Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Possible Parade of Dreams “Hiatus”

Don't know why this was moved to Community Outpost, but let's try this differently:

According to Screamscape:
    Park News - (7/22/08) According to Screamscape sources the Disneyland Parade of Dreams will go on hiatus sometime this fall to allow for the Main Street USA area to be resurfaced. The plan right now is to make up for this by holding Fantasmic offered nightly, with one performance on Mondays – Thursdays along with two shows on Friday – Sundays.
    Now, this is just pure speculation, but if this does happen around September or October, they will need a good deal of time to do the resurfacing of Main Street, so when it’s done, it will probably be time for a Christmas Fantasy Parade. So this “hiatus” could be the end for Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams, as it’s due to head off to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom next year.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Possible Parade of Dreams “Hiatus”

You know I don't like the idea of Parades going to other Disney resorts. To me Parade of Dreams,Block Party Bash,Pixar Play should be Disneyland excusivt [ms] as well as the Parades that WDW,DLP,HKD,&TDL. Once there done with them they need to retire them like they have done with the others in the past like Parade of the Stars. If I'm right I remember that I hear that from the Parade of the stars they still have the Blue Fairy's Float and Ariel's the rest I'm not to sure on. I could be wrong on the hold thing. But I don't want to see POD going to WDW. I do understand it has to go soon even though this is my favorite Parade out of all the ones I have seen. It can't go to WDW. This is my opinion.

O.K. that's fine. Besides, Fantasmic! is way better than POD (even if it HAS been around longer.)

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The POD went on hiatus before when they had to resurface the parade route from the Hub leading into Fantasyland. For weeks, there was a huge blue wall blocking the way into Fantasyland.

While I don't want the Parade of Dreams to leave, I know it's going to someday. The thing I really don't like about the rumored departure date is that it leaves Disneyland without a parade for a while. Let Florida wait and run their old parade until Disneyland's new parade is ready.

And all I can say is that they had better pay attention to detail for the new parade. I do not want to lose Parade of Dreams for a parade with no detail and very little creativity.

From what I've heard from my sources is that the repaving isn't suppose to start until after ACF. They will then repave and replace the track down main street until about March which is when POD will come back up for it's final run.

Yep. This will be right after Holiday. It'll be during Mansion's downtime, so probably January, and will be around 2-3 weeks. Then Fan! gets it's Winter Refurb again.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

It would be better if they do the resurface after the holiday season, they are still building up Halloweentime so it wouldn't make sense to start tearing up Main Street where a majority of the decorations are. Does anyone think that the Pixar Play Parade would start doing two performances so not everyone visiting would crowd to see the only daytime parade at the resort.

The last three posters are correct. I work in Show Support, and this was announced about a month ago. The re"paving" of main street will not take place until january after the ACF run. POD will be making a return after the work to the street is done with a complete remount of performers.

-SPACE

• Banned User

Don't mean to be OT here but out of curiosity, how often does it have to be resurfaced?

• Animation Domination

POD is a wonderful parade, but we all know that later a new parade will take over sometime soon.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Don't mean to be OT here but out of curiosity, how often does it have to be resurfaced?
    That's a good question. I always thought that the pavement on Main St now is the original, but I'm sure it's not. Although it is pretty old. It's quite cracked and broken up in many places. Plus that track needs to be replaced every so often. It will like quite nice once they are done with this.

This particular section has gone quite a long time without a complete re-pave.

Sorry to bump up an old topic, I didn't feel the need to make a new thread; anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows the exact dates the Parade of Dreams is going on hiatus? And when it does, will there be a parade that will replace it? (I know, it's a dumb question, but I'm just making sure anyway :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzdumb View Post
    Sorry to bump up an old topic, I didn't feel the need to make a new thread; anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows the exact dates the Parade of Dreams is going on hiatus? And when it does, will there be a parade that will replace it? (I know, it's a dumb question, but I'm just making sure anyway :P)
    Parade of Dreams will go down probably in November sometime for A Christmas Fantasy to start. Then after ACF ends in early January there will not be a parade since they are repaving Main Street. After they finish repaving Min Street POD will come back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast