Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Uncle Bob's Disneyland Resort Expansion Plan

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    I like your ideas uncle bob but this would cost disney 10 billion dollars
    You've got to spend money to make money. Anyway, obviously things could be cut back somewhat to maintain reasonable budgets, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect that they will have to spend a lot to continue to expand the resort. I've heard rumors that DCA's billion is only the first installment in about 4 billion coming to the resort, pre third gate. I don't think close to 10 billion would be unreasonable considering the amount of income these properties could generate.

Anyways, this plan is obviously very blue sky. Economic analysis is pretty difficult to do since Disney is so closed about the finances of the individual parks and resorts.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

This triggered an interesting question in my mind, if WDW was leveled by a disaster, how much to rebuild today from the ground up? 25-30 billion? More? It'd be interesting to know.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    This triggered an interesting question in my mind, if WDW was leveled by a disaster, how much to rebuild today from the ground up? 25-30 billion? More? It'd be interesting to know.
    If we're talking DLR...

Including the cost to resurface the old parking lot?

For WDW, remember Epcot Center cost $1billion itself over 25 years ago. Today? $5billion?? I have a feeling the entire WDW would probably be closer to $50billion

• Golden State of Mind

wow
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Senior Minion

Yeah, could be, how many resorts are there now, 14? Many of the larger ones would be about 500 mil to 1 billion each probably. The monorail today would be nearly a billion by itself probably. DTD another half a billion at least. All the infrastrcuture lakes, boats, roads and the the parks, you're probably right, I think it would be pushing 50 billion pretty quickly. That is insane.
    -Walt Disney

• GU1LEcode101 on Xbox LIVE

I don't mean to rain on your Parade of Dreams Uncle Bob but. Anaheim would NEVER allow the construction of a monorail or any other type of construct to be built over Harbor Blvd. The reason is because Harbor Blvd. Is the main evacuation route in case a of an extreme emergency. That's why you don't see any bridges down that street until you hit either Garden Grove of Fullerton. Even the Train Track on Santa Ana street are on street level going directly through Harbor.

Sorry. I had already thought of the idea about a monorail outside DLR but it got shot down before I could even say Mickey!
    Because if we save ourselves, who is going to save everyone else?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Neogmo View Post
    I don't mean to rain on your Parade of Dreams Uncle Bob but. Anaheim would NEVER allow the construction of a monorail or any other type of construct to be built over Harbor Blvd. The reason is because Harbor Blvd. Is the main evacuation route in case a of an extreme emergency. That's why you don't see any bridges down that street until you hit either Garden Grove of Fullerton. Even the Train Track on Santa Ana street are on street level going directly through Harbor.

Sorry. I had already thought of the idea about a monorail outside DLR but it got shot down before I could even say Mickey!
    Actually, the monorail is a pretty minor aspect of my plan. My main focus is the People Mover in terms of in resort transportation. The two places that my People Mover would cross Harbor would actually go under Harbor in tunnel, not over it. In the case of the Monorail, well that was just a possible route for a regional Monorail line and it's really just a vague suggestion, not something important to my plans.
    -Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

I like your plan. It is very comprehensive. I just I would question putting a hotel in the space for the third park, especially now that the Garden Walk will have hotels there, reasonably close.

I while I personally love water parks, I am concerned that the park could not be used all year round. With limited real estate, I would rather build a third park that could be visited all year round, and enjoyed with Christmas and Halloween. I would argue that we can be more creative than that. Why not build a theme park that has never been seen before? Why copy ideas that have limited appeal. (After all, we don't want to see gramma in a bikini, do we?)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

I had mixed feeling about the water park too Jiminy. In the end I felt like there probably is enough interest and I think it's a smart business decision to have one to keep people from going off property if they want to visit a water park. I also had a concern about the weather, which is why I called for the water park to be an indoor/outdoor park which would still offer enough to do even in the winter. The exact details of that I haven't worked out, but in my head I was kind of thinking of an area reminicent of thethat cave parts of PoTC and the movie Goonies, with the big grotto where they discover the pirate ship.
    -Walt Disney

• Big Al fan

The PM is now a mass transportation system. right on!!
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrPotatoHead View Post
    The PM is now a mass transportation system. right on!!
    I'd sure like to see it one day. It's really perfect, Monorails at WDW and PMs at DLR. It gives them a historic connection and a uniqueness.
    -Walt Disney

Wow Uncle Bob! I have to say I had to come back to view it a few times to get through all of your ideas! They are freaking awesome.. I think your right in thinking that Disney will be going in this general direction eventually. After all they already poured so much money into buying the land thats under where the third gate would be. The only difference I would like to see would be the third gate being something more like the Animal Kingdom, although space wise it would never fit... I guess I am just not sold on the idea of a water park...

• Senior Minion

Thanks Samjon. The Katella lot and strawberry field would house the third theme park, and the water park would be in the middle of the hotel complex south of the DLH. I wasn't sure if you were clear on that. So I at least tried to minimize the footprint of the water park and also design it in a way that its beauty would be enjoyed by many guests even if they wouldn't want to enter. As I've said before, I personally could take or leave the water park, but I think it would be smart for DLR to have one.
    -Walt Disney

Ithaca Aims To Be America's First "Podcar" City

Not sure what this is doing on a leftist website (hmm, guess it's because it's a green idea?), but it's still pretty interesting. Be sure to read the comments. Discusses issues of capacity, cost, ridership, etc.

The Disneyland Resort certainly would have the money and ridership to manage a small Podcar (PeopleMover) system resort-wide, but would it have the capacity?

• Unhelpful User

Hey uncle bob great ideas but I would make the water park part of DCA,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast