Alice leaves scare me!

The ride down the leaves at the end still kinda freak me out. Looks so tenuous, and seems like the car could just roll off any time! In my head I know it's as safe as anything else, but I can't help feeling relieved when we "make it" to the ground.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Alice leaves scare me!

Clowns scare me. Very much. And grasshoppers. I mean, you see a grasshopper and inevitably the damn thing ends up jumping and flying right for your face. Always. Stupid grasshoppers.

• Oo-de-lally

When I was young I thought the same thing. LOL. I always feared that the cart would fall right off the leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Clowns scare me. Very much. And grasshoppers. I mean, you see a grasshopper and inevitably the damn thing ends up jumping and flying right for your face. Always. Stupid grasshoppers.
    Grasshoppers are funny like that. I'm scared of Spiders. No matter how small they are. I always call my girlfriend to come and get them for me.

Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• I'm not really here

That has always been my favorite part of that ride precisely for that reason =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That has always been my favorite part of that ride precisely for that reason =D
    Me too! It feels like a mini roller coaster. I especially love being on part of the ride while a parade is passing by.

• Disney Geek

My wife is scared of Mulholland Madness. She thinks the car is going to fly off the track.

Alice is one of my babies. I won't go into detail but be assured it's just about impossible to "derail" an Alice vehicle, so relax and enjoy the parade route view.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Haha, the leaf thing freaks me out too...especially when you look down and there is gaps.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• The "zip" in your doo dah

I've always really liked the fact that the Alice ride has that outdoor portion. It breaks up the frantic "dark-ride" portions of the ride - and those cascading leaves and fantasy foliage age so much to the que area.

However, it always amazes me that people get so freaked out by things like the ride down Alice's leaves, or Mulholland Madness, or the Sun Wheel (both of which bore me to tears). It's good to be reminded that we need many different types of rides for many different types of people.

Here's to rider diversity!!! Cheers!