• Picturing the Magic

Question Quick Question: Lightsabers at Disneyland??

I have seen them many times, and I am not talking about the cheapy $20 plastic ones that retract, etc., I am talking about the rather expensive Master Replicas ones that range from $100-130 (I know, I have 3 ). Something that has been bothering me for a long time is, every time I go, I see people walking around with these expensive ones at night, and wonder, "Where do people buy these in the park?" I am not sure if people just bring them in..don't know why they would be allowed to...and I don't see them in the Star Tours shop. I am not trying to or am interested in buying one, I would just like to know if they can be bought in Disneyland. If they are in the Star Tours shop, are they hidden? Is there a codeword to get them (haha)?

Please reply quickly, because I don't know if this thread specificly belongs here, but it should, since it's in Disneyland.

P.S. I can't find any info on the inter-webs.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Quick Question: Lightsabers at Disneyland??

To my knowledge, they are not sold in the park.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Check some stores in DD. I think I remember seeing replicas at Starbillias (Sp?) But that was a couple years ago, and I haven't been since.

• Picturing the Magic

Hmm, very weird that one could bring them into the park. The retractable ones atleast aren't such a hastle

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

star trader Ones you make your self?

Last edited by akfandisney; 07-24-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: add picture
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• is enjoying a ukulele.

If you're talking about the hilt only, it's sold at the exit shop of Star Tours. It's in the display case immediately to your right when you hit the shop. If you're talking about the one with the long halogen bulb on the end that lights up, then I have no idea.

I think it's also worth mentioning that you can build your own master replica hilt for a fraction of the price with simple plumbing materials.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Ive seen that too at night in NOS by ROA a group was faux battling with them and they were the full length $100 ones I thought i did see them for sale in the glass case area in star tours shop.... I suppose one could sneak them in under a long coat??

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• living to haunt

I purchased one for hubby on our last trip in December. It was at the star tours shop by the collectors items. They were so helpful wrapping it and getting it sent to the hotel so hubby didn't know about it. Nice piece of starwars stuff!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet