213 60.86%
  • Sad

50 14.29%
  • Who Cares

87 24.86%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Are you Happy or Sad to see McDonald's leave the parks.

As I mentioned in my weekly update today, all three McDonald's locations in Disneyland and DCA will be converted to new offerings after Labor Day.

So what would you like to see go in their place?

Let's make a few comments...

First off, no other Restaurant Chains will be going into Disneyland, so while a lot of folks (including me) would love to see an In-n-Out, it is just not happening.

Also, remember the size of the locations.

The smallest is the Conestoga Wagon, so not much of a choice except some deep fried snack.

Next is the Harbour Gallery, a bit bigger than the Wagon, but not much.

And then the largest location, Burger Invasion in DCA.

So what are your ideas???
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I'm not really here

Re: Are you Happy or Sad to see McDonald's leave the parks.

I would like to see fries still in the Conestoga wagon. I love the fry carts =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm thrilled McDonald's is leaving!!

Maybe for the smaller areas, some deep fried snacks like at the Fair, maybe not Twinkies, but you get the idea.

Burger Invasion - hummmm.......A Soup & Salad Kitchen would be nice, buffet style.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Storyteller

To be honest, I'm happy with this news. McDonalds didn't really belong in either park - especially Disneyland. It may just be me, but I don't think they should have any chains or restaurants from the outside. They should replace the McDonalds stands with something unique to Disneyland and DCA and not with something that you can find somewhere else in the world.

• Senior Minion

I personally am glad to see them go, the fry smell made me sick. As for what would go in its place, I'm thinking maybe the nearby food carts will occupy the space for all three.

In DCA though I truly did not realize Burger Invasion was there because it's a part of the park I never visited - I tend to only go there to use the lavatories.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm happy as well. If I wanted McDs, I'd walk across Harbor and get it for half the price and free refills!

• "I Break Things"

I am glad to see it go. I don't agree with outside food chains in any amusement park (Panda Express and Johnny Rocket's in Knotts comes to mind more then Mc D's in Disney...) I feel it is a complete break in both theme and experience. To me it is on the same level as an arcade... you can go to [insert food chain here] or play [insert arcade game here] without paying admission to be in the park... so why bother?

I would like to see resturaunt specific menus, and a replacement of the generic offereings found park wide. French Market is a step in the right direction (minus the prices) but I still feel most Disneyland food is barely a step above a carnival!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

good. Mcdonalds was too pricy in the parks
    (6.50 for 1 hamburger and 3.50 for fries?)

besides I want to go to DL and have thier food, not go eat mcdonalds when I can eat it another day outside the park

• Queen Elsa

Hmm maybe the one by the Manison they can put Turkey stain there. Over by the wagon maybe ice cream stand. As for the one over at DCA no clue I have never been to that one so I don't know what it looks like. For the wagon I'm not really to sure on that so the Ice cream stand is a ? able.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

something about salty McD fries. You know they are always going to taste the same.

I'm ok for changing things up tho' --- how about we get apple fries w/ vanilla dipping sauce like they have at Legoland??
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I don't fancy McD's, so glad to see it go....more food variety and quality would definitely be good, as for the largest Burger Invasion location...why not a barbecue place? With real barbecue, that is.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Queen Elsa

I only been to the McD over by the Manison once cause I was in the mood for fries but I will not miss it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I refused to eat McDonalds in the park after they put them in and am happy that they will be gone. I would love for the Harbour Galley to go back to its old menu, popcorn shrimp = yummy goodness.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Burger Invasion - hummmm.......A Soup & Salad Kitchen would be nice, buffet style.
    Alas, I doubt that is not pratical, it might work at Pizza Omm Mow Mow, but that is slated to be converted to the new Beer Garden/Restaurant.

Burger Invasion is designed as a Window Serving location with outdoor seating.

For that location, I think you need to have simple kid friendly stuff.

Maybe move the Dip, Strips, and Chips Menu that was first at the Toy Story Mania! location and now at Farmer's Market to the Route 66 area.

This opens up the Farmers Market, which might be needed for the park expansion and Cars Land, and then take some of the more popular Food and Wine Items and offer them at the Farmers Market until it is needed for Cars Land.

As for Disneyland, the obvious one was the Harbour Gallery, which used to be a Fish and Chips place, but now you can get Fish at the Stage Door Cafe, so no need to have it twice in a close location. I would love to see Garlic Fries (steal the Cafe Orleans recipe), and maybe another Corn Dog location.

As for the Conestoga Wagon, I like the Fair Food idea... Alas, the wagon couldn't handle the demand for Fresh Funnel Cakes. Maybe Deep Fried Apple Pies, those are easy, quick and popular.....

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I refused to eat McDonalds in the park after they put them in and am happy that they will be gone. I would love for the Harbour Galley to go back to its old menu, popcorn shrimp = yummy goodness.
    I Love the idea, Fried Shrimp and Garlic Fries.... Would get a lot of business from me.... so long as their cocktail sauce had a LOT of Horseradish!!!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast