•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Disneyland Friday - Let's talk about entertainment

In the guidebooks about Disneyland, the parades and the fireworks are listed under entertainment. They are the major draws for Disneyland during it's busy times. This has especially been true during the anniversary.

Disneyland is also home to some great other entertainment. On the anniversary day, I was fortunate to get to listen to the Dapper Dans. Their style is Barber Shop Quartet, complete with their own Barber pole. ALways bothers me that Disneyland does not have a Barber shop.

THe Golden Horseshoe has Bill Hill and the Hillbillies. Was able to catch the end of their show one afternoon. They are very entertaining and very funny.

Everyone loves a parade. The characters come out in full force and popular Disney Animated films are usually featured. My favorite, of course, being Pinocchio.

You can end a day at Disneyland, with some hard choices. Do we see the Remember fireworks or Fantasmic. Both of these provide spectacular finishes to a day at Disneyland. With good timing you can do them both.

Some people find the rides and attractions entertaining. You can come out of IASW, thoroughly entertained by the music and animation of that attraction.

So here's your chance on this Disneyland Friday;

Let's talk about entertainment...
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Like a blade youll stain

7 hours away from the happiest place on earth....

Re: Disneyland Friday - Let's talk about entertainment

Uh dude Fantasmic is only on Saturdays Remember Dreams Come True is everyday cept Saturday I think..So what's the point of this thread??
    She's cold and she's cruel
    But she knows what she's doin'
    She pushed me in the pool
    At our last school reunion
    She laughs at my dreams
    But I dream about her laughter
    Strange as it seems
    She's the one I'm after
    Cause she's bittersweet
    She knocks me off of my feet
    And I can't help myself
    I don't want anyone else
    She's a mystery
    She's too much for me
    But I keep comin' back for more
    She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Disneyland is also home to some great other entertainment. On the anniversary day, I was fortunate to get to listen to the Dapper Dans. Their style is Barber Shop Quartet, complete with their own Barber pole. ALways bothers me that Disneyland does not have a Barber shop.
    I agree. My little brother had his haircut once at the Magic Kingdom, it was a fantastic experience for us all. I think it would work better at Disneyland in fact though, as Disneyland is much more local - why would you go on vacation for a haircut, as is in the case of the MK? But Disneyland is more than a theme park in California, its a home from home for some - and its only natural then for a barber shop to go with it's very own quartet? It makes the Most Magical Place on Earth much more magical at the MK, and I'm sure it could make the Happiest Place on Earth much more happier at Disneyland.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheers4sweetrevng
    Uh dude Fantasmic is only on Saturdays Remember Dreams Come True is everyday cept Saturday I think..So what's the point of this thread??
    This week, I decided to start a different thread, each day, on as many different aspects of Disneyland as I could fit in a week. Today's topic is Entertainment. Disneyland has been around for 50 years. A lot of people have been entertained at Disneyland. Threads are begun to initiate conversation. Participation is voluntary, not mandatory. I find many of the answers to my threads to be very entertaining, while I sit here typing in Chicago, wishing I was at Disneyland in California.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Yes, I am one of those people who likes to bump up their own threads. Keeping on topic, I find that entertaining.

Pop Century Resort

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Yes, I am one of those people who likes to bump up their own threads. Keeping on topic, I find that entertaining.
    Sorry, I was looking around for today's topic. Thanks for the bump; got caught up in the FOCM movement.

We love the Dapper Dan's - got their autograph a while back on their CD. They did such a good job in "The Haunted Mansion" movie.

It's hard to separate entertainment a bit, because everything, especially the little things (like always some music playing on Mainstreet) could fit into that category.

We love strolling through New Orleans Square and listening to the live bands. Also, while waiting for Fantasmic, we love the band playing on the Tom Sawyer's raft.

I know this might be a little off topic, but we used to love the Adventure game at WDW. It was a treasure hunt in Adventureland at WDW's Magic Kingdom, and we always had a blast with that.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Creative Director

I am a Disney entertainment junkie, and love it all.
    Remember, Block Party Bash, and Parade of Dreams all blew me away.

I am a sucker for Disney parades and love Parade of Dreams.
    I think no one does a parade like Disney. There are parades all over, and not one of them does anything for me like Disney's does.
    First time I watched Parade of Dreams, the lady behind me - at the end of the welcome show stop- just went, "Damn, Disney knows how to do a parade!"
    something about that put a smile on my face.

I also love the little things, like the three or four man jazz group that plays in the alleys of New Orleans.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheers4sweetrevng
    Fantasmic! is every night. I watched it on the Wed, Sunday, and the following Wed the last trip we were there. During the off season, they don't always have it. And Remember plays everynight during the summer (weather permitting) and during the school year, on Fri and Sat nights. Not sure where you got your information.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

I used to enjoy all the different swing bands that would play in the park. I remember making a trip just for the Stan Kenton Orchestra. Count Basie was great too. I can spend days there, not doing a single ride, just soaking up all the different entertainment, from the college bands to PUSH to the Trash Can Guys, to The Dapper Dans. Flag Retreat is always fun to watch. There is so much to see. And, yes, Fantasmic! and Remember is a difficult choice.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The one, the only...

I miss the time when Disneyland had bands that would perform. For a while there, there were some pretty big names like Roy Orbison.

I also like the small shows, like the Dapper Dans. There is also the sword in the stone show too.

I like the entertainment that has music the best. The small jazz band in NOS is also nice.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!