Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Duane

Tomorrowland Terrace Closing?

Who is disgusted that Disneyland has eliminated the live bands from the Tomorrowland Terrace stage during weeknights? They are now offering bands only on the weekends! We are about to travel from North Carolina to visit Disneyland next week and I recently discovered the entertainment cut. I was so mad I wrote Guest Communications a complaint letter and only got the political excuse in return. Their response stated that they were sorry for my my disappointment but would like to invite me to experience some of their other entertainment instead. If they're going to cut their past offerings, I'd like to have a reduced ticket price. What is Disney thinking? They have completely eliminated the bands which used to perform in DCA's Wharf area, I wonder how long it will be until the Tomorrowland Terrace stage shutters???

• no flash photography...

Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Closing?

maybe it's a supply and demand thing. The summer weekdays were very slow. It makes sense the bands wouod be cut to weekends...if it's still slow.

I went 4th of july weekend and it was like the off season.

• Former Sub Helmsman

Hrm....funny.

Cutting bands on weeknights?

Heard Reunion playing tonight when I was leaving.

T

• Duane

I had a family member visiting the Disneyland resort a couple of years ago during the July 4th Holiday and he also said it was slow. It looks like the locals stay away from the parks on the 4th. I visited Disneyland last August and the Tomorrowland Terrace had big crowds every night while the bands played. It's not only Disneyland cutting back on live bands, Disney World is following the same routine. They have cut "American Vybe", an acapello singing group in EPCOT, as well as the West Side Stage bands at Pleasure Island. Disney World also used to have live bands at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk but they have now turned it into a disco which plays ghetto type music. I visited the Atlantic Dance Hall a couple of weeks ago around midnight and there were only about 10 people in the whole place! This is pretty sad since the capacity is around 600. Directly beside of the Atlantic Dance Hall is a dueling piano bar with live music called Jelly Rolls. They were packed to the limit and had a wait to get in the building. Looks like Disney better wake up quick. People really enjoy live music while vacationing.

• Duane

Quote Originally Posted by tokarrai View Post
    Hrm....funny.

Cutting bands on weeknights?

Heard Reunion playing tonight when I was leaving.

T
    Just go the the Disneyland website and check the entertainment schedule for August.

• Former Sub Helmsman

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Who is disgusted that Disneyland has eliminated the live bands from the Tomorrowland Terrace stage during weeknights? They are now offering bands only on the weekends!
    My apologies. I wasn't aware by you're posting that you were talking about in August.

I assumed you were talking about NOW, as stated in your post. And now, Reunion is playing on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. (Okay, maybe not right NOW, but this evening).

Apologies once again for my misunderstanding.

T

• Queen Elsa

The bands are playing on week days. We where there last Monday and Tuesday July 14th and 15th as well as July 9th and 10th. And we are going back on Aug. 11th and 12th. So the bands are still playing on week days.

• Duane

Wow, my post must have created some pixie dust! I just checked the August entertainment schedule again and Disneyland has added live bands during the week at the Tomorrowland Terrace. My family and I will now get to see the bands August 3-8. See you there!!!

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

So I am going to assume that since they have added the bands, you took the time to write a thank you letter to guest relations?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

If they're going to cut their past offerings, I'd like to have a reduced ticket price.
    Like you, I really hope that Disney keeps everything the same so that they don't have money to add anything new. Man, I hope that they upped the ticket price on the day that Toy Story Mania opened!

Use your brain.

• Duane

Actually, ticket prices have increased so your wish is granted.

• Duane

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    So I am going to assume that since they have added the bands, you took the time to write a thank you letter to guest relations?
    As a matter of fact, I did write a thank you letter. We were actually considering cancelling our trip but have now decided to go as planned. Maybe my complaint letter helped motivate Disney management into bringing bands back to the the Tomorrowland Terrace during the week. If you're one of the guests who enjoy the live music, feel free to write me a thank you letter for helping to bring back the bands.

double post

no i think you just over reacted. Sometimes the website is not up to date when it comes to live entertainment like that.

Glad you are happy again enjoy your trip but just remember that Disney has no obligation to maintain a certain entertainment schedule to please every one of the millions that visit the resort. All entertainment is subject to cancelation without warning and they do not have the obligation to issue discount or refunds.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Who is disgusted that Disneyland has eliminated the live bands from the Tomorrowland Terrace stage during weeknights? They are now offering bands only on the weekends! We are about to travel from North Carolina to visit Disneyland next week and I recently discovered the entertainment cut. I was so mad I wrote Guest Communications a complaint letter and only got the political excuse in return. Their response stated that they were sorry for my my disappointment but would like to invite me to experience some of their other entertainment instead. If they're going to cut their past offerings, I'd like to have a reduced ticket price. What is Disney thinking? They have completely eliminated the bands which used to perform in DCA's Wharf area, I wonder how long it will be until the Tomorrowland Terrace stage shutters???
    I never spent a lot of time enjoying the awful bands that have made their way to the Tomorrowland Terrace. It's always been background noise. And usually not even very good background noise.

As a matter of fact, I did write a thank you letter. We were actually considering cancelling our trip but have now decided to go as planned. Maybe my complaint letter helped motivate Disney management into bringing bands back to the the Tomorrowland Terrace during the week. If you're one of the guests who enjoy the live music, feel free to write me a thank you letter for helping to bring back the bands.
    Wow, you were considering cancelling a trip to Disneyland. Over the lack of a band. At Tomorrowland Terrace. I get that you enjoy live music, but why a trip to DL then? Why not a vacation to somewhere that specializes in live music?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast