Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Funny CM moments

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    6ft at 13... I was that way... anyhow as to fun CM stories check out the Antics thread.
    So was I. I also had facial hair in junior high.

*) I was second in line to pull into the loading dock at Autopia. The CM had just finished announcing, via the PA, about not hitting the car in front of you, etc, etc etc. My partner was right in front of me. The CMs had counted wrong and waved him in to unload. I started to move forward and then...realized that I couldn't go in.

Whack. Hit my partner's bumper.

The CM returned to the microphone...and stared right at me, "now, if you have trouble understanding me, there's a little picture of what NOT to do...right THERE...you see it, sir? Can you point at it? Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what NOT to do!"

I broke down into giggles of embarassment.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    No kidding - I'll bet you've already gotten recruiting advances from all the local high school B-ball coaches.

Eat your Wheaties, and practice your jump shot. Who knows...
    I don't like sports.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I was talking to a couple of CM's Thursday afternoon, including Liz Hetzel, one of the Disneyland Resort Ambassadors. She used to be one of the people in charge of the Parades, and her best "Did a Guest really ask me that?" was during the "Disney's Electrical Parade" and while the parade was just starting to go by her, a guest asked "Is this the Electrical Parade?" and behind her was the "Drum" with the wording lit up.....

And if you are reading this Liz, it was a pleasure to meet you!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• whatever

I was talking to a very nice CM last Sunday at the Matterhorn, and she confirmed that they were installing the new Matterhorn bobsleds, like the one in this recent photo:

She also said that these new bobsleds will have seat belts similar to the ones we find on Indiana Jones and The Temple of the Forbidden Eye, with yellow tug straps and the like. Just for kicks, to see what she knew, I asked her who Frank Wells was. She laughed and said that she had forgotten about that, but she still knew at least that I was referring to the "Wells Expedition" crate added in 1995 that payed tribute that determined mountaineer.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Once in Haunted Mansion... I was with my sister's boyfriend. My sis was going to arrive at the park in a few hours, so he and I were bored waiting for her, so we went on Haunted Mansion. It was his second time to DL (first time was at 5 or something)...

He's really technical and wanted to figure out all the rides. So in the stretch room, we let everyone leave, while we stayed behind, and he tried to figure it out. He said "This one is the easiest to figure out. The floor lowers, which gives the illusion of the stretching pictures."

Just then, a CM appeared out of nowhere, and said in a creepy voice, "Are you positive about that? This room stretches both upwards and downwards... How could that work? Did you see any green warehouses behind the mansion? I don't think so. You enter the mansion, and there are those doors that lead you there. But there is no warehouse that could physically stretch up and down at the same time."

After that, my sis's boyfriend was super confused... and it became the toughest ride to figure out. It was really funny!
    And it really isn't that difficult - It works like a 'two panel' elevator door, but vertically. The ceiling, upper walls, and the top of the Stretching Portraits are fixed.

The wainscoting at the middle of the wall comes down halfway, and pulls down the bottoms of the Stretching Portraits.

And the walls that go up to about 8' above the floor when you enter are attached to the floor and go all the way down. They stretch out to 14' or so, the rest is taken by the mid-stretch section for the portraits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I don't like sports.
    Why am I not surprised? Go try it, you might surprise yourself.

Then again, that's why my right ankle clicks when I walk... Don't be a sixth grader trying to play full out B-ball against 12th graders, it can't end well...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Last year we were in DCA for my sister's birthday and she had the button on all day. We got a couple of "Happy Birthday" but that was it.

Then we went on Tower of Terror and right when you walk in the line there is cm standing. We started to pass them and one cm yelled reallly loudly "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" It scared us so much we jumped so high. The cm didn't even blink an eye. The girl cm with him laughed so much and we did too.

My fav is still a very old one. Where Buzz is now used to be a CirlceVision 360 show about America. 2 elderly couples were visiting Disneyland for their first time and approached a custodial CM asking what attractions they should see. The CM looked at them and suggested, among others, that they visit CircleVision 360.

"what's that?" one of the guests asked.

"It's a movie about America in a 360 degree theater," answered the CM.

"Oh NO!, we'll certainly NOT do THAT!" answered a lady, "that's MUCH too warm for us."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Why am I not surprised? Go try it, you might surprise yourself.

Then again, that's why my right ankle clicks when I walk... Don't be a sixth grader trying to play full out B-ball against 12th graders, it can't end well...
    Well, I've been "forced" to play Sports in PE at school. Never interested me, & actually makes me rather bored.

I'm in 9th grade BTW.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

there was this cast member named josh who worked hm. every time we saw eachother, we would try to scare each other somehow. well, one day i was in the hallway to the doom buggies when i saw him going back up the hallway to the elevator. i yelled above all the noise "wait josh!, dont go!!!!!!!!" he yelled back "sorry, but i must, the master is calling for me" i figured, bummer. dont get to see him. a few minutes later, (still in the hallway) right between my friend and my heads, i hear the most bone chilling creepy laugh i have ever heard. i scream at the top of my lungs and jump about three feet. i turn around, and josh is standing there. he had come through all the people in the hallway to scare me. i felt so special.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I'm in 9th grade BTW.
    Wait 13 in 9th? Were you bumped ahead or somethin? Cause I'm 13 and in 8th.

*confused*

ANYWAY. Once on tower of terror we had the CREEPIEST bellhop. His name was Ian. I even remember his name, thats how great he was.

*this was taken from a trip report, and I'm too tired to go through and edit it, so sorry if its written weird*

We went on tower and had the BEST bellhop named Ian. This one guy said something about how they used to have the people try to stand up after being buckled in (I swear I remember this too!)

Him: Why don’t we have to stand up?
    Ian: …Because you’re strapped down… o_O.

Then he did the usual spiel, but very creepily.

Ian: And management requests that you please hold on tightly…*turns away* *quickly turns back* to all hats, glasses…loved ones you want to keep in this dimension. *turns away* *turns back even faster* AH! *everyone screams* If there’s anything you need…you’re too late. *doors close*

Right when the door closed everyone was like “He was CREEPY.” And he was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12