Thread: Weight Limit?

• Northwest Disneyphile

Weight Limit?

Is there a weight limit to any attractions At Disneyland? I ask because this weekend I知 going and some members of my party are on the big side. I知 pretty sure things like Dumbo are out of the question, but what about something gravity based, like splash mountain?
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Head Salesman

Re: Weight Limit?

If you ever want to make Pirates of the Caribbean really scary, get into a boat the has several heavy people on one side. I'm not talking about huge people, just enough to get the boat to tilt. Throughout the ride, you'll feel like you're on the verge of capsizing. Really scary.

I usually try to use my weight to help balance everything out, although I'm usually no match.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• My Children's Father

I seem to recall that the Orange Stinger at DCA has a weight limit, which I'm more than happy to exceed because if I rode it I would probably HURL!

I remember my brother once telling me he tried riding Dumbo with his then-wife, both on the "large" side, probably over 400 lbs total, and although they were allowed to ride together, the mechanism could not lift them, so they spent the ride spinning just above the ground .......

I've read here too that Space Mountain has some sort of weight sensor at the loading station which can lead to a "heavily" loaded car to be diverted off the track (onto a backstage siding), out of the fear of it "catching up to" the car in front of it .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I seem to recall that the Orange Stinger at DCA has a weight limit, which I'm more than happy to exceed because if I rode it I would probably HURL!

I remember my brother once telling me he tried riding Dumbo with his then-wife, both on the "large" side, probably over 400 lbs total, and although they were allowed to ride together, the mechanism could not lift them, so they spent the ride spinning just above the ground .......

I've read here too that Space Mountain has some sort of weight sensor at the loading station which can lead to a "heavily" loaded car to be diverted off the track (onto a backstage siding), out of the fear of it "catching up to" the car in front of it .....
    Or rather the car behind it catching up to it.

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Or rather the car behind it catching up to it.
    No, a heavier coaster car will actually go faster than a slower counterpart due to the combined momentum overcoming frictional slowing.

I believe the weight limit on Orange Stinger is in the area of 200 lbs.

• Banned User

well I am on the hefty side but had no problems on all the rides, the only ones I missed was dumbo, and stinger ha ha ha ,not because Iwas to fat, but they just did not interst me. I thank god disneyland can accomadate us hefty people......... ok so I am on a diet, I am trying ........ I am I am !

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    If you ever want to make Pirates of the Caribbean really scary, get into a boat the has several heavy people on one side.
    I once was on a Splash Mountain log with four other people roughly my size and weight. I knew it was going to be interesting, because we kept getting "braked" at various points. At the final drop, we pretty well flew down the drop--the fastest and wettest I've ever been.