View Poll Results: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces shop Closing?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be missed.

102 72.34%
  • I never shopped there.

30 21.28%
  • I never noticed the place.

9 6.38%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Maybe if they hadn't charged so much freakin' money for their watches they wouldn't be going teets up.

I haven't laughed that hard all day!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Everytime I walked through the place I saw nothing that would make me hesitate for even a second. I'm hoping for something better myself.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Disney Geek

I loved the watch shop. I never bought anything....but I liked to look at the watches.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by isomy87 View Post
    i worked in the timepieces shop and will be working in the new fortuosity shop. unfortunately, we cannot service you seiko chronograph. while we can almost size any watch out there to the best of our ability, the only watches we can replace parts/batteries for are our artisan program watches.
    Oh, nertz... You sold the Seiko and Lorus and Timex watches for years (and at Full MSRP, I might add) and I find it disappointing they don't have the batteries.

"Once Upon A Time" I remember when you could get most all the services of any real Main Street in the USA on Disneyland's. There was a full service real branch bank that was open every day the park was. And a real drugstore...

Wonder if any of the early Main Street clothing stores had tailoring and alterations available? Probably did - Or they could have run a pair of pants back to Costuming for an emergency inseam...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I will miss Timepieces......I bought my wife two watches there and I got one there myself - on 7/17/05, in fact. We have a CM Friend that works in there - her name is Kathy and she's from Greece. She's so nice....I wonder where she'll be working now???

The new shop opened up yesterday. I was at the park and Futurosity was actually done very very well. There are still the watches and the custom watch designer stations, but they added several other items... Shot glasses, money clips, mickey underware, other really nice things that you dont see in other shops. They kept the feel of the store, but made it more than just watches.

And no, there arent any buzz lightyears laser guns, star wars lightsabers or anything like that in there.

Kudos on a great refurb to the store.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuklhed View Post
    The new shop opened up yesterday. I was at the park and Futurosity was actually done very very well. There are still the watches and the custom watch designer stations, but they added several other items... Shot glasses, money clips, mickey underware, other really nice things that you dont see in other shops. They kept the feel of the store, but made it more than just watches.

And no, there arent any buzz lightyears laser guns, star wars lightsabers or anything like that in there.

Kudos on a great refurb to the store.
    Agreed! We were there lastnight....and I thought they did a great refurb shop....not only that, but they have "The Happiest Millionaire" on display for sale..........very cool shop...and was glad that I got to visit it on it's opening day!

Nice job Disneyland!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

About the "Happiest Millionaire" movie - yes, this is a fave of ours. As well, it is the final movie in which Walt Disney visited the set....there pictures of Walt Disney with Jon Davidson and Lesley-Ann Warren around....might be able to Google them....

I visited the shop around 8:45pm lastnight, October 3.

As for the shop, I loved it. It was a great offering. I especially love the 'attraction' shirts of Monorail and Skyway.....and that area. The watch display was nice too......

Not only that, but the CM's were especially helpful and friendly - in true Disney fashion......and I actually chatted with an older woman CM behin the counter and she was especially friendly....and we had a nice time.

My friend Daniel and I actually went in the store while our wives sat on Main Street with coffee/cocoa and with our respective kids.....waiting for Fireworks that never 'worked' because of weather conditions......

Nice place, indeed! Can't wait to revisit
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 10-21-2008 at 12:28 PM.

• I love Mulholland Madness

I bought my Mickey watch there...bummed they are closing it, it's a cool store!
    Be Nice or Leave

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeia View Post
    I bought my Mickey watch there...bummed they are closing it, it's a cool store!
    I know what you mean, but Fortuosity Shop still sells watches.....and I was bummed that it was closing too.....but with this offering of the new shop, I think they made a wonderful decision.....this store is great!

• It's all about Theme!

I just don't like how some people make everything Disney does seem all correct. I bet that people enjoyed Rocket Rods as well and ISAW is going to be a doosy when it reopens. No, not if there is imagination, if there is money left in the world.
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 12-14-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Dudes, the new store looks pretty much the same as the old, but with tons of improvements.

Don't be afraid of change (at least not always)!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

I visited the shop around 8:45pm lastnight, October 3.
    Well dang it, you and I were in the store the same time. lol. Probably ran into each other.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Tinkerbell's Place

Thumbs down Re: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

I think it's lame that they are removing this very uniquie shop. I have always loved the special shops on Main Street. I miss the candle shop that used to be on main street as well. I agree with one of the other replies that with Disney doing this all the shops are going to look the same and not having that Disney special quality to them.Like the stores in Frontierland selling western wear etc, i'm noticing some of that coming back, but it'd be better if most that shop was themed towards the land in which it is in.

Looking forward to visiting the revamped shop on our December trip.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast