• Higitus Figitus

Ridemax/Planning a Trip

So I've been looking online for ways to plan an itinerary for a trip to disneyland, and the only site that i can find is ridemax. i reallly like ridemax, but was wondering if anyone knows of any sites similar to it that you don't have to pay to use. Thanks!
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Re: Ridemax/Planning a Trip

I usually just use disneyland.com if I'm planning an itinerary without ridemax, with the calendar you can see all the parade and show times, plus they list all the rides. Then just fill in an excel sheet or write it out by hand. Works pretty well for me.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Yes, but ridemax tells you when the best time to go on each attraction is, and the best order to do the park in. I highly recommend it, and it is only $15 for 90 days, or $25 for the year. So, why not just go for it? It's helped me quite a bit, in the past.

Plus, it's good for both parks.

• First Time Disneylander

If you do a little searching, I really think you can find out some good information for planning an itinerary right here on this forum, instead of paying an unnecessary cost (Birnbaum's Official Guide and The Unofficial Guidebook offer some itineraries too, check your library or buy the books online, they cost about $10-15) I'll share some tips I've picked up here:

The busiest rides without fastpass right now are Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania. Hit these up early in the morning and then get a fastpass for another crowded ride.

Darkbeer lists some secrets about the fastpass networking system, including how to get up to THREE fastpasses at one time:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...rets-5720.html

There's a lot of other great information around these boards. Check for a recent picture of the wait times boards for help deciding what attractions have long wait times. The premise of ridemax sounds neat, but instead of spending 15/20 bucks there, you could spend it on corn dogs in the parks!
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I disagree on the lines for Midway Mania. They haven't been long, each time I've been there. Only about 40 minutes. At most. And that line is constantly moving, too, so it esp. doesn't seem that bad.

Don't forget, though- Peter Pan always has a line... except for first thing in the morning. Meaning, be in line for park opening, enter the park, and make a bee-line for Peter Pan. It's usually a walk on, or a 1 or 2 minute wait.

FN Subs usually are packed all the day through, from opening, until late. However, if you're willing to stay extra late, I've seen the line as short as 30 minutes, around 11, 11:30p.

Get your Space Mountain FPs first thing, then go through Tomorrowland, doing everything else (sans Subs, of course). I recommend going to Indiana next, either to get a FP, or to go on the ride (or both ). Next hit up Pirates, Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion, to be followed by getting a FP for Splash Mountain (saving it for when the temps. have risen).

You can get a FP for Roger Rabbit anytime, it is not connected to the rest of the FP network. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

As for everything else, hit it up as you see fit, and I recommend doing the Fireworks in the Hub, followed by the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic! It is quite doable (I do it every time, and never have to wait more than 30 minutes for the fireworks, and 40-45 minutes for Fantasmic). If you'd like to know my personal favorite spots to view each, just send me a PM, and I'll hook you up with their locations. I don't want everybody to know it, because then they would be busy like every other spot.

I know some people hate the idea of fastpass, but I sometimes wish that Disneyland had fastpass for all of their really popular attractions (i.e. Peter Pan and Subs)

Quote Originally Posted by drumbum67 View Post
    I know some people hate the idea of fastpass, but I sometimes wish that Disneyland had fastpass for all of their really popular attractions (i.e. Peter Pan and Subs)

WDW has FP for Peter Pan why DL does not is confusing to me. I think HISTA does too, now THAT'S confusing!!
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    I think HISTA does too, now THAT'S confusing!!
    Haha, yeah it does. In WDW, Disney puts fastpass on almost all the shows for some reason. I never used a fastpass for a show, mainly because I've never felt the need, so I wonder how this would work...

I think fastpass is overused sometimes in WDW. They actually hand out fastpasses for their less popular attractions like Carousel of Progress, which I always thought would be a pretty crappy YOAMD gift.
    "You're a winner! Go ride this ride that nobody else wants to so that we can decrease congestion in the park!"

The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland:

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Gui...6535525&sr=8-1

Worth the $12! =-) 2009 Edition should be out in the next month. They have some of the best (and computer designed for efficiency) touring plans out there. I've used this one and WDW, I've known others who have used Ridemax and the Unofficial Guide, and found the Guide was better (and cheaper) than Ridemax (and you can carry it with you, with so much more information).

They do have a website, but it only covers WDW, but you can type in the dates on that one and get exact plans based on the attendance data for that day... it's pretty cool, but they don't have that for Disneyland... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I disagree on the lines for Midway Mania. They haven't been long, each time I've been there. Only about 40 minutes. At most. And that line is constantly moving, too, so it esp. doesn't seem that bad.
    Yep.. the line moves fairly smoothly, in fact (strangely) I foudn the only time the line was over an hour was at park opening (really weird, probably due to DCA opening. Most of the day after the first couple of hours it ranged from 25 to 40 mins (25 on a Sunday... )

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by drumbum67 View Post
    If you do a little searching, I really think you can find out some good information for planning an itinerary right here on this forum, instead of paying an unnecessary cost (Birnbaum's Official Guide and The Unofficial Guidebook offer some itineraries too, check your library or buy the books online, they cost about $10-15) I'll share some tips I've picked up here:

The busiest rides without fastpass right now are Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania. Hit these up early in the morning and then get a fastpass for another crowded ride.

Darkbeer lists some secrets about the fastpass networking system, including how to get up to THREE fastpasses at one time:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...rets-5720.html

There's a lot of other great information around these boards. Check for a recent picture of the wait times boards for help deciding what attractions have long wait times. The premise of ridemax sounds neat, but instead of spending 15/20 bucks there, you could spend it on corn dogs in the parks!
    I agree. DLR isn't exactly rocket science. I can see using a system like this for WDW, but DL and DCA are much more small and compact. Just use common sense, FP, and make good use of your time!

• Higitus Figitus

alright, thanks everybody!
    i just wanted to be as prepared as possible and know how much of a crowd to expect(mostly the length of lines!)
    i think ill try the library like a couple people suggested, why didn't i think of that?

sorry to be a bother with one more question-drum mentioned pictures of wait times for some of the major attractions, does anyone have any links to some recent pictures OR are there any sites that show updated line wait times like once a week or pretty often? thanks again everyone!
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Darkbeer always posts a few pictures in his weekly column and on his smugmug site, let me see if I can dig a recent one up! I don't think he'd mind if I shared one of his pictures.

Edit: Smugmug is having "technical difficulties" so I can't get to any of his pictures right now.