View Poll Results: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces shop Closing?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be missed.

102 72.34%
  • I never shopped there.

30 21.28%
  • I never noticed the place.

9 6.38%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

Yes, the custom watch artists will return. they've been temporarily moved to the Art of Disneyland room thats part of the Opera House.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
    I'm sorry Kritter- I didn't mean to upset you. What I meant was that the unwillingness of people to walk a hundred extra steps ties into the fact that people are inactive and at times, overweight and some of those overweight people sink boats at IASW (hence the refurb). I'm sorry people yell at you. However, it makes me sad that some of the magic of the park is being lost. If this is indeed why the store is closing, it sucks for those of us who don't mind walking a few extra steps to get what we want.
    oh no, I'm not upset. I was just trying to clear everything up that I said. I see what you're saying with the IASW refurb, some people are very willing to walk to the stores, but there are some bad apples in the bunch that just want to buy a single object and head out! When we tell them that certain shops sell this or that they think the apocolypse is coming and get all upset. I agree with you that the magic of Mainstreet is some what fading away with the closure of the Timepiece shop and it's very sad. Watches will continue being sold at the Emporium and the jewelry shop, but it's not really the same having a shop dedicated to watches. Kind of like how the Three Fairy's Crystal Shop has closed under the castle! Even though there is a China shop on Main Street, I always enjoyed looking at the glass pieces in the shop under the castle. Now that is turning into another piece of the Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through.

I see where you are coming from and I was just clearing myself up (You did not make me upset )

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    oh no, I'm not upset. I was just trying to clear everything up that I said. I see what you're saying with the IASW refurb, some people are very willing to walk to the stores, but there are some bad apples in the bunch that just want to buy a single object and head out! When we tell them that certain shops sell this or that they think the apocolypse is coming and get all upset. I agree with you that the magic of Mainstreet is some what fading away with the closure of the Timepiece shop and it's very sad. Watches will continue being sold at the Emporium and the jewelry shop, but it's not really the same having a shop dedicated to watches. Kind of like how the Three Fairy's Crystal Shop has closed under the castle! Even though there is a China shop on Main Street, I always enjoyed looking at the glass pieces in the shop under the castle. Now that is turning into another piece of the Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through.

I see where you are coming from and I was just clearing myself up (You did not make me upset )
    I'm sorry you have to deal with angry people. I can never understand people getting themselves all worked up in the Happiest Place on Earth- imagine what they're like in their everyday lives.

I'm sorry to see New Century Timepieces leaving but understand the need for change.

• Minion

Blog Entries

that's sad...i like that store and HAVE bought something in the past

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Wait! What?! When?! I haven't heard about this. I LOVE that store! I go in there every trip and shop. When is this other store opening? I like the name too. But...why?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
    I'm sorry you have to deal with angry people. I can never understand people getting themselves all worked up in the Happiest Place on Earth- imagine what they're like in their everyday lives.

I'm sorry to see New Century Timepieces leaving but understand the need for change.
    I understand the need for change. I was just saying that the jewelry shop and the emporium are now selling some of the watches.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm sorry to see this store close as well, although I haven't been in there much since Century, for whatever reason, stopped making and selling the "classic Mickey" watches that I've worn for over half my life.

Overall, merchandise at the park continues to go from an asset to an embarrassment.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    of course they are expecting to walk, but by the end of the night everyone is so drained and tired they are not willing to put in the extra effort to walk the extra 100 steps or so to get what they want. Everyone is expecting us to have what they want and when we don't. We're the ones who get yelled at for not having it in stock. and the attitude has NOTHING to tie in with the refurb of small world. I haven't made any critism's about the changes. I was just saying to Aladdin that the shop is organized. I don't see how it had anything to do with a ISAW attitude.

Well, Disneyland just feeds that guest attitude by making them think that they can get whatever they want at any shop in the park. In the long ago past, merchandise was pretty much land specific. People understood that if they wanted a Frontierland item, they would find it in Frontierland. The same for merchandise from the other lands. If they got to the end of the day and decided they wanted something, they knew where they would find it.

The fact that all the stores carry pretty much the same merchandise actually makes it MORE difficult for the guests to find what they want. Now they have to go to almost every shop in the park because the item they are looking for MIGHT be there.

Anyway, if anyone gives you flak about the merchandise at closing time, tell them to go to World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    it will be replaced with a Fortuosity Shoppe. they will sell eclectic offering of accessories, apparel & gift items.
    And Watches. The custom Disney Watches are not going away...
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Stich626 View Post
    Although I never bought anything in there....I loved walking around and looking at everything.
    And thats more than likely why this is happening. Too much looking around and not enough buying. I could be wrong though.

• Off to Neverland

the watch I am currently wearing (and wear on a daily basis) was bought there!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I wonder if their service prices are reasonable - I have the Mickey Seiko Chronograph that needs a fresh battery, and I keep forgetting to go by the local watch shop...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    And thats more than likely why this is happening. Too much looking around and not enough buying. I could be wrong though.
    In my opinion that's due in large part to the fact that the quality of their merchandise is not near what it used to be.

That, plus from what I understand watch sales in general have slumped in recent years as more and more people use their blackberries and raspberries and gooseberries and such to determine the time of day.

Of course I could be wrong too.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Yes, the custom watch artists will return. they've been temporarily moved to the Art of Disneyland room thats part of the Opera House.
    If this is the case, I suppose it's not horrible. I always thought it was fun to watch them work, and, to see the watches, though I admit, I never had the money to buy one.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    more people use their blackberries and raspberries and gooseberries and such to determine the time of day.

-- Barry
    Barry---you crack me up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast