Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Lightbulb Would "Living At" Disneyland Be A Dream Come True?

Throughout the past few years the opportunities to live directly on the Las Vegas Strip have become more and more available. New living quarters are being built every month with some of the newest being at the currently under construction City Center. At the Las Vegas City Center condos will be and are available for purchase, new shops will be built, and a brand new Cirque du Soleil production based on the music of Elvis will be housed there. The City Center will surely be a sight to see!

With that said I believe something similar could very easily and very productively be pulled off at Disneyland. This new condo complex could be part of an expansion project for Downtown Disney and include a new, state-of-the-art Disney production found only at such location. It could include a private entry into one of the parks (which park determined where the condo complex would be built) or exclusive residency shuttles to and from the entrances to these parks.

Imagine living at the "Happiest Place On Earth!" Enjoy ammenities such as delivery service of some of the parks' amazing treats and meals! (Imagine enjoying a Dole Whip on your home's balcony after a quick phone call during the hot summer months or a hot bread bowl of gumbo during the winter!)

Also included in these Disney homes would be premium viewing for the nightly fireworks made possible visiting the condo's Magical Fireworks Platforms found on the roof. Or are you feeling more for romance tonight? With the touch of a button have the music from the show pumped right into your home entertainment system while snuggling up with your sweetheart from your unit's balcony!

Enjoy exlusive video feeds from the Rivers of America to watch performances of Fantasmic! or from Main Street U.S.A. to view that day's running of Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams. It's all available by living at Disneyland!

With all of that said would this be something, you, the public and/or die-hard Disney fanatics would enjoy? Depending upon the price would you consider "moving to Disneyland?" Would you pick up and move from where you currently reside to enjoy this amazing opportunity?

Let's talk it out, everybody!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: Would "Living At" Disneyland Be A Dream Come True?

I'd love it, just wouldn't be able to pay for it. I'd like the ability, however, to be far enough away so that if I don't want to be involved, I don't have to be. I would want control of the music in my room. I'd also need to be high enough/ far enough to shut out the crowds noise. This should come with a Premium pass and special entrance like you said.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

No. It would be like eating Krispi Kream everyday. Enough already
    Janette

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I wouldn't mind being close, but not quite THAT close. The only people that really could make use of that are Managers and CM's, and they probably don't want to be right on top of the place.

Now I could see a nice multi-story Condo building within a block or two, and have a platform up on the roof for fireworks viewing and the soundtrack piped in. (Only takes a FM link transmitter.) Have an ART Bus Stop at the corner, and you can buy your own AP's.

Of course, one way they could pull it off is make them Live/Work condos, with an "Office" space downstairs and living space upstairs. Small companies that are specialty park vendors would love to be close enough to make the trip with electric vehicles.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I wouldn't want to live there, but if they built it I hope it is different than City Center and can not be seen from the park.

• no flash photography...

no way...it's a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there.

• Higitus Figitus

it sounds like a fun idea, but you gotta take EVERYTHING into account.
    -you may be up all night because of the fireworks or guests getting to their rooms late.
    -PRICE! apartments on top of some malls are super expensive, and that's just living above macys! this is the "happiest place on earth"!
    -TOO CROWDED. i go to disneyland once a year, that's about enough tourists for me haha

but it would be fun for like a couple weeks or a month, itd just get to be too much after a while
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Now I could see a nice multi-story Condo building within a block or two, and have a platform up on the roof for fireworks viewing and the soundtrack piped in. (Only takes a FM link transmitter.) Have an ART Bus Stop at the corner, and you can buy your own AP's.
    This would probably be the most realistic scenario; maybe a next-step-up from DVC. For sure only a select few would want to be in the resort's front yard as opposed to nearby in a more traditional residental setting. For the rest of us, living within a few blocks would be good enough.

I think it'd be cool to be within walking distance of the parks--if it were possible to not have to live in LA at the same time...

• Pirate for life

As a kid, this was something I had always wanted. The problem is we all grow up and have to think about it logically. I agree with Bruce about seeing a multi condo built close enough with the concepts that you have described in the original post.

lol, does that mean we would all be in one place living "together"?

I'd be happy with 1 night per week.

• Minion

Most of are already at the parks enough to be considered living there. If we did actually have apartments or condos near or in the parks, I think we'd be overstepping ourselves into essentially having what Walt had. He had an apartment in the park so that he could go in very early very easily and have an uncluttered view of the park. Want a "special" entrance and pass just for you? He had the same with his fireman's pole. I think we should experience the parks as intended, as guests, than as special VIPs.

I'm sold! Where do I sign up?
    okerry

I love Disneyland! I love going there (we leave in a few hours to go for 4 days!!) I always have and now taking my kids its even better! Living only 4 hours away I could easily get annual passes but there is something about the once a year trip that I really enjoy. I love the excitement and how new it feels every time and how magical it is to go because it is a special treat. I think living there or even for me having a pass would ruin that feeling it gives me. But thats just me. I am sure there are a few people that would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjd View Post
    I love going there (we leave in a few hours to go for 4 days!!)
    I am jealous.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Sounds great! Where is the wait list?
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast