Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Future....oooooooo :waves arms around:

Funny CM moments

Just finished reading the funny moments with characters but has anyone had funny/ fun moments with CMs?

As a CM myself I like to mess witht he guest. My favorite is when I'm working in Mad Hatter in Fantasyland. There is that big mirror over the sewing machines. Every now and then the Cheshire Cat appears into. Guest will see and go oh how cool (or something along those lines). I will look up and go "Its just a mirror." To which they will argue that they saw the Cheshire Cat. I will tell them in a very serious way that the Cheshire Cat mirror is on the wall by the window and they must be seeing things. Sometimes we go back and forth for minutes. Its so much fun to see the guests faces and reactions, when I tell them there is nothing in the mirror.

Or when its a little kid, I like to tell them they must of steped on the right brick. So then they run around steping on all the bricks seeing which one will make the cat appear. I tell them it changes every time, its never the same brick twice.

As for when a CM got me, it was on HM and as usual the CMs there are really into character. I was on the elevator (streching room) and the CM stood right behind me and did a really evil laugh. I must of jumbed abut 5 feet. My friends with me at the time couldnt stop laughing.
    "If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?" Grey's Anatomy- Dr. Grey
    Guest asked me where she could find the missing Mickey.

Kicked some serious beaver butt!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Funny CM moments

Haha, the same thing happened to me on the Haunted Mansion
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I like calling all the CM's by their first name since it's there for the world to see. I love when they give me a look like, "Do I know you?" It's not really that funny, I just like to "personalize" our conversation more than the other guests!

• Plunderin' Since '76

I was riding the train with my family from Main Street to NOS. I am not sure if they are still there or not, but there were some Mardi Gras props right before you go to NOS, some big paper mache heads, one was a king. The CM/Conductor, without looking back, yelled, "WE GOT THE BURGER KING!" really loud as we passed them. It was one of the funniest moments I have ever had in DL. I though my whole family had wet themselves we were laughing so hard!
    "Everybody's got a laughin' place-trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.

I started a thread just like this once!

Heres the link:
    Just Messin' Around

I love it when CM's mess around and are really funny and nice to my friends and I!
    SkItTlEs

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

A guest asked how much longer the line was at the crossing are for TSMM. The CM said that he still had to walk below the lake to Golden Dreams and all the way back and then do all the Switchbacks when they returned.

The guy looked TOTALLY confused until he told him he was joking. It was hilarious!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I was at Ariel's Grotto at Disneyland when they were filming the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade, and the shell was closed, and the CM character host noticed my Pink Floyd shirt, and said "It's another brick in the wall."

• Banned User

I had got through 2 of the 3 Princesses at the Princess Fantasy Faire, & I was waiting for the 3rd (which was Pocahontas), & the CM asked what I'm doing around Disneyland by myself & we just get into a convo. I tell her I'm 13 & she's amazed (by my height, I'm over 6ft), so after I have my pic took with Pocahontas, the CM tells Pocahontas & she's pretty amazed too.

• Disney Nut

haha well i cnt say i know many 6 foot 13 year olds
    ~It All Started With A Mouse~

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

No kidding - I'll bet you've already gotten recruiting advances from all the local high school B-ball coaches.

Eat your Wheaties, and practice your jump shot. Who knows...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• "I Break Things"

6ft at 13... I was that way... anyhow as to fun CM stories check out the Antics thread.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy-Kmb View Post
    haha well i cnt say i know many 6 foot 13 year olds
    I know two XD

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I guess this is kinda cheating, but my story is from last year's CM x-mas party. One of my friends was working the steam trains that night and my mom and I decided to ride from NOS to Main St. as the last thing we did for the night. My friend got on the mic, did her safety spiel, and then proceeded to lead the train in x-mas carols ALL THE WAY AROUND THE LOOP. It was SO awesome! And of course she couldn't get hardly anyone to join her, but she just kept on going. When one guy in our car made a comment about it being annoying, my mom and I started singing along louder and I heard my friend throw in a "thanks ladies!" in between verses.

Made my x-mas!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I love getting on to Haunted Mansion and having staring contests with the CMs that stand at the foot of the stairs. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I creep them out, but hey! They're supposed to be the ones in character!
    Haha, it's all in good fun.

• Digging to Earth's center

Once in Haunted Mansion... I was with my sister's boyfriend. My sis was going to arrive at the park in a few hours, so he and I were bored waiting for her, so we went on Haunted Mansion. It was his second time to DL (first time was at 5 or something)...

He's really technical and wanted to figure out all the rides. So in the stretch room, we let everyone leave, while we stayed behind, and he tried to figure it out. He said "This one is the easiest to figure out. The floor lowers, which gives the illusion of the stretching pictures."

Just then, a CM appeared out of nowhere, and said in a creepy voice, "Are you positive about that? This room stretches both upwards and downwards... How could that work? Did you see any green warehouses behind the mansion? I don't think so. You enter the mansion, and there are those doors that lead you there. But there is no warehouse that could physically stretch up and down at the same time."

After that, my sis's boyfriend was super confused... and it became the toughest ride to figure out. It was really funny!
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast