Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Indy accident once more

Today, early this morning, one of Indy's vehicles ran off the track and into a wall in the attraction. The attraction will most likely be closed today and perhaps for the rest of the week.

If this any indication to Disney's upper management, STOP running the ride into the ground and compromising Guest safety for the sake of making money. This is one in a hundred occurrences over the past few months that has forced this attraction down because of faulty maintenance and facility issues. Stop trying to save money and force the ride into operation when it is clearly in dire need of work. The attraction and its vehicles needs a refurbishment so these accidents and extended, un-expected downtimes do not occur.

I feel sorry for the Cast Members who get paid a cheap 9.05 an hour that have to stand out front and tell a Guest who paid 80 bucks a pop to ride the ride, that is closed for an unknown amount of time because of faulty maintenance.

There are so many things wrong with this situation. I am really disappointed with Disney.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 07-29-2008 at 01:18 PM.

• Minion

Re: Indy accident once more

For real???? Jeez. I don't know what to say other than I wish I was on it when it happened! Last time I rode it Indy's head was backwards. kewl stuff.

• Banned User

Wow, they really need to fix that now...

And indy's head was backwards?

• Lowering Expectations

The Indy Jones "Summer of Hidden Mysteries" was never made into a big marketing push, but nevertheless it is disappointing that the Disneyland attraction that rightfully should have the most attention this summer is as unreliable as it is.

So how does a troop transport vehicle just decide to jump the track and hit a wall?
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• =)

Oh boy...not again. I will say that I haven't only had one bad ride on Indy in the last year, out of perhaps ten times...but still, there's obviously a lot that needs to happen to get it in truly working order. Maybe Disney's gonna fork over the money and time soon.

So how does a troop transport vehicle just decide to jump the track and hit a wall?
    It happens. The EMVs are powered through the floor, but they're powerful vehicles that drive themselves. They can pop off the track if "properly motivated." (Don't ask me what actually leads to it happening, though...)

• I'm not really here

I have a feeling that Indy is going to go down once schools start up again... after labor day.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

It has happened before, but it was a different vehicle and the damage took the vehicle out of service for almost a year. This time, the back wheels decided not to straighten and the vehicle took a straight dive into a wall. Like I said it has happened before. And sources tell me that this isn't the only incident that has proven the ride has been dealing with faulty maintenance; mainly being why the ride is as un-reliable as it is.

• DCA FTW!

Good thing it was before the earthquake no? If people were on it when the quake hit who knows how many crashes the ride may have had due to the low maintenance.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Good thing it was before the earthquake no?
    I seriously doubt it would have made much of a difference.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Good thing it was before the earthquake no? If people were on it when the quake hit who knows how many crashes the ride may have had due to the low maintenance.
    Oh for goodness sake.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Were any guests on the vehicle that went off the track?

This is a problem that should never take place at all. It's irresponsible of Disney to allow this to happen. I hope Al mentions something about the maintenance issues in his next update. Where's TMZ? Get the media on this!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Banned User

Disney will just say it was a "build-up of fiberglass" on the track.

• Still lost in Neverland

Interesting cause Indy Vehicles do not ride on tracks. That thing you see going thru the slot in the floor is fastened to a wire track that give commands to the cars from computers located around the ride (125 of them) to augment the computers on board. The cars actually drive themselves with those big tires (which need replacing at least once a month) and the steering is also under computer control, not a track.

And how do I know this? I have a complete set of blueprints of the ride. And I walked through with Tony Baxter the day before the ride opened. And I have been evaced off the ride. Learned a lot about the ride from Tony and the Evacs where you can see everything you shouldn't. Not to say the attraction doesn't need some rehabing and fixing though. Obviously it's getting old now and needs more attention. And we all know how good Disney Repair People take care of older rides now.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    And how do I know this? I have a complete set of blueprints of the ride. And I walked through with Tony Baxter the day before the ride opened.
    You lucky duck! How would you like a complementary churro? hmm no? Hows about a Dole whip? Let's talk about your connections.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Disney will just say it was a "build-up of fiberglass" on the track.
    LOL

OR that they were testing new ride configurations to see if guests enjoy the impact with the wall.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast