Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

How about an actual California-themed ride in DCA?

Hey, I just had the funniest thought! How about an actual California-themed ride in Disney's California Adventure?

Disney originally built DCA because they obviously felt that the state of California had enough history, scenery and resources to make a worthwhile amusement park. They must have known the park would eventually need fresh ideas and expansion to keep it exciting, right? So why are we not hearing about DCA attrations from TDA that actually have something to do with California? Didn't the Imagineers who built this park have all sorts of ideas for future rides and shows? Why are they throwing in Pixar characters and tie-ins that have nothing to do with the park's theme?

I know there may be plans to re-name and re-think the park, and as much as part of me would relish someting else like DineySea, I still think Disney comitted to building and maintaining a quality tribute to California, which is not exactly an awful idea had it been done well. Can't they think of some new exciting attractions based on the Golden State?

What about the Gold Rush, the old San Francisco era and other aspects of the state? Surely they must have had future plans mapped out...or am I over-estimating? The newest attraction to hit DCA will be Monsters, Inc. which not only has nothing to do with California but nothing to do with the Hollywood Backlot it's been placed in.

Some of you might think I'm flogging a dead horse here but I still think the California theme has potential with enough money and enough good relating ideas.

Any ideas out there on an interesting CA attraction?

• Wonderful World

Re: How about an actual California-themed ride in DCA?

I agree with you about the California Gold rush they could have a mine ride.Also I think they should have a surfing ride on the ocean/lake thingy
    I'm back MiceChat

They should put a ride about hollywood in Hollywood Backlot. It could be a rollercoaster that takes you around hollywood and all the fames places.

Anyway I agree that DCA should have rides about california and not movies or copys of rides from other parks.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

...like Knott's & USH, both featuring the things you'd like to see at the DLR....?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Thumbs up Re: How about an actual California-themed ride in DCA?

I've always felt Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco would make a great themed area that connects to California. You could have a whole nautical area with a Boat Chase ride through San Francisco. Add why not bring over the Aquatopia and Storm Rider from Tokyo Disney Sea to fill in the area a little bit? And of course, a Seafood restuarant right by the docks.

I agree there's still a way to salvage this theme but we need more rides and we need them built fast but not cheap like everything else in DCA.

I had the same thoughts about a Gold Rush themed ride too. Sounds like I'm not alone.

Where are all the audio-animatronics in DCA?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah

Where are all the audio-animatronics in DCA?

Ding, ding! I forgot to mention that! A very important missing Disney element!

• oh bugger

It really seems like DCA is full of amazing potential and until it begins to realize that potential, or the suits in Burbank realize actually what that potential could be for their pocket book, then DCA will continue to lag behind.

It really seems like each section of the park needs major work. Parks evolve and change over the years, but you have to start with something. DCA started with so little to offer, and that might be fine if it were built in Oregon, but not next to the first and pretty much the best theme park in the world.

I see potential in every area of the park, especially areas like the Bountiful farm and Paradise Pier, mainly because they lack so much. Each land of the park needs an E ticket, simple as that. Each area should have at least 1 E ticket and then... where are the D ticket rides in this park, the ones that swallow crowds up all day long and provide quality long term family entertainment along the lines of Haunted Mansion and Pirates?

I like the mine train idea, I also like the aquatopia or maybe one of those water/rollercoast hybrids in the warf area, just put it through a canery or something, it'd be better than a tortilla factory.

I look forward to seeing the park in 10 years to see how it has changed, whether or not the California theme has been dropped or not. DCA is the park we all love to hate, but we also don't want to hate it, we all want to see it succeed and for it to become the park it was meant to be.

The single biggest signal that D.C.A. is truly a Disney park would be the use of Audio-Animatronic puppets in Attractions directly related to California.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Lover
    Hey, I just had the funniest thought! How about an actual California-themed ride in Disney's California Adventure?
    I would say Soarin' Over California is about as California themed as you can get.

• Hooterville, USA

How about a ride called I-5. It would be alot like Autopia, but gridlocked. Then drivers would be encouraged to flip off other drivers while brandishing a handgun or two. It could be fun for the whole family! Just imagine cutting other drivers off, or making fun of the "old" drivers. Or, driving while talking on your cell phone and holding traffic up! Now that would be a real California ride.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    How about a ride called I-5. It would be alot like Autopia, but gridlocked. Then drivers would be encouraged to flip off other drivers while brandishing a handgun or two. It could be fun for the whole family! Just imagine cutting other drivers off, or making fun of the "old" drivers. Or, driving while talking on your cell phone and holding traffic up! Now that would be a real California ride.
    You beat me to it, Druggas, I was going to suggest the exact same thing, only the 91 Fwy!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    You could combine that concept with AstroBlasters technology and shoot the cell phones in other cars, or shoot out the tires... Maybe have "overpasses" where people could shoot at you as you drive under, and you'd have to dodge them...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Senior Minion

Isn't the Paradise Pier theme supposed to be themed after Santa Monica and Santa Barbara?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    I would say Soarin' Over California is about as California themed as you can get.
    Yes I agree, HydroGuy. DCA opened with a handful of California-themed rides like Soarin', which was great. But every ride and attraction SINCE the park opened has been void of any California theming (Bug's Land, Monsters Inc, now possibly Cars). That was my point: where are the NEW California rides they had in the works to keep this park fresh? Surely TDA wasn't just going to throw Pixar stuff in there and leave it at that!

Then again...who knows?

• Minion

Hollywood backlot area is definately a california themed area...I just wish they would do more to that area!!
    I also agree that the paradise pier area NEEDS a ride on the water!!! Or under the water...whatever... but it NEEDS something!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast