• Knows Where His Towel Is

I need your help!

So I have a very special female friend who absolutely LOVES Disneyland. She's not a complete fanatic like I am, but enjoys it nonetheless. The problem now is that she considers me to be just a friend; I believe that DL would be the perfect place to change her mind. The question is: how? What must I do to win the fair lady's heart? Help me!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: I need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    So I have a very special female friend who absolutely LOVES Disneyland. She's not a complete fanatic like I am, but enjoys it nonetheless. The problem now is that she considers me to be just a friend; I believe that DL would be the perfect place to change her mind. The question is: how? What must I do to win the fair lady's heart? Help me!
    Take her to a MiceChat meet. After seeing all the people there she'll realize you are the one she wants!

Seriously, if you already know she's a big fan you are a huge step ahead of most. Does she have an annual pass? You know the good rides for getting close to people, try some of those. Act natural.

Good luck!

• Banned User

hey, just have fun and relax, if she wants more she will go for more, if not your only letting your self up for a big fall. you both love the park, enjoy it like best friends should. love comes from being best friends, thru the beginning until the end. go and enjoy and do not stress changing her.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does she KNOW you'd like to consider her more than a friend. You'd be surprised how much the truth works in these situations.

Be yourself Aladin!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

^ The answer is...kind of. I asked her out a couple of years ago but I think she thought I was joking. Laughed, anyway. We've been friends since middle school, so I know her pretty well.

...and yes, she has an AP.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Just ask her to go and see what evolves. The fireworks and the twinkly lights can work wonders on a girl.
    A signature should go here.

• Here Comes Trouble

If you've been friends that long, then you're obviously close to one another so it shouldn't be too difficult to find reasons to sit close to each other, "accidentally" bump hands or feet on a ride, and just laugh together, relax and have fun. Maybe go for a cocktail at Ariel's Grotto at the right time of day (when the sun is just right). The point is stay releaxed and see what happens. It could be that she hasn't considered more with you because you're a friend.

In the evening, buy her one of those lighted roses they sell with the balloons...a fun thing to break that ice maybe?
    Last edited by kristibaer; 07-25-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

[quote=Hakuna Makarla; love comes from being best friends, thru the beginning until the end. go and enjoy and do not stress changing her. [/quote]

Good advice right there.

The answer is...kind of. I asked her out a couple of years ago but I think she thought I was joking. Laughed, anyway. We've been friends since middle school, so I know her pretty well.

...and yes, she has an AP.
    I had a girl that was a friend since Jr high. In high school we became good friends and started going to Dland together AS FRIENDS. Five years ago I purposed to her at Snow White's wishing well. We've been married for
    3 1/2 years now, it's wonderful, and we still go to Dland all of the time. It's a magical place.

But definitely be yourself, sounds like she knows you pretty well, so if you try to impress, she'll know your acting.

Jimmy

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Good advice right there.

I had a girl that was a friend since Jr high. In high school we became good friends and started going to Dland together AS FRIENDS. Five years ago I purposed to her at Snow White's wishing well. We've been married for
    3 1/2 years now, it's wonderful, and we still go to Dland all of the time. It's a magical place.

But definitely be yourself, sounds like she knows you pretty well, so if you try to impress, she'll know your acting.

Jimmy

My girlfriend and I started off as friends going to DLR together. I really liked her and one night when we were at the park and I just went for it. I was nervous but I kind of felt that she liked me as well. I started to tell her how I felt and I built up the courage to hold her hand. We have been together for 3 years now. My thing is just go for it. Go big or go home. There is no point in waiting around. You just have to build up the courage and tell her. I know it's hard because I wanted to do it for months but just kept backing down. I think that being at Disneyland helped me a lot because of how special it is. Even she is not that big of a DL freak. Make sure you do it at night. It is always more special at night. Go for it and good luck. I hope to see a new post on hear that she feels the same way and you guys are dating now.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll put it to good use next week.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Is she the kind of girl who knows you well enough that she would know if you were behaving in a way that isn't natural? That is key - if you want to do something special, it still has to seem like it is YOU that is doing it. You don't want her going home and saying to another friend "wow, I had the best time today with (you) and it was so sweet. He's going to make someone a great boyfriend" or "If only I could find a guy who treats me as great as (you) did tonight!"

But if you can act naturally, there is always the "treat her like a princess." Take her to the park and get her a tiara clip upon entering. Let her pick her favorite rides and if she wants to watch the parade, do that. Set up lunch somewhere you both like (or go all out and do the Blue Bayou). Just really make it "her day" so she has the best time possible and realizes that she is having this wonderful time WITH YOU. If the feeling is right, bring it up towards the end of your day. I have to agree with others - if she knows you, she should know how you feel.

Good luck!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"