Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red Face Proposal. Ideas, Help!!!

Hi all.

I plan to travel to the U.S. in April '09 to propose to my beautiful girlfriend at Disneyland. We are both Australian and she will already be in L.A. for work with her family. She has no idea I will be coming to America so the last thing she will expect on a family trip to Disneyland is ME..... and a DIAMOND!!!

The perfect scenario would be for her to be lured to a planned locating by her family (who know I'm coming) and surprise her with not only my presence but the proposal at the same time with possibly some character interaction.

The problem is, I have no knowledge of the park and don't know how to pre-plan anything with the park staff/characters from here in Australia.

I have read about some places in the park that other people have proposed at, ie: The Bridge in front of The Castle & The Wishing Well. Ideally it would be somewhere quiet and private with a view of the Castle.

I have thought that if her family could get her to the Wishing Well, Cinderella could hand her a glass slipper with a note in it and say "This does not fit me, it must be yours!" The note would contain an Australian dollar coin and read "Throw the coin in the well, close your eyes and think of someone you love." As she closes her eyes, I'd approach her, take her hand, drop to one knee and pop the question!!!

What do you think?
    Is the Wishing Well a good spot?
    What are my chances of getting help from a "character"?
    Are there any other great locations?

Any help would be VERY gladly received.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Proposal. Ideas, Help!!!

OH!

And can you go in/up the Castle????

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    OH!

I can answer this one, nope you can't. Not yet at least.

I'm not sure if characters could help you, I'm not the most experienced in that. But the idea sounds really cute. Good luck!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

If you are looking to have character interaction, the only way you'll be able to do that is through Disney. You can contact the Disney Wedding people for more info on that.
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...meWeddingsPage

The wishing well is a nice quiet spot for the most part and is in view of the castle, if a castle view is a requirement then that'd be where I would go with as in front of the castle is overly crowded and won't give you the seclusion you're looking for. I think you have a great plan for the proposal as well just be sure to coordinate with her family.

As for going into the castle, currently no, but you mention April of '09 and I believe that the Sleeping Beauty Walk-thru will be reopened by then, but I could be wrong.

As for anywhere else, there are many places to propose. I proposed to my wife in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    As for anywhere else, there are many places to propose. I proposed to my wife in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.
    If I could choose where my proposal (whenever that may be) would be, thats where I would choose. Good choice lol.

for going into the castle, currently no, but you mention April of '09 and I believe that the Sleeping Beauty Walk-thru will be reopened by then, but I could be wrong.

What do you mean? Where will you be able to access?

• In my own neverland

The Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough entrance is on the Fantasyland side of the castle. You enter on one side and walk through several dioramas and them come back down the other side. I don't suggest proposing in there though because if I remember there isn't a whole lot of space.

I love your idea with getting Cinderella invovled with the glass slipper. I'm sure she will be overwhelmed with excitement no matter how you propose! Good luck!

To get a character involved, can you pre-plan it or do you just try to grab one just before the moment?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

To get a character involved, can you pre-plan it or do you just try to grab one just before the moment?
    You better pre-plan that one. Telling a character just to give someone a ring might not fly and this is something important. Good Luck!

The Future....oooooooo :waves arms around:

OH!

You actually will beable to but only for the Holiday season in December
    "If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?" Grey's Anatomy- Dr. Grey
    Guest asked me where she could find the missing Mickey.

Kicked some serious beaver butt!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^Where did you hear that? As far as I know, the Castle is currently closed, but will reopen later this year, and I don't think that it's seasonal...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great ideas! I loved the wishing well one. Good luck, although I'm sure you won't need it

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

You can often get a regular CM to help "make some Magic happen" on short notice, they might have to check with their supervisor first but it is done.

But if you want a Character involved (like Cinderella) you really need to work it out ahead of time. And they are rather protective of their characters, they may have restrictions and conditions you need to follow.

Example, you can arrange for a wedding at the DL Hotel and come into Disneyland to take wedding pictures in your finery - but they enforce the contract, they send a wedding coordinator in with you and the photographer, you get to the locations, get only the photos you are allowed to take, and they get you out.

They don't care if you have regular tickets or Annual Passes, go change into regular street clothes and come back later. But the Bride and Groom Hats (Mickey ears on a top hat, Minnie ears with a veil) are allowed, and people will figure it out soon enough.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Rock Star Minion

OH!

Is that some kind of Australian euphemism? If so, I think DL management frowns on that sort of behavior in the parks.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Is that some kind of Australian euphemism? If so, I think DL management frowns on that sort of behavior in the parks.
    Stop getting all up in his Castle. Bully.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast