: Look, folks disagree with you on that issue. One issue. Every now and then, everyone finds themselves on the unpopular end of an argument. No biggie, life goes on, and in the next argument they could be the people jumping to your defense.

    Also remember that the tone we read a post with might not be the same tone as it was written with. Sometimes people's writing comes across more.... vehement... than it was intended. Sure, it's unpleasant to be disagreed with, but their feelings are honest, just as yours were.
    Last edited by Morrigoon; 08-29-2005 at 04:20 PM.

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  7. #82

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    274

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    [QUOTE=sediment]I don't think you can control us any more than you can the whole world. Or two parents that love their child with all their heart.

    But, to answer your question, and you did ask, and I apologize in advance that this will be rude to you: I think you're asking too much when you expect her to appreciate her first DL experience, at ANY age.

    Part of the fun of taking a child to DL for the first time is you never know what might happen. It's part of the fear as well. It's part of parenting. It's part of life. One day, when you have children of your own, you can make as many rules as you want for them.[QUOTE]


    Very nicely put!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

  8. #83

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    If anyone can get rid of this thread, please do.
    Thread closed at the OP's request.

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  9. #84

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana, United States
    Posts
    8,666
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: My worst fear as a godmother...

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    To put it metaphorically... the woman who refuses to date until she meets the man she's going to marry often dies a spinster.

    Sorceress1986: Look, folks disagree with you on that issue. One issue. Every now and then, everyone finds themselves on the unpopular end of an argument. No biggie, life goes on, and in the next argument they could be the people jumping to your defense.

    Also remember that the tone we read a post with might not be the same tone as it was written with. Sometimes people's writing comes across more.... vehement... than it was intended. Sure, it's unpleasant to be disagreed with, but their feelings are honest, just as yours were.

    Well said, I think its important to remember your reading responses, that can always be read differently than the actual intent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Similar Threads

  1. Adventures by Disney Special Offer from Fairy Godmother Travel
    By Fairy Godmother Travel in forum Adventures by Disney
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
  2. Section Sponsor - Fairy Godmother Travel
    By Dustysage in forum Adventures by Disney
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
  3. What is/are your worst fear/s?
    By krystledm in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 07:11 AM
  4. Getting over the Fear
    By Tedi Bara in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 01:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •