• living to haunt

Thank You Quake CM's

I have been reading all the threads, good and bad, on the quake yesterday. One of the items I see missing in a lot of the posts is a "thank you" to the staff of the parks and the hotels. When you think about how many people are in the parks and hotels at any given moment, then factor in how many patrons have never been in a quake, this is a formula for disaster.
    The fact that there was no panic, no injuries, and what sounds like a pretty clean evac, says tons about the staffing at the Disney Properties. They were showing tapes of Judge Judy and Big Brother on the news and there was panic! No one knowing where to go and no one offering support.

Hats off to any Disney staff that helped make another California Shake Up a adventure and not a disaster! Be it training, or common sense, it sounds like you all did your jobs and kept your heads! Well Done!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Showus your Larboard side

Re: Thank You Quake CM's

We here in Kalifornia that have been raised with the "shakin earth" don't really think about it much, but those out of staters that have never experienced an earthquake get real nervous about it. My relatives in Texas and Louisiana don't come to So Cal just because of the fear of earthquakes, they will survive those hurricanes but are deathly afraid of earthquakes. Now couple that with a park full of out of state visitors and that puts a lot of responsibility on the park CM's to remain calm and direct traffic to the mandated safe area's. Good on ya, CM's.
    Just a little aside here, I saw on KTLA this morning that it has been 17 years since the last earthquake this size. I didn't know that, seems like just a couple of years since the last one.

Mike R

Thank you ladydragon55, That was something I tried to search for yesterday among all the different threads, and appreciate that someone took notice. Thank you all Disney Cast Members, for handling this crisis to the best of your ability.

I would take it as a compliment if people said they didn't know why they were evacuated, since the point is not to ruin or interrupt a family's vacation as much as possible. The lack of panic or incidents resulting from the actual earthquake, show's just how ready the cast is to handle this type of emergency.

All in a day's work.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Yes a big thanks goes to all the CMs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    Just a little aside here, I saw on KTLA this morning that it has been 17 years since the last earthquake this size. I didn't know that, seems like just a couple of years since the last one.

Mike R
    I heard that on our Northern California news, but they cleared up the questions by saying that the one Yesterday was on a different fault line in a different area of Southern California. You Southern folks have only a few fault lines, up here we have dozens so each fault line gets its own credit. I have friends from the MidWest and such that would rather do a tornado than a earthquake...are they nuts????
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• I'm not really here

I too would like to give a huge pat on the back and hearty thank you to the CMs. I wasn't there, but I know how hard they work and they do a bang up job. It must have been an even harder job yesterday with the confusion and questions an earthquake creates.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Thank you, CMs!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

A big "Hooray!" for the CMS's that evac'd quickly and efficiently. I wasn't there, but I live in NorCal and I know that people get crazy during a shaker. For CM's to get everyone out safely from the rides on a normal day is a feat of patience, but to do it after an earthquake? Just too good!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    Hats off to any Disney staff that helped make another California Shake Up a adventure and not a disaster! Be it training, or common sense, it sounds like you all did your jobs and kept your heads! Well Done!
    Well said! I concur!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Yes, the cast member's yesterday were really good about it. They were happy to answer our questions and awkwardly in a good mood. I'm not complaining, it's just funny to see everyone in the park mad then to see cast members all happy. All in all, they did a great job . (i was there)

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    it's just funny to see everyone in the park mad then to see cast members all happy.
    This might be a secret to the success of being an effective Cast Member!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

LD- good point. Thank you for taking the time to say TY.

I've lived through high winds, tornadoes (small ones), and earthquakes. Not a big deal, any of them, if you're prepared. Not prepared, not used to it- I can see how people could have an issue. I'm sure the CMs were ready for this, and that's good.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.