Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Work on Star Tours?

Ya i know :-\ I'm just quite hopeful. I think we all have been twidling our thumbs for much too long waiting for them to work on a new version Star Tours

• I like Turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by JK020489 View Post
    Ya i know :-\ I'm just quite hopeful. I think we all have been twidling our thumbs for much too long waiting for them to work on a new version Star Tours
    I'm not saying that they haven't been working on new Star Tours stuff I'm just saying the roof work is not related to that. I have friends inside of Lucasfilm who have told me they have been working on things.....That much I can say. As for when Star Tours 2.0 will start physically start taking shape within the park. My guess that it will be announced on the 55th but don't expect to see it on the 55th.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
    I'm not saying that they haven't been working on new Star Tours stuff I'm just saying the roof work is not related to that. I have friends inside of Lucasfilm who have told me they have been working on things.....That much I can say. As for when Star Tours 2.0 will start physically start taking shape within the park. My guess that it will be announced on the 55th but don't expect to see it on the 55th.
    I'd like to say and give a huge welcome to Undead Turtle! Information vs. guesswork provided a breath of fresh air in reading this thread!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by JK020489 View Post
    On the 17th with the information released about the redo of the walk through of the Castle Laughingplace.com, though now looking today I cant find the exact spot of the quote either meaning it may of been forceably removed, talked to Tony Baxter who said this: "[It's] a whole new galaxy. That's a hint."
    A lot of the "wishful thinking" posts about Star Tours 2.0 that are posted here are aimed squarely at those Management lurkers, trying to get a message across - You dummies! This is a 100% No-Brainer way to drive Park attendance for a summer! (Granted, you might want a another C or D ticket reason and open the projects together, but you can figure that out...) Get your tuchis in gear and get started!

Michael Eisner is out, and he was the major impediment to progress on this - George Lucas didn't want to deal with him, and from what I can tell of Michael's MO I don't blame him.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Minion

Yeah, it would be nice if it could be sped up a bit, but I'm sure it's coming soon.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney Geek

I am so excited. I am so ready for a Star Tours renovation!

I've said this before elsewhere: the text flashes below the big screen in the R2D2/C3PO room queue area occasionally says something like "New Destinations Coming Soon! Hoth, Tattoine..." and a few other places. I stoped and stared at it for a long time to make sure I was seeing that correctly - until somebody behind me in line yelled at me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    I've said this before elsewhere: the text flashes below the big screen in the R2D2/C3PO room queue area occasionally says something like "New Destinations Coming Soon! Hoth, Tattoine..." and a few other places. I stoped and stared at it for a long time to make sure I was seeing that correctly - until somebody behind me in line yelled at me. :-)
    Those have been there for as long as I can remember maybe 15 years or so :'( darn teases

• Animation Domination

As long as Star Tours 2 doesn't have Rex then I'll be very, very, very happy.

• I like Turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    I'd like to say and give a huge welcome to Undead Turtle! Information vs. guesswork provided a breath of fresh air in reading this thread!
    Thank You for the welcome. I just like to give information where I can. I've notice that alot of Disney Bashing happens because a lot of people believe all the rumors then get angry when those rumors don't happen. You have to remember that Star Tours 2.0 is only rumor right now. Sure they have been working on stuff but you all know Disney. They could all of the sudden change their plans. It's only news when Disney Announces it.

• Boat shoes all day long

Star Tours is not a timeless attraction. Although the line is themed with more detail than most and always looks great, the actual simulator and projection are struggling, and have been for quite some time. I disagree with 99% of the threads on MC calling out Disney for its blunders, lack of updates, and poor up-keep of existing attractions, but I will agree with anyone that says this attraction needs more than just a face lift.

I hope the folks in Glendale are working feverishly on the plans to overhaul this attraction - if not, I've got a very bad feeling about this!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
    I've notice that alot of Disney Bashing happens because a lot of people believe all the rumors then get angry when those rumors don't happen.
    So very true. Well said.

As for getting it done quickly... as much as I want to see an updated Star Tours, if they are going to do it, I want them to take their time on it and make sure every little detail is perfect. I'm kind of over the whole "build it to drive attendance" mentality that has seemed to pervade things of late. I will wait as long as they need in order to make it an absolutely stellar attraction.

Can you imagine how crazy the internet community would have gone had we been around back in the day when stuff like POTC or HM were being built?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

Rumors... what rumors... I know there is an Olympic size skating rink directly below Space Mountain that can only be accessed by a secret door in Star Tours... because someone's friend's uncle's girlfriend's sister's husband's friend said so!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Here Comes Trouble

Red Face Re: Work on Star Tours?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Rumors... what rumors... I know there is an Olympic size skating rink directly below Space Mountain that can only be accessed by a secret door in Star Tours... because someone's friend's uncle's girlfriend's sister's husband's friend said so!
    And don't forget about the super-secret even more exclusive than Club 33 club on top of Splash Mountain :O

http://www.mickeynews.com/Parks/Disneyland/Rumors.asp
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    And don't forget about the super-secret even more exclusive than Club 33 club on top of Splash Mountain :O
    http://www.mickeynews.com/Parks/Disneyland/Rumors.asp
    And of course we can't forget Walt's Cryogenic Capsule hidden on the park grounds - The superconducting wires wrapped around the capsule generate power to run the Park as Walt spins in his grave. I hear power production is down 50% now that Eisner and Pressler are gone...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast