• Welcome Foolish Mortals

I have some ideas for Halloween at DL who can I submit them too, any ideas??

I have some ideas for Halloween at DL that would both be awesome and fairly easy and inexpensive, who can I submit them too, any ideas anyone??

I just dont want to blurt them out so if anyone knows who at DL I can submit some ideas too pls let me know.

This also gives me another idea they should have a ongoing contest where fans submit ideas for attractions/ rides for the parks and then they are voted on by popularity and if feasible are implemented and maybe on opening day the fan gets to be there for ribbon cutting ceremony and gets their name and likeness on a brass plaque for the attraction/ride for its entire life?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Re: I have some ideas for Halloween at DL who can I submit them too, any ideas??

sorry don't know who to contact (believe me I really wish i could too for some ideas) but i like your idea about fans and actually the possibility of our ideas turning into real things at disney parks! hope you find the person to contact!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: I have some ideas for Halloween at DL who can I submit them too, any ideas??

I suggest apply to work for WDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I suggest apply to work for WDI.
    I dont want to work there and I cant anyways I am disabled and they had a chance to hire me years ago and blew it lol :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• =)

WDI (and Disney as a whole) really can't afford to take unsolicitied suggestions from people outside the company--no matter how good the ideas are--just like any big corporation that produces creative output. Too many legal liabilities and so forth. So I'm afraid there isn't really a way to do this. Short of being hired there, that is, which you've expressed a lack of interest in. (On a side note, I doubt that a company like WDI would or legally could deny you employment simply because of your condition.)

EDIT: Also, WDI might not be directly in charge of things like this. I'm not totally savvy on the corporate structure of Disney, but I think Disney Design Studios tackles a lot of the smaller projects like this. Don't kill me if I'm wrong! Just loudly correct me instead.
    Last edited by Datameister; 07-20-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Yes I know this, that is most likely why you find alot of bonehead creative decisions at DL........

I have not interest in being employed for many many reasons the one above a main one, two I dont need any $'s and three I CANT work anywhere period as my disability limits me from doing anything but think in creative ways any more.....

I know Bob Gurr but I also know he would be no help in this matter these days as even the people who built all of the original DL want nothing to do with it now for reasons stated above! :-)

— Walt Disney

• First Time Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Yes I know this, that is most likely why you find alot of bonehead creative decisions at DL........

I have not interest in being employed for many many reasons the one above a main one, two I dont need any $'s and three I CANT work anywhere period as my disability limits me from doing anything but think in creative ways any more.....

I know Bob Gurr but I also know he would be no help in this matter these days as even the people who built all of the original DL want nothing to do with it now for reasons stated above! :-)

Disney won't accept any creative input from its fans because of many legal issues. If you sent an idea to WDI, it would be immediately thrown away. That way, if a guest's idea ever did become a reality, the guest could not possibly take credit for the idea.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

• Geoff London

It's also worth noting that when people have entered these competitions to become butler for a day at HM or Princess for a day etc and they have submitted materials / ideas,those items become the property of Walt Disney Corporation.Just thought I'd mention that. (It's in their small print).
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !