Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Denise (Nbodyhome) Does DL - Micechat, NFFC, Wally Boag, Dream Suite, Wally Boag!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Surprisingly, I didn't take one photo at In and Out! By the end of my trip, I think I was there 5 times (twice on the Comic-Con day). Legally Brunette took me, and on a cupcake tour - though she makes the BEST cupcakes (everyone raved about her s'more cupcakes when I had some MC'ers over for dinner at my suite).

Next trip - I want to make sure to hit not only In and Out, but Suzy's Cakes again (my favorite cakes/cupcakes from our tour!)

I am glad you enjoyed the Club 33 pics, I have some more I'll eventually put up as well. I think I'll have more Disneyland Suite photos up tonight, while also putting more on my site. Plus I'll start with some NFFC photos and a report.
    You're sweet Denise! Cupcakes somehow always taste better when someone makes them. Has something to do with enjoying the sweet goodness without having to do any of the work

It was so great spending some time with you while you were out here. I'll definitely be scouting some new cupcake places for your next visit after I finish researching some bakeries for our next visit to DC

Great pictures! I can't wait to see the rest!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Denise (Nbodyhome) Does DL - Micechat, NFFC, Wally Boag, Dream Suite, Wally Boag!

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    You're sweet Denise! Cupcakes somehow always taste better when someone makes them. Has something to do with enjoying the sweet goodness without having to do any of the work

It was so great spending some time with you while you were out here. I'll definitely be scouting some new cupcake places for your next visit after I finish researching some bakeries for our next visit to DC

Great pictures! I can't wait to see the rest!
    LB -

Your S'more cupcakes really were amazing! Others have said that they were better than any cupcakes I purchased and shared.

Thank you so much for everything you did for me, I had a wonderful time! I hope to get to see you in DC! (though I definitely want to get back to Suzy's Cakes in CA!)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Monday the 14th, some friends and I went to the Burbank Studios. I posted a photo already (maybe two), here are a couple of others:

It really was a very cool experience, and I had no idea that it would normally be so hard to get into the Archives. I am a lucky girl!

One photo from Fantasmic that night:

The day after our Burbank day (we also had gone to Walts grave, In and Out Burger, etc.), the NFFC started. I have never been, but really had a great time in most of the seminars and events.

One of the first seminars had to do with the Happiest Street on Earth artwork that is sold at the Disneyana shop. It is really a pretty piece, I believe over 100 Disney characters.

There was also a seminar about the Disney Dream Suite, which some of us later got to tour (I did mention I was really lucky, right?)

On the 17th, the NFFC has a free day. However, there was an addition to the schedule of Tony Baxter announcing (officially) the soon-to-be-reopened Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through. I am very excited about this, I really miss it! We saw some artwork, as well as previous sculptures and artwork (from the original walk-through). They also talked about the upcoming 50th anniversary DVD which will be available on Blu-Ray.

A few more photos in the Dream Suite (I love nice bath products, so I made sure to take a photo of them!):

And one photo taken from Club 33:

And while I'm at it, one night photo at the HM (unfortunately, I didn't bring my tripod to the park but once or twice at night - too busy!) But I'll have a handful more of photos at night as the report progresses.

Last edited by nbodyhome; 07-30-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Here is another of my favorite photos from the trip:

(I will have more photos tomorrow)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Great pics Denise. Thanks so much for sharing. I have yet to check out your site but I keep meaning to. I think I'll go do that now!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Thank you! I haven't put up any DL ones from this trip yet, but will be doing that soon.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Denise, I know I've said it before, but your photos are amazing! I really, really love that picture from the Legends Plaza at the Disney Studios. The perspective from Roy and Minnie's bench makes for a really compelling photo. Looking at your pictures makes me realize how much more I have to learn about composition and storytelling. Thank you for sharing these here. And I'm looking forward to more.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

What can I say except what a thrill it was for a lowly MiceChatter like me - to meet the great and wonderful Denise at the noon meet on the 17th.

I have to admit that having worked directly under it for so long, I am jealous of anyone who gets an invitation to dine at Club 33. I do love your pictures of it, and everything else.

I hope to be able to spend more time in your presence again one day.

And I hope you enjoyed your time in Simi Valley (in Ventura County, where I reside). I must make it back to the Reagan Library again.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I've been running around from morning through after midnight, with little time for even catching up on sleep.
    As a friend of mine famously said years ago when I wanted to leave the club at midnight - "Wah wah wah, you can sleep when you're dead. Bring me another beer!"

I do have one minor complaint, Denise, although I'm not sure you can do anything about it. All those pics of who I assume are Micechatters, and no identifying names? It's nice to put the face with the name, if it's at all possible - thanks!

•   
    • Senior Minion

WOW! Awesome pictures! Love the one of the Haunted Mansion at night.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

I do have one minor complaint, Denise, although I'm not sure you can do anything about it. All those pics of who I assume are Micechatters, and no identifying names? It's nice to put the face with the name, if it's at all possible - thanks!
    Dan - I'm sorry, there are a couple of names I don't know (and I hate hurting anyones feelings!) I may be able to do some research and get the last 2 or 3, I just worry that someone will feel bad if I forgot them.

Armadillo - thank you so much, that is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

I hope to be able to spend more time in your presence again one day.

And I hope you enjoyed your time in Simi Valley (in Ventura County, where I reside). I must make it back to the Reagan Library again.

-- Barry
    Barry -

You are really fun, hopefully I get to see you again too! Also, I really like Simi Valley. A family member got married in that area last year, so I had 3 nights to enjoy it a year ago

Here is a photo of Barry from the 17th:

More photos from the NFFC:

Dick Hardwick, who was our entertainment for the NFFC banquet:

Jeff Kurtti, who spent about 90 minutes telling us about the Walt Disney Family Museum (which will open next year). The discussion sometimes turned to Bruce Gordon, who had a big part in the Museum (which should open later next year). More than anything, I'll remember JK turning serious and telling everyone to take care of their health. The museum itself is on the Presidio, which I first visited last year (it's a beautiful area).

Wally Boag was a highlight of the convention for me. I had helped with the Golden Horseshoe event in March, and was thrilled to get to meet him briefly. Wally was in fine form for the NFFC. What a treat, and to see his son Laurence again - the love between them is palpable, and the humor gene didn't stop with Wally. Gene Sands has been friends with Wally for 50 years, and is writing the upcoming book on him (hopefully out within a few months). Gene is a wonderful storyteller, and I told him that there should be an audiobook. Anyone who has heard Gene's voice would know why.

I will have some photos from the Lunch with a Legend later.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

oh wow, Denise...looks like you had an unbelievable time!!! You know I'm a sucker for your trip reports....and I LOVE the pictures!!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Great shots Denise!

I had a nice chat with Lawrence and Gene at the NFFC show. Lawrence is so cute. Really nice too! I think I have a crush now...

Love the close-up of Wally. What a precious man!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Great shots Denise!

I had a nice chat with Lawrence and Gene at the NFFC show. Lawrence is so cute. Really nice too! I think I have a crush now...

Love the close-up of Wally. What a precious man!
    They are both so very nice! Actually, all 3 - so wonderful.

I have photos ready to put up in the thread, I've just not gotten to it yet. I need to update my site too! I talked for quite some time with Gene at the show, I love his voice.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I have some photos up here now:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=46&Itemid=75

Those are of The Dream Suite, the anniversary, Tony Baxter and Club 33. I'll have more soon - it's taken me forever to add photos here (even though I have them ready in Photobucket)!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345