Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Cake Anyone?

Re: Big Birthday Trip to Disneyland, Universal and Disney Studios!

Your pictures are awesome, thanks for sharing.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Universal, aka Spongebob-land, they even have a "Build a Spongebob"!

Next up was another round of the Tram Tour! For some unknown reason, the 1st tram didn't go through the Earthquake attraction, fortunately the 2nd one (with the much more entertaining tour guide) did go through that "subway station".

The entry

It was the party tram!

It looks like they have done all the clean up, after the fire.

In this picture, you can see the courthouse, and the square, untouched by the fire, as well as the facades to the left. Everything on the other two sides was damaged by the fire, and hauld away.

The collapsing bridge isn't collapsing again, YET.

The dancing cars, unfortunately, were dancing around.

It looks like Mr Potatohead was abducted by Universal!

Universal is working on some sort of movie that places Hasbro Toys in the limelight. I think they mentioned a Monopoly movie. uggggg.

Just as Jurassic Park couldn't contain the dinosaurs in the movie, Universal has found it difficult to keep the dinos in their attraction, too! Our tram driver did the difficult, and managed to time the driving, to get our tour guide spat upon by the dinos!

these are miniature models by the "parting of the seas" set.

I don't recall the movie that these miniatures were used in, and didn't really care either.

Thankfully the 2nd tram I was on went through the earthquake area!

And that wasn't the only "damage" from the earthquake.

It just shows that Universal is just too dangerous a place for Pin Trading!

When we were driving through sets being used by production, our tram driver went into "quiet mode", as we drove through those areas, however
    he would hold up pre-printed signs, giving us a small idea of where we were going.

Some film students were sighted in the backlot.

The Cleaver family probably wouldn't mind all the flowers on the houses in their old neighborhood, but I don't think the Munsters would be pleased.

All the bright house colors were a little weird to see on these old familiar houses. I don't watch Desperate Housewives, but they must be a much different beaver bunch, than the ones who "lived" here in the fifties!

With so little space in the back lot, I'm really surprised that they keep Whoville around.
    (Don't tell Horton I said that)

Uh, oh, I hope that's not Lola!

I never saw the Tom Cruise "War of the Worlds" movie, but the set was impressive.

Awwwwwwe, Someone left their stuffed puppy "on the plane".

hmmm, after the Mummy tunnel, our driver appears to have had his hair burned off on the video monitor, BUT, look behind that blue clipboad, somehow the clipboard gained a full head of hair!

After the Tram tour, I stopped at an Italian restaurant, and had something similar to Chicken Fuscilli (a good size portion) , another side (which I don't recall) and a cookie.

Then I moved down to the lower lot

I watched few people get drenched on Jurassic Park

Then it was time for me to experience The Mummy. I tried to avoid any spoilers about this when it opened a few years ago. It is a fun little coaster, with a few quirks that I haven't seen on any other. Quite frankly, it puts California Screamin' to shame in the "theme" category.

Even as unique at The Mummy is, I still really miss the old ET attraction. Really too bad that they don't have room for both. They should have gotten rid of Backdraft instead, although thats probably a smaller building. There was a single rider line, and I practically walked on, twice in a row. Normal wait time was listed at 30 minutes, at that time.

They did require you to place your loose bags, etc in lockers (which were free for 1 1/2 hours) There lockers don't give you a secret number, they use your fingerprint.

Since I was on the lower lot I decided to do the special effects/sound stage. It really hadn't changed much, since my trip 5 years ago.

The lower lot street.

Before leaving the lower lot, I grabbed another sandwich, pizza hut bread sticks and a cookie, to try and get my monies worth out of the all you can eat. It was closing in on 9pm, and I really wanted to go on the Simpsons one more time, which I did.

On the way through City Walk (which was extremely busy) I stopped in Popcornopolis and got some cinnamon Popocorn!

That did it for Day 3. Coming up next, The Disneyanna Sale (for the NFFC Convention) and a little more of DL!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-24-2008 at 09:13 PM.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures of USH!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great pictures. I've missed the earthquake set on the backlot tour the last 2 times also. The plane crash from war of the worlds was impressive. Last time we went the had a Norman Bates chase the tram with a knife. Good stuff.

Agreed too about the Mummy Ride. Not a great roller coaster persay but amazingly themed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Oh, to add, I'm not sure I would do the "All you can eat" thing again. I just can stomach that much food! Maybe it I was still in my 20's and had that appetite, THEN it would be worthwhile!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures and report so far. I was sorry to read of Lola's demise but you never know it could have been her sister. I can't wait to see and read the rest of your birthday trip.

Since summer began (middle of May for us) how many days have you spent in CA?

• Goofy

great pictures aladdin, do they still have the earthquake ride?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

On Sunday July 20, the NFFC had their annual Disneyana Show and Sale. If you are looking for anything Disney, this is a great place to find it. Items from Disney Parks all over the world, old Disney collectable items, you name it, Disney voice character actors, retired Disney performers, Disney artists of all sorts!

One of the nicest surprises was to talk to Mr Jantzen, who publishes "The E-Ticket Magazine" Had a table at the Disneyana Show and Sale! (Despite what was thought and said prior to the Sale) Yes, the E-Ticket Magazine site is up again. Yes, There is still one more issue, #46, that he is still working on.

It was so nice to talk to him in person, and say thanks for his nearly 20 years of pubilishing the magazine. He seemed genuinely sad to move on, but the time was right. He felt that all the articles the magazine published, covered all the topics it was meant to cover. Check his site out for the details.

Imagineering had a large area with merchandise usually exclusively available to Imagineers! I also saw Nbodyhome at the Jeff Lange booth!

Robert Olswewski had a large area, too. He had his entire Main Street DL on Display, with an addition - the House of Tomorrow, in its original location.

He also had several new shadow boxes on display, which are not yet in the Disneyana Shop on Main Street. The actual lighting in some of these is not necessarily as it appears in these photos, since I had to use my flash to take these pictures. They are all beautifully done.

Cruella

Aladdin and Jasmine

Ariel

ooops, the flash hid part of this, it's the Mad Tea Party,
    With Hatter, Alice, and crew, amazing!

and now the astounding TIKI ROOM!

He also had a display case with some new items, vases set in an acrylic or crystal like case

The sale was open to the public at 11am and, well I was there until after 3pm! Originally, I was hoping to get to the meet at noon. Really wished I would have seen everyone who was at the meet, but I will be back again in August.

I did go back to DL, and hit a few attractions, the went to White Water Snacks for Chicken Nachos! MMmmmmm! Once again, the previous kitty that greeted me, showed up, and a couple minutes later, these two small kitties showed up!

I did go back to DL and YAY! I was finally able to get my Certificate of Survival from the Haunted Mansion!!!!!! YAY!!!! The Cast Member who gave me the Certificate also told me that a new version was coming out. I inquired about that and he said that legal was looking at the current Certificate! At that point I thanked him for the certificate, but I was beginning to think that he was just pulling my leg with the "lawyer line"! Either way, I think it's really funny!

While in the doom buggy, I stopped right in front of the 5 singing busts! I tried taking a picture, but even with a dead stop, this is the best I could do:

Next up was Fantasmic!

I really can't believe how well this picture turned out from my camera, as it usually doesn't do too well at night shots.

The fireworks were next, and as alway wonderful! Then it was back to my hotel, for my final night, before check out!

BUT the best is yet to come, a visit to the Disney Studios!!!!!!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-24-2008 at 10:50 PM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Keep them coming Aladdin! This is great stuff
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Great pictures and report so far. I was sorry to read of Lola's demise but you never know it could have been her sister. I can't wait to see and read the rest of your birthday trip.

Like I said, I HOPE it wasn't Lola!!!!

Number of days in DL and CA , I don't count the number of days anymore

That's Why I don't feel bad that Universal gave me a California Resident discount, plus some!

Oh, I forgot to add I did see the 5:50pm show of Aladdin, and I was able to sit almost dead center
    in the front row!

Which was only more fun, because I was wearing the exact same shirt that the Genie wears at the very end. And yes! He did take notice of me at the end of the show!!!!! that was fun! It would have only been more fun if I could have gotten a picture with him in person. But, regardless it was still a great time!!!

Oh, Oh, One MORE thing, I did wear a birthday button on Sunday in DCA, but was very surprised when going through the tortilla factor. They did wish me a happy birthday, but I got just the regular one tortilla. Oh, well no biggie. Maybe there was some sort of Tortilla shortage.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-24-2008 at 11:04 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    great pictures aladdin, do they still have the earthquake ride?
    Yes, it's still in the same building. I do have a picture from inside the building (the broken column), after the picture, there are a couple pics of the tour guide, with his lanyard over his head, and sunglasses askew. The guide really played it up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Awesome trip report!!! And you have some great pictures too. I especially love your PPP photos. Thanks for sharing!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

When I left DCA on Sunday, there were some new ears that I found in the front part of "Greetings" take a look at these:

Not only the ears , but the eyes, nose, part of the mouth, and the Sorcerer Hat!

And this one, hahaha, Mickey's shorts, and his tail sticking out of the very top!
    I suppose you give this one to somebody if they are a butt head! hahahahaha

And for Minnie

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    All but 8 days, those were drive days. Go home Todd....um I mean come home. Great TR.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report, can't wait to see the studios pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast