Purchase Disneyland from DisneyCorp. and run standalone like TokyoDisneyland.

I wish we could purchase Disneyland from DisneyCorp. And run it in accordance to Walt's principles and philosophies.

It would be run under a agreement as they have in Japan with the Oriental Land Holding companies, running the parks under Disney License. We would replace all current Disneyland and park executives with a hand selected competent, creative team that is aligned with Walt's principles of "putting on a good show" We would then build a true W.E.D Workshop and become the premier entertainment ride and show development studio. We would provide true Imagineering for DisneyLand Park and would provide consultation and show development for other premier entertainment facilities worldwide. The main focus would be the Disneyland USA park. This would give us more creative control over the operation and functionality of the Park, shows, merchandising and guest relations and service.

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, your Dreams come true.

Along with Wishing for the end of all Illness, Hunger, homelessness and true world peace between all Men and All nations, this is on my list of wishes.

Dreams come true!

• Special Agent

Re: Purchase Disneyland from DisneyCorp. and run standalone like TokyoDisneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I wish we could purchase Disneyland from DisneyCorp. And run it in accordance to Walt's principles and philosophies.
    American audiences are not willing to pay the same price for admission as they do in Tokyo. It would not work out.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Purchase Disneyland from DisneyCorp. and run standalone like TokyoDisneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    American audiences are not willing to pay the same price for admission as they do in Tokyo. It would not work out.
    Tokyo Disney Resort
    1-Day Passport - 5,800 - $53.77
    2-Day Passport - 10,000 - $92.68
    3-Day Magic Passport - 12,900 - $119.56
    4-Day Magic Passport - 15,000 - $139.02

There is no one or two day Park Hopper at Tokyo Disney Resort. Park Hopping can only be enjoyed on the third or fourth days.

Disneyland Resort
    Single Day, Single Park - $66
    2-Day Park Hopper - $132
    3-Day Park Hopper - $189
    4-Day Park Hopper - $214

Walt Disney World Resort
    1-Day Magic Your Way Base - $71
    2-Day Magic Your Way Base - $139
    3-Day Park Hopper - $248
    4-Day Park Hopper - $257

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    There is no one or two day Park Hopper at Tokyo Disney Resort. Park Hopping can only be enjoyed on the third or fourth days.
    Exactly. The prices at TDL are much more inline with the product they have to offer.

Here in California, discounts reign supreme.

EDIT: I didn't notice the first time that you left this off:

DLR Two Park AP price: $379
    TDL Two Park AP price: $696

DLR Cheapest AP price: $129
    TDL Cheapest AP price: $419

TDL does not have the giant AP base that DLR does. The local audience will only pay a discounted rate to get into the park.
    Last edited by MrLiver; 07-27-2008 at 03:59 PM.

• Minion

I have long hoped Disneyland would be bought by some eccentric multi-billionare who truly cared about the park .

I don't know about the AP side of things, but I think guests (local and non-local) would pay much more for parkhopping privelages to get into something like Tokyo Disney Sea than they do to get into DCA.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• When Will It Return?

Oh I think they will when they realize Tokyo's admission prices are 20-30% cheaper than they are at Disneyland in CA!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Oh I think they will when they realize Tokyo's admission prices are 20-30% cheaper than they are at Disneyland in CA!
    Compared to what? 50 bucks for one day or 129 dollars for 170 days? That's less than 2 dollars a day.

If local audiences were willing to pay more, why not abolish the AP program altogether?

• Minion

Compared to what? 50 bucks for one day or 129 dollars for 170 days? That's less than 2 dollars a day.

If local audiences were willing to pay more, why not abolish the AP program altogether?

Good idea. Especially for the park.

• I'm not really here

Ok, real quick... Mr. Liver, your math is impecable, however, I don't own an AP because I can only go for a total of 4 days every 18 months, so I get the park hopper. This is what lazyboy970 was referring to. A lot of people don't have APs and they purchase the park hoppers (TDL Passports). So his price comparisson was accurate, he compared what many people here buy, vs what many there buy, and the prices are 20% cheaper.

Though having some outside company do what happened at TDL would raise prices a fairly noticeable amount as the cost to keep things that tip top would be pretty high and as it would be an outside company, they would raise prices accordingly. So I don't think it is a good idea for this to happen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• UnExiled Minion

Exactly. The prices at TDL are much more inline with the product they have to offer.

Here in California, discounts reign supreme.

EDIT: I didn't notice the first time that you left this off:

DLR Two Park AP price: $379
    TDL Two Park AP price: $696

DLR Cheapest AP price: $129
    TDL Cheapest AP price: $419

TDL does not have the giant AP base that DLR does. The local audience will only pay a discounted rate to get into the park.
    The real kicker is when you divide the AP prices by the cheapest daily rate, to see how many days one needs to visit to "get one's money's worth." That is probably the bigger reason why TDL doesn't have a large AP base.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• UnExiled Minion

Running DL as the OLC contract requires is quite expensive. Revenue would have to come from somewhere....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."