Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Tiki Lover

Should I get an AP?

Hey all,

I am from out of state. We have been visiting Disneyland about 2-3 times a year and will be going back this October. I'm wondering if it makes more sense to get an AP? I have a few questions though...

Is there a set start and expiration date...or can these be bought throughout the year and renewed on your purchase date?

Are there any "perks" with an annual pass...such as discounts, guest passes, etc.

Any info would be helpful.

SC

Re: Should I get an AP?

Yes. AP's rock! However, if you're only going 2-3 times a year, and you live out-of-state, you can only get the Delux Annual Passport, which, according to disneyland.com, is $209.00. In that perspective, it's probably not worth it. I suggest getting just a normal ticket. If you come more than 4 times a year, then a Delux Annual Passport is TOTALLY worth it!

Ticket Pricing: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...Page&#apAnchor

Ticket Info: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...derLandingPage
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

But on the other hand, If you are staying for more than one day at a time...lets say at least 3 days per stay...and annual pass might not be a bad idea.The cost would not be much more than buying a 3 day pass both times.Just make sure to look at the blackout dates if there are any.

• Tiki Lover

Thanks for the input so far...

I ask because when we go in October we are staying for 2 days. This is going to cost us around $105 for a 2-day park hopper (since it's cheaper than 2 single-day tickets). We know we'll be back for another 2-day trip sometime within the next year...so at the least it would break even.

• insufferable know-it-all

Scary Teddy: if you will visit DL 6 or more times per year (that's 3 weekends, or 2 3-day weekends), it will be worth your while to get the Premium annual pass.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• That Guy

^ Great advice! I am going to upgrade my five-day hopper when I go to DLR in two weeks. Is it true that you should wait until your last day to upgrade so you have a later expiration date?

• Man O Lantern

ST, I live in Oregon and bought a Deluxe. I upgraded my 5-day park hopper ($169 for the 5-day, just paid $40 more for the Deluxe) at the end of my trip in July, since I already know I'll be back to Disneyland in December.

We always stay within walking distance, so I don't need parking, and the Premiere wasn't worth the extra $$$, because the discounts aren't that great. I definitely wouldn't spend enough money to save enough to make it worth the extra dough.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    ^ Great advice! I am going to upgrade my five-day hopper when I go to DLR in two weeks. Is it true that you should wait until your last day to upgrade so you have a later expiration date?
    Your AP will have the expiration date of the first day you used your 5-day pass.

Edit: To be clearer.....a year from the first day you used your park hopper. I upgraded on my fifth day, because the preceding two days were block-out days for the 50th celebration. But anyway, they backdate your AP expiration....you don't get an extra five days.
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 08-26-2005 at 10:09 AM.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Scary Teddy: if you will visit DL 6 or more times per year (that's 3 weekends, or 2 3-day weekends), it will be worth your while to get the Premium annual pass.
    Agreed, the PAP is the way to go. You get free parking, discounts on most food and merchandise, and no block out days.

I think the expiration date is one year from the day you get the pass, so Max, you would probably be better to wait, unless you can get refunds for your tickents now and just get the pass before you go. The Disney store at Arrowhead Mall sells them - you would just have to wait in line to get your pic taken once there.

That is what we did, and it saved us alot of time. You then can renew by mail.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Man O Lantern

• Fish Food

I live in Texas and I bought a Deluxe AP back in March. I went four days then and three days earlier this month. Now I am planning to return again in November, so it's been well worth it for me. Most years I don't make it out there so often (if at all) but with the 50th Festivities, I knew it would be a Disneyland intensive year. Having an AP seems to make it easier for me to make excuses to go too, and that's always a good thing.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyfish
    I live in Texas and I bought a Deluxe AP back in March. I went four days then and three days earlier this month. Now I am planning to return again in November, so it's been well worth it for me. Most years I don't make it out there so often (if at all) but with the 50th Festivities, I knew it would be a Disneyland intensive year. Having an AP seems to make it easier for me to make excuses to go too, and that's always a good thing.
    That is a good point; we go more because we have the AP than we would without (I guess that's kinda obvious). When we are looking for a quick weekend getaway, it is nice to know that our entertainment is already paid for.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Circle of Ancients

I'd love to have an AP! Someday, I'll be able to visit Disneyland all of the time... But for now, the every 2-3 years will just have to do...

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Agreed, the PAP is the way to go. You get free parking, discounts on most food and merchandise, and no block out days.

I think the expiration date is one year from the day you get the pass, so Max, you would probably be better to wait, unless you can get refunds for your tickents now and just get the pass before you go. The Disney store at Arrowhead Mall sells them - you would just have to wait in line to get your pic taken once there.

That is what we did, and it saved us alot of time. You then can renew by mail.
    The expiration date is the first day you use the pass. Now, if you already have purchased parkhoppers, I'd say go ahead with the parkhoppers, and on your last day, upgrade them to an AP. The reasoning behind this is, if you're getting anything less than a premium AP (for example, the deluxe, because you must upgrade to something more expensive), you want the advantage of having no block-out dates. If you upgrade on the last day of your parkhopper, the AP will be one year from the first date you used the parkhopper ticket.

If you purchase an AP before going (sure it saves you time in the ticket booth line, but there's always a risk of losing the ticket), you receive a paper ticket. The day you use that ticket is the first day of your AP and you MUST go do the photo, etc. on that day, so best to do it early.

If you haven't pre-purchased tickets and you plan to get the premium, then go ahead and buy it when you get there - bring your parking stub with you to the ticket booth because the premium covers parking and they'll refund/subtract it from the cost of the pass.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Just to reiterate: if you're getting a premium, go ahead and upgrade whenever on your hopper. Sooner the better as far as parking is concerned.

If you're NOT getting a premium, upgrade on the last day of your park hopper because that way you don't have blockout days during your trip.

You must upgrade on a valid day of the parkhopper. No going back the day after you finished it off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast