Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Once Upon a Time...

I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile, adding just a little bit to it every now and then. With the Maliboomer's slated removal later this 2009, what should be its replacement? There were rumours of a Coney Island style parachute attraction, but those were quickly scrapped. With nothing currently planned for that area, what can be put there? My idea-a tunnel of love.

On another thread, a poster asked, what is the most romantic ride? I, myself, couldn't think of one immediately. So it got me thinking of an attraction that was for couples but also family friendly. First of all, the boardwalk games would have to be demolished, as well as the walkway becoming narrower. The show building would connect with TSMM, sharing the same architecture. Guests board two-seater swans for an intimate experience and begin by entering a heart shaped door, down into the darkness. Bruce Springsteen's Tunnel of Love is played as guests float to the first scene. The Prince is about to give Snow White the kiss that will wake her in a forest scene with woodland creatures watching. The song, Some Day My Prince Will Come is played as Snow White awakes from her slumber. The remainder of the ride will consist of these scenes and music:

-Prince Charming placing the glass slipper on Cinderella/So This is Love
    -Lady and the Tramp slurping up spaghetti which leads to a kiss/Bella Notte
    -Belle and the Beast dancing/Beauty and the Beast
    -Aladdin and Jasmine fly on a magic carpet/A Whole New World
    -Simba and Nala nuzzle on a rock in the night sky/Can You Feel the Love Tonight
    -Pocahontas and John Smith/Colors of the Wind
    -Tarzan and Jane swing through vines/You'll be in my Heart

And for the grand finale, your swan enters a hallway of the Axiom and looking out the windows, you will see WALL-E and EVE dancing in space while It Only Takes a Moment plays. It would be kind of like that part in BLAB when you are going through that warp thing. This would be done with dome screens and projections unlike the AAs used for the other parts. You then pull back into the station.

I know it's really rough and sloppy but I just thought i'd share. There's no story as of now, which is the main problem. Your thoughts/opinions?
    Last edited by Indiana_James; 07-26-2008 at 10:05 PM.

• Defying gravity

Re: Once Upon a Time...

Not sure about the Bruce Springsteen music, but other than that, the concept sounds like a good idea to me. I'm always up for attractions featuring the classic Disney characters.

• Banned User

I honestly don't think Wall-E and Eve belong in this sort of setting. I think a Tunnel of Love type attraction should only include timeless and iconic scenes, and Wall-E hasn't even left theaters yet. Plus the Axiom would throw off the continuity of the attraction.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Not sure about the Bruce Springsteen music, but other than that, the concept sounds like a good idea to me. I'm always up for attractions featuring the classic Disney characters.
    Yeah, you could probably cut the Bruce Springsteen music out. I haven't even heard his music but I know he has a song called that.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I honestly don't think Wall-E and Eve belong in this sort of setting. I think a Tunnel of Love type attraction should only include timeless and iconic scenes, and Wall-E hasn't even left theaters yet. Plus the Axiom would throw off the continuity of the attraction.
    awwww, but they are the best Disney couple by far!

I honestly don't really like the idea..because I don't think Disney should encourage those kind of things on rides..haha. But I'd be all for a ride there with a flume! And it's backstory could be that it used to be a tunnel of love but was converted into something else...

• Senior Minion

I think the Little Mermaid is going to kind of fill the tunnel of love void for PP.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    awwww, but they are the best Disney couple by far!

I honestly don't really like the idea..because I don't think Disney should encourage those kind of things on rides..haha.
    Which IMO is the main reason the Davey Jones effect was added to the cave in POTC!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I agree - not sure about Springsteen being features musically - but everything else seems good.

However.....seems like the 'romantic' rides of the past have been removed already - Inner Space, PeopleMaker <ahem> PeopleMover that is.....etc. I think my reference to 'PeopleMaker' is a reason for this........maybe not...HAHAH

Like your idea, though.

Although the parks definitely DO need more Bruce Springsteen music...Bruce's "Tunnel of Love", although beautiful and a masterful piece of art, it not a happily romantic song that the title might suggest.

Springsteen uses this ride as a metaphor for a new marriage. The feelings of fear, helplessness, nervousness, the unpredictability that come with the vows and new obligations. Two people are embarking on a journey that neither one has even been on before. In the darkness of the ride, with the rocky waters and sharp turns in the river, it is easy to fall apart, to let fear and mistrust come between you, and quite easily cause you lose your way as a couple.

Bruce offers some wisdom, and it is the final line that provides the home run in this song: "You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above if you want to ride on down in through this tunnel of love".

Disneyland and Springsteen -- two of my favorite things in this world. I had to jump on this one!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

I like the idea of a tunnel of love! But i do have a few suggestions...Def no wall-E and eve. I loved the movie and the characters but i think that scene would be misplaced in a ride like this.also how about adding more characters that dont have a ride at disneyland. Like Robin Hood and Maid Marian, pongo and perdita...I love the other characters that you mentioned!Maybe disney couldnt call it the tunnel of love.... they could call it "THE TUNNEL OF LOVE STORIES"... play on words no?

C'mon everybody, here we go!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Great idea, but as was said by the OP it definately still needs some work.

I haven't seen Wall-E yet so I can't truthfully say anything regarding that possible show scene. However, maybe for the final scene it could be all the Disney characters who have significant others dancing in a majestic grand ballroom? This would allow for other characters to get involved: Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Princess Aurora (with her dress changing colors) and Prince Phillip, Bernard & Bianca (The Rescuers), Robin Hood & Maid Marian, etc.

As for Bruce Springsteen...I'm thinking no. As much as I like Bruce's voice and his music I don't think it would blend well with a ride such as the proposed above. Why not have Disney create an all new song? I'm not really a big Michael Buble fan, but I could see his voice working on a ride like this. Or, maybe find an old Frank Sinatra tune ("All The Way" perhaps?).

Anyway...those are just my ideas.

- Joe

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ldybgstm View Post
    I like the idea of a tunnel of love! But i do have a few suggestions...Def no wall-E and eve. I loved the movie and the characters but i think that scene would be misplaced in a ride like this.also how about adding more characters that dont have a ride at disneyland. Like Robin Hood and Maid Marian, pongo and perdita...I love the other characters that you mentioned!Maybe disney couldnt call it the tunnel of love.... they could call it "THE TUNNEL OF LOVE STORIES"... play on words no?
    Thanks! I tried to use characters that haven't had their own attraction yet. I was thinking of calling it Once Upon a Time... Or is that too lame?

EDIT: OMG! You guys were totally right, Springsteen doesn't fit at all! I thought it was a ballad, but I was waaay wrong. I shouldn't base songs off their title.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Great idea, but as was said by the OP it definately still needs some work.

I haven't seen Wall-E yet so I can't truthfully say anything regarding that possible show scene. However, maybe for the final scene it could be all the Disney characters who have significant others dancing in a majestic grand ballroom? This would allow for other characters to get involved: Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Princess Aurora (with her dress changing colors) and Prince Phillip, Bernard & Bianca (The Rescuers), Robin Hood & Maid Marian, etc
    That's a great idea, but it might be redundant with the Belle/Beast scene.

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

Wow. you took the idea right out of my head...and yours was better! I had always thought that the classic swan ride had been missing from PP and I figured they could put it under one of the helixes...I agree that Wall-e doesn't really fit the fairy tale element...even if they are the cutest disney couple. =P Great idea!

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

I love the idea of a tunnel of love!

Though I worry about the inevitable horny teenagers who'd use the ride as their makeout center, as they already do with the haunted mansion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast