Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Peoplemover updates...?

Have their been any updates or announcements regarding a possible new Peoplemover yet? Figured I would ask; it's been awhile. Anything?

• Banned User

Re: Peoplemover updates...?

ill ask Jeannette(if i remember)

• Traveler to the south

Yes, we need updates...many many many updates! Bring back the PeopleMover!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Banned User

i emailed Jeannette but, she might not answer soon because of jury duty and tommorrow is the Band Picnic, im out for today bye!

• All? NO, ALL!

I posted a thread about it in the Ask Al forum. Haven't heard much of the PeopleMover since he announced that Disney had the plans for it.

• Wonderful World

I remember back in June there was a boatload of threads concering the people mover/Rocket rods.Now I never see them anymore.It makes me worry
    I'm back MiceChat

That's because of the number of posts with words to the effect of "Enough peoplemover talk already!"

Personally, I can't get enough. If it were up to me, I'd have a whole board devoted to them.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Hooterville, USA

We want's the redhead...I mean, we want's the Peoplemover. We want's the Peoplemover.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ROFLCOPTER

Theres still one at WDW....
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Like a blade youll stain

7 hours away from the happiest place on earth....

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru...ead.php?t=2455 thats on Vision Fantastics it has about everything new going on with the Peoplemover so enjoy..
    She's cold and she's cruel
    But she knows what she's doin'
    She pushed me in the pool
    At our last school reunion
    She laughs at my dreams
    But I dream about her laughter
    Strange as it seems
    She's the one I'm after
    Cause she's bittersweet
    She knocks me off of my feet
    And I can't help myself
    I don't want anyone else
    She's a mystery
    She's too much for me
    But I keep comin' back for more
    She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

• Banned User

I talked to Jeannette face to face yesterday, but i completely forgot to ask her but she'll email me, dont worry ill have your answer soon. btw Jeannette is sooooooo cooool and nice!

• FastPass n00b

The PeopleMover got a brief mention in an Al update and it stated they'd be considering it in a few weeks (from that time) depending on how well the 50th celebration was doing. As much as we all want that ride back, we have to try to stop reading into the situation and assume the PeopleMover is not coming back any time soon. The 50th is doing exceptionally well and they might hold off on the PeopleMover until later now because when you're packing a park with 60,000 people, there's no real need to spend tons of money trying to attract more guests. They haven't painted the remaining portion of the track outside Tomorrowland and even if they did budget it today, it wouldn't be available until around 2007. As far as I see it, PM 2.0 is dead until we hear otherwise from Al. Al's very good at resisting the temptation of posting rumors or drumming up pseudo-news just to fill an update and until he's verified something and has enough to do an update, it doesn't get posted. But a brief mention of something that was being considered and hasn't been mentioned since then does not bode well for the existance of a PM 2.0 in the near future.

As I remember, the PeopleMover was riding a little rough towards the end of its life. It'll be nice to get a new track whenever/if ever the reinstall a PeopleMover attraction. I think it would be a very big mistake to bank the curves and reinstate a Rocket Rods attraction. The capacity just isn't there and there's not as much movement as a PeopleMover because there's only one car going by every 30 seconds and it goes too fast for anyone to notice. Plus, the atmosphere entering Tomorrowland is so much more relaxed and pleasant with tons of slow-moving vehicles, as opposed to the Six Flags mentality of louder/bigger/faster is better.

It sure is frustrating having the PeopleMover in such stasis. Believe me, I miss the attraction just as much as anyone else and want it back more than anything. But it's been so long since we've had even a glimmer of hope that it seems that we'll latch on to anything, and I mean anything, that even resembles a new hope for the ride. I'm just trying to see it objectively without having my emotion cloud my perception.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-27-2005 at 11:25 AM.

• Minion

>>As much as we all want that ride back, we have to try to stop reading into the situation and assume the PeopleMover is not coming back any time soon. The 50th is doing exceptionally well and they might hold off on the PeopleMover until later now because when you're packing a park with 60,000 people,<<

Well ... I hardly think they could just open a "Peoplemover" within a few short months during the 18 month "50th" anyway.

I'm sure they are going over every single detail. All the logistics .. even one imagineer after another all bickering one has a better idea over the other .. which of course will slow down the design phase of such a new attraction. (Only when Walt was alive could he get his minions to move along efficiently!) - And while we are at it ... Can we all just get over this "Bringing Back" line - It's really get on my nerves folks!! LOL

The phrase "Bringing it back" would INFER that the 1966 squared-off white canopied 4-car trains would once again grace the same track.

We know that that is not going to happen.

HELLO .............

LISTEN UP MY DEAR MICECHATTERS ..........

DISNEY DEMOLISHED ALL BUT ONE OF THOSE 62 "1967" TRAINS. SO YER NOT GONNA SEE IT "COMING BACK" ALRIGHT??!!!!

LOL

Gee ......

Whatever we see ...

It's going to be something NEW.

OTAY?????

• Banned User

^he's right they might make it better

• My Children's Father

New works for me ....... but they need to either get something on that track or take it down ...... otherwise it is at best just clutter, or worse, a painful reminder of how good things used to be and how bad they were allowed to become ..... a monument to the pre-Ouimet era .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast