Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Harriet Burns Passes Away

I had the pleasure of knowing Harriet Burns well since the early 1970's. She was a true "class act" of a person in every since of the word. With her wonderful and graceful Texan drawl and hospitality...she could charm the skin off an alligator. And what a talent.

Some of my favorite times in my long life have been with Harriett (often accompanied by fellow Imagineer friends Fred Joeger and Blaine Gibson) walking Disneyland and dining at Club 33.

And no matter how long or short our visits were, there would always be a kind letter or notecard of "Thanks" arriving in the mail shorty thereafter. Always. And she made it a point to always stay in touch.

A class act.

I'll miss her. And my condolences go out to her many family and friends.

Here's an article that was put on the SF Gate about the visioneer:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...9D19.DTL&tsp=1

• Senior Minion

I went to the Carolwood barn last month and saw her there too, I talked to Bob Gur a bit, but I didn't really get a chance to talk with her. It is very sad.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Resident of the Caldera

Harriet was a classy woman, with never a negative word about anyone. Everytime we met she always asked about my wife and daughter. Saw her last at the Doombuggies.com Swinging Wake event at the Blue Bayou at the end of February. 79 isn't a bad age!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12