• șoș Tom șoș

Minority Report Tech becomes reality...

How many of us watched Minority Report and saw Tom Cruise manipulate the computer with his hands as if it were child's play? That technology, a vision of future's fantastic may be closer to reality than we thought.

Computer giant and defense contractor Raytheon is working with MIT graduates on prototypes so close to reality, they showed there new toy off to a CBS news team. Before you think fiction is inspiring fact, remember Spielberg consulted cutting edge techies before filming Minority Report and this was one of the suggested ideas that would someday become reality. Reality in this case caught up much faster than anticipated.

The applications of this tech is endless but no more could be more apparent and more readily available then Tomorrowland.

Imagine the possibilities for games and interactive exhibits or even crowd control using this tech. What do you think? Ideas? Suggestions? Come on this is far more exciting then killer robots, I mean Asimo.

• Senior Minion

Re: Minority Report Tech becomes reality...

Didn't Sony also hint at this with their "imaginary PS8" where the person is actually in the game in a commercial a few years back?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Shubisha

Well kind of. It was some high number like that, PS9 or PS11 but they were advertising a playstation that was embedded into your brain and interacted with your neurocircuits and simulated reality...so it's a liiiiiitttle bit different than finger gloves to move around files and act as a mouse

• șoș Tom șoș

Either way this is the kind of tech Disney should be working with. This is far more intriguing to me than the Compaq exhibit currently residing in Innoventions. The applications for Disney in an entertainment aspect are incredible but more so the applications for Disney in regards to crowd control, fireworks, special effects, etc is even more tempting.

This is like the first time a mouse was introduced. It will revolutionize the way we interact with our computers. Suddenly mouses will fall by the way side as we combine tv and computers in our living rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    How many of us watched Minority Report and saw Tom Cruise manipulate the computer with his hands as if it were child's play? That technology, a vision of future's fantastic may be closer to reality than we thought.

Computer giant and defense contractor Raytheon is working with MIT graduates on prototypes so close to reality, they showed there new toy off to a CBS news team. Before you think fiction is inspiring fact, remember Spielberg consulted cutting edge techies before filming Minority Report and this was one of the suggested ideas that would someday become reality. Reality in this case caught up much faster than anticipated.

The applications of this tech is endless but no more could be more apparent and more readily available then Tomorrowland.

Imagine the possibilities for games and interactive exhibits or even crowd control using this tech. What do you think? Ideas? Suggestions? Come on this is far more exciting then killer robots, I mean Asimo.

OMG!!!! it's the REVOLUTION!!!!

anywho it might be cool if Disney could come up with some unique demos for it but for some reason I can't see them being THAT cutting edge :\

this type of control seems pretty nifty but I'd like to see more on user interphase design for it

I've seen alot of this type of thing on sci fi shows but I've never really felt attracted to this type of input device on the computer I just don't see it as efficient or practical just yet

but then again I suppose that's why it'd be nice to see in Tomorrowland were one could test it out for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Either way this is the kind of tech Disney should be working with. This is far more intriguing to me than the Compaq exhibit currently residing in Innoventions. The applications for Disney in an entertainment aspect are incredible but more so the applications for Disney in regards to crowd control, fireworks, special effects, etc is even more tempting.

This is like the first time a mouse was introduced. It will revolutionize the way we interact with our computers. Suddenly mouses will fall by the way side as we combine tv and computers in our living rooms.
    yeah it would be

especialy when one considers that almost all of what Compaq does is about the same as what any computer geek could do without even thinking about it (well except build notebooks I suppose because portables tend to not be built with standard parts)

if Innoventions had more cutting edge things that were more interactive it might be something to spend tons of time in (like Animation) but right now it's not

I don't know that this type of interphase would ever replace your computer mouse but having these type of actual tech demos would be great