Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

New 50th Event Gift

The email we got today said people were not pleased with the quality of the ticket tray we received as a gift from Disney and that they would be shipping new ones. Any clue what people were not pleased with?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Re: New 50th Event Gift

I talked to Event Services, and they explained that a number of people complained that the tray was not "special" enough. So, they are redoing the tray in an effort to make it more commerative.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• GO DBACKS!!

Does anyone have a pic of this tray? Just curious. It would be great if someone could post a pic of the new one when it arrives as well.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    Does anyone have a pic of this tray? Just curious. It would be great if someone could post a pic of the new one when it arrives as well.
    If you go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/50thevent.html#july17 and scroll up you will find it. You can also see everything else that went on that weekend!

Angry Re: New 50th Event Gift

I can't believe that people actually complained about this!!! My husband and I had to miss this event because of a family emergency and some of these people are going to complain about this tray that it wasn't special enough??? I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am to hear this. I can't even express how disgusted I am!!!! Those people really need to be ashamed.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

"Not Special Enough".....oh please...What?...Did they want Walts head on the tray?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    "Not Special Enough".....oh please...What?...Did they want Walts head on the tray?
    Personally, I think it is gorgeous as is! I love mine. I'm afraid if they start adding 50th logos to it, it will take away from the original "feel" of the tray.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I thought it was pretty cool when I got mine, and I can't imagine complaining about it, especially after the fantastic job that WDES did putting the entire event together. But their offer to send another gift just adds to the overall excellence of the entire event and really restores my faith in WDES. I'm really looking forward to my next Special Event from them!

--Jonathan

We think our plate is very special! Doom Bgi is correct, WDES did a great job with this event. I don't care what the next event is, just sign me up!

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Do you have to send back the original to get the new one? If so, KEEP THE OLD ONE. as all the IDIOTS will trade them in, the old ones will even be more unique.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Sad This is really sad...

I was NOT even expecting a gift, so you can imagine how happpily suprised I was to open the box and see the "ticket" charger.
    Yes, the application of the "ticket" to the bottom of the charger was a little blotchy in places, but it looks great on display on top of my armoire desk.
    Prior to the 50th, I was one of WDES biggest critics. However, I was blown away by the whole "Magical Memories" event and I think that WDES busted their rear-end to make this event a success.
    I am sorry to hear that they feel it is necessary to do something about the gift they GAVE to us.
    (shuffles off, thinking of a story he heard about a gift horse...)
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I was pleasantly surprised by the email today, too!

Most everything went real smooth during the many meets
    and programs for the Magical Moments event. And the
    show they produced for us on Saturday Night July 16th is
    the most remarkable stage show I have ever seen at DL.

Now, to clarify a few things, for people who did not attend
    this event. Approximately 2 or 3 weeks ago, an email
    was sent to attendees of the Magical Memories event. I don't
    know if it was sent to all attendees, or not. And I have no
    idea how many people responded to the email.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Disney taking the
    initiative to send an email to us, asking us to respond. By responding
    to the email, we were asked to take a short survey.

The Short Survey ask us to rate various specific portions of the
    entire event. Approximately a dozen different items were listed for
    us to rate on a scale good to bad, I recall a range of about 7 dots,]
    and for us to choose a rank for each of the items listed. There was
    even a place for us to offer additional comments about the event.

I figured they wanted honest answers, and was answering all my questions
    on the good side. Then the question came, specifically asking our opinion
    of the final commemorative gift. That one turned the tide. With the $$$
    paid for this event, and really a "once in a lifetime event" (their words, not mine)
    and taking into consideration, some of the other recent "gifts" for these
    merchandise events, (Pocket watch in a glass Dome display for ToT opening and
    and intricate porceline Nightlight for the Haunted Mansion Holiday even last year)
    I really was expecting more than an acrylic tray for the BIG 50th Celebration.

Honestly, the box it came in was nicer than the tray. So I did mention
    my feelings about this item. BUT, there were other parts of the event
    that I did rave about.

Don't be fooled, this was not some massive grass roots campaign designed
    to instill hostility because of a parting gift. In fact it was just the opposite.
    I have never had a gift horse ASK for my opinion! Not ever. Kudos to Disney!

But, you know what, i truly was not that extactic about the tray. And
    obviously, by Disney's response, I was not the only one feeling the same way.
    Don't misunderstand me, the tray I received on July 16 ain't ever going on ebay.
    I will value it as a part of the 50th celebration regardless.

I think the real story is how much Disney cared to do something in response.

• done

I actually wasn't surprised about the email asking for feedback, and yes, I would presume it went to all attendees. For every event that I've been to, they've always included a feedback sheet that you can complete and turn in at the end of the night. We noticed there was nothing like that with our packet for this event, but it would also make sense that their normal one-page questionnaire really wouldn't work for an event of this scope. The more detailed questionnaire was probably much more useful to them. The only thing is that with the online survey, there was no anonymity attached to your comments like with turning in a piece of paper, but that wasn't a concern for me.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Yes, the application of the "ticket" to the bottom of the charger was a little blotchy in places, but it looks great on display on top of my armoire desk.
    I noticed this right away as well, but then again I thought that it was part of the "charm" of the piece... it has an artsy "decoupage" sort of look to it. I don't know if it was intentional, but I thought it was cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I really was expecting more than an acrylic tray for the BIG 50th Celebration.
    Take another look, it's actually glass! Don't be fooled by the light weight (the sure test is to lightly tap it against your teeth, or with a metal object like keys). It's definitely glass, not acrylic or plastic.

--Jonathan

I talked to WDES today and they said there has been a problem with the supplier and the plates are now supposed to be delivered to DLR by the supplier on FEBRUARY 1, 2006, and will be shipped to event attendees shortly thereafter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast